Advance Times

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Sep 3, 2010.

?

What is your personal desire for the advance rules?

1. Rather loose - I somewhat wanted and want a lot of grace and exceptions and don't mind waiting

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Rather strict - I really don't mind getting simmed every blue moon and want to speed things up

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Really strict - We need to be ok with getting simmed. It is better for the league and involvement

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

Advance Times

So the prophecy uttered by Archie is coming true. We, since dabbling with waiting for users out the butthole...have now become a league that just drags ass WAY too much. What do you guys think? Arch and I have been chatting and we are def coming with a set of rules for advances that are hard and you'll just have to live. But your vote will def steer the loose/strict nature of such. So be thoughtful and comment.

2. vatechhokie01

My proposal to start:

-We have a very strict 48hr-plus for reg season. The "plus" just means it always happens on the 1st midnight after the 48hrs is up.
    -We have a hard 48hr-plus for champ and bowl weeks with the opportunity for a 24-hr grace period for a really good excuse (of which only Arch is the judge...no whining)
    -Offseason is 1 night from 8 to midnight and to be held within 72hrs of the last bowl played. Jump in when you can but if you miss, you miss.

3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I voted strict, but only because none of you douchers can sim me :)

Seriously, though, I'd like to move quickly and not care about sims. Tradition One gets in a huge number of seasons, and they love it. Losses don't hurt as much because the next week, and the next year, are right around the corner. Less drama, more drama, if you know what I mean. I say speed it up, and give the guys more to do. Busy equals active.

4. vatechhokie01

This is EXACTLY what I'm looking for.

5. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Truthfully, the waits kill me. I'm an impatient fuck who likes to play one game a night and no less than one game over the course of two days. But I'm also a bachelor who only has to worry about himself. When I joined this league, I expected things to be more laxed and at a slightly slower pace because so many of the dudes in TDL have families, so I refuse to complain. But I do like to try to motivate and annoy on occasion! ;)

Also, keep in mind that being simmed might be an advantage for players with this current set! After seeing losses to Idaho and Marshall, there's no wonder Bruce doesn't mind being skipped over!

Haha, in all seriousness, though, I went with the compromise of "rather strict" because in my brief time here, I've noticed that seems to be the culture of this board. Always seeking balance. We don't want to move too quickly and lessen the league quality, but at the same time, there has to be the understanding that the season flow needs to be preserved.

6. vatechhokie01

I do want to state, as a busy guy with 2 kids and a family: if you want to be in the league you are gonna have to be basically committed to playing a game every other night or it just won't work. It's just not fun.

The more important thing is you're also gonna just HAVE to be ok with getting simmed every once in awhile. It's not that big of a deal, right? It's a video game.

7. egofailure

I like this. Can this include setting red-shirts and getting your recruiting board set up? ;)

I can't help but agree with this. Waiting post 48 hours really takes the fun/rhythm out of the season. I'm really hoping to get A LOT of seasons in.

With 12 guys, there's always going to be at least one person who needs more than 48 hours. That's why being okay with being simmed is a must. If the game is big enough in your eyes, you'll find the time to sit down and play it.

8. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

Rather strict would pull some folks back in. Myself included. I've begun to lose my excitement and enjoyment of bring in the league.

9. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

i am balls to the wall all about this league. I am currently playing TDL2 at 2 a.m. with a bottle in one hand...lets get back to normal, the good old days, you know like three weeks ago

10. JustASample

JustASample Walk On

Rather strict for me as well

11. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

I am ready to get this thing moving again....if I can ever get access over the PS3 again.

12. Goose

Goose Walk On

I thought this was a league for dad's that can't play every night?

13. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Can we handle every other night?

14. Goose

Goose Walk On

I can try, I just thought it was more relaxed 2-3 advances a week. but it shouldn't be a problem.

15. egofailure

A couple sims never killed anyone ... ;)