Advance Schedule

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

We will be moving to a faster advance pace. Do not continue playing in the league if you cannot maintain the pace. I have seen the benefits of a faster pace in other leagues and feel a faster pace is an integral part of running a successful league. Players are more invested and interested - thats where we need to be.

Starting tonight, the advance pace is pegged at Mon - Wed - Fri. We will not wait and we will not listen to extenuating circumstances (unless its playoffs.) We will advance in the evening, around 11pm EST. IF I cannot, for whatever reason, advance the league late that night, it will be advanced the following morning. Friday's will typically be later as I do have a social life - if I am out Friday evening things will be advanced very late or early Saturday.

Tonight's advance will be prompt as I will do it as soon as I get home from work (I have to get commissioner powers back from Huskie first)

This is not up for debate.

2. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

Not sure how this will make things better but if you are going to speed up the advance it should be done in the am hours so everyone has the entire night to play there games.

3. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Sounds good to me.

4. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

I am down for this. Hopefully for this week we can do a really late advance Friday.

5. Keller

More than likely yeah.

6. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

Making drunkin' advances....NICE :D

7. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Keller I do want to come back but the 3 advances a week is going to be tough, as I do have to work when I'm home and will need some adaption time when I head to Seattle and get settled into my unit so I may have to go on auto for a while til I am settled in. I don't mind the fast paced league but I liked it how we used to do the advances. Tuesday, Friday, Sunday, cause the weekends gave us a good chance to get games in, a lot of us have more free time then, but that is just my suggestion.

8. Keller

I wouldn't be opposed to that - assuming others get on board.

9. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

I agree with this format compared to a Mon-Wed-Fri (I can usually get two games in on the weekend, and one during the week.)

10. Keller

Yeah that makes sense.

I think at the time I just wanted to hammer out that we are moving to a faster advance pace - not necessarily that it was set in stone that we go MWF. I'm not at all opposed to Tu/Fr/Sun if thats what people want to do.

11. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

a TFS would be great..

12. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I would also like a T/F/S advance.

13. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

sounds good if people would actually bother to turn up for games instead of getting simmed lol

14. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

When we did the advance schedule involving or allowing for two weekend games it gave everyone a better chance to schedule games, and make games easier. Because during the week gets hard for people, if for some reason a spouse is sick, or kids or work runs late, not as easy to reschedule a game. But on the weekends if you need to push it back til later in the day it gives people a chance to do that without the small window.

It worked before so it was just a suggestion to try and help the league out. Also have a little faith in people, the season is almost over and I can just about guarentee you will see who wants to be here and who doesn't during the offseason. During the offseason activity usually increases with FA and the Draft and Trades for needs being made. People that want to be part of the league and want to contribute are active during this time trying to get their team better for the following year and figuring out salary cap space and prudently planning for the needs/wants of the draft and who to let walk away and who to sign. When you draft players you like a lot, you look forward to playing with them so activity generally picks up during the second season and people get more into it.

Most important, have some faith in your fellow league members, sometimes stuff comes up but those that wanna be here, will make their way here if at all possible (y)

Trust me tho when I say I was that guy in the first year of TMFL, I was the first to complain about people not giving times to play or having games simmed, aka the title of the Enforcer, but you realize who really wants to be here and who doesn't. I'd rather play in a league of 18 owners who are dedicated and want to be here then a league of 32 that has just spotty work from bottom to top and comes and goes at a whim.

Tradition Sports and TMFL offer a good dedicated league for players that want to stay around and be part of a good NFL league, and also offers other really good leagues for the NBA, NCAA, FIFA as well as others so as I said, try to remain optimistic and if you have some suggestions that might help and can illustrate them in a positive manner, not like "This league sucks and needs more members" have an idea to go along with it, "Hey membership seems to be down, how about we try looking for some members in X location or possibly try this..........." Keller has always been approachable with new ideas and things. I know I must have sent him 20 different ones the first full season, lol some of them stunk when you really looked at it but at least its good to bounce off people and see. Everyone is interested in making the league better so if you have some suggestions or ideas, definitely put them out there :)

See you all soon.

• Like Like x 1