Advance Times and Hold Requests

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Advance Times and Hold Requests

I will be posting times for each advance in this thread. League rules are as follows:

1. We advance every 48 hours.

2. If we are ready before the deadline, we advance, and post the new deadline here.

3. Any member can request an extra day if he needs it, for as long as this exception is not abused.

4. Holiday schedules will be created as needed.

2. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Deadline - Week 4

The next advance will happen at 10 PM EST on Wednesday, August 4.

3. brucebond

brucebond Walk On

4. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Eastern. I'll make sure that's a part of the posts from now on.

5. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

CST. silly kid. does anything good happen west of the mississippi?

6. brucebond

brucebond Walk On

first thing that come to mind: oklahoma sucking to keep texas from falling into the gulf

7. vatechhokie01

this is a great answer. i'll accept that.

8. mbmonk

mbmonk Walk On

I think making one thread for these type of announcements are great. I subscribed to the thread with instant email notification that way I can keep up with important announcements like these.

9. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Then, as a group, let's keep the chat down in this thread, and make sure it is used only for what it was created for. That way, we can all subscribe without getting bombarded with notifications.

10. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Deadline - Week 5

We have advanced to week four. Next advance will be on Friday. Let's make it in the evening, so everyone has Friday to play. Let's call it 10pm, but advance early if we get done, like we just did.

11. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Deadline - Week 6

We have advanced to week five. Next advance will be on Sunday. Let's make it in the evening, at 8pm or so.

12. BulldogBully

BulldogBully Whiskey Slinger

Gentlemen, (and foul mouthed preacher)...

I will be going out of town tomorrow afternoon and not returning until monday evening. I have already completed my week 5 game and will finish recruiting tonight. I won't be able to get week 6 in until I return on Monday night.

I hate to be the first one to ask for more time (am I the first?)...I've got good reasoning...the trip is mainly for business...a liquor and wine convention and tasting. It's a hard job, but somebody's gotta do it. Wish me luck at the craps table too!

13. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

No worries Bulldog...

I will actually be in the same boat next weekend. Going to Texas for a few ball games in Arlington and Houston.

14. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

bdog, hope you roll a hard seven (i hope thats good)

15. vatechhokie01

bdog, you are a bitch. but i love you. good luck! and we can wait for you anytime you nancy.

16. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Good news fellas, my wife's doctor said we could go anytime and deliver this baby. She said that lots of sex is the best thing to help speed it along...so if you dont hear from me its because that going on. I am on here all the time but I think telling my wife we cant go to the hospital until I update my fake football league with some guys I don't know

17. vatechhokie01

well thats exciting. i think you might be able to plug a ps3 into the hospital tvs.

18. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

And most hospitals do have wireless now. Being in the delivery room isn't all that important. The baby won't even know you are there.

19. vatechhokie01

plus you'll be up all night making sure your baby is breathing. might as well get some recruiting in.

20. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Stop scaring the noob. You guys ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

Just remember to buy your wife something nice, and give it to her after she delivers. She's going to be a hormonal mess, and she'll expect it, even if she doesn't say so. A nice locket should get you in good for a few days. And tell her how beautiful she looks. Do it so many times it makes you ill. She'll be telling the hospital stories for years, so you gotta knock this one outta the park.

21. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

As per my own recent experiences (my wife and I stayed at the hospital for 4 days as she was in induced labor). Going on a walmart run at 3 in the morning because you can't sleep on the shitty hospital recliner chair is NOT acceptable.

Find a local restaurant to eat at when your wife is eating, hospital food is the price of a trip to ruth's chris steak house, so you might as well get the bang for your buck.

Buy her something nice like arch said, but don't buy here a dress with a size she would have worn before the pregnancy, it doesn't help as much as you would think.

Don't offer to do shots with the doctor after delivery.

Bring a camera, don't rush things, and get some sleep the first night after the baby is born, you'll need it. Most of all, be the best dad you can be, holding that kid will change your life forever.

22. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I think we should start a new thread. We have guys who subscribe to this thread to get updates, and they're getting dad advice (which should be its own thread considering our membership). So let's move this discussion.

23. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Advance to Week 6

FYI -

We will be advancing tonight. We're still 11/12, but our 12th hasn't so much as logged on to the site in over three days, so I'm thinking we need to move on.

Due to the recent turnover, we will not be filling new spots with the first available candidates. I'm tired of filling holes, so we're gonna be really selective from now on. I don't mind playing with 11, or 10, or 6. We seem to have a setup that doesn't require a full roster, so we're not going to have one unless we find 12 reasonably foul mouthed men of faith.

I'll give UT until 8pm EST, and then I advance.

24. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

We need to be sure we get committed people to fill in. No knocks on the new guys, because most of us here are new guys, but we need to be selective.

25. vatechhokie01

agreed. this is great arch. we've got a great core and as along as these ornery sons of bitches like carolineasy, mmullen, and bulldog are around, we are good to go!