Advance Times

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

This is from the Dynasty Desccription:

Advance Times
    • Monday - Optional Advance any time after 5pm, and only if 12/12 are ready. Window closes at midnight.
    • Wednesday - Required Advance 11pm
    • Thursday - Optional Advance any time after 5pm, and only if 12/12 are ready. Window closes at midnight.
    • Saturday - Required Advance 11pm
    We using this, or are we going with something else? I ask because we could advance now, but it's off schedule, and I don't want the mess we had last year. Let me know.

2. Big D

Big D Walk On

Is everybody finished? We should definately advance then.

How about this Archie Griffin.

When we use set days of the week to advance they'll always get out of whack because at times we will finish quickly.

Instead lets go to a 2 or 3 day advance schedule, and if everyone finishes early we just advance it and start the clock on the next week.

3. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

I think there's something in the middle, but this is why it's tough to pass laws.

Everyone is ready, so we should definitely advance now. There is probably some loophole that allows us to bypass or move a mandatory advance when we squeeze in an advance 24-36 hours before a mandatory one. I would guess that, since it's a Friday night, we wouldn't have any trouble getting everyone done by tomorrow night, but that's just my guess.

4. Big D

Big D Walk On

To keep from advancing too quickly and running people over on occassion, why not use a 3 day advance. Most always we will beat this advance. But it will be there if we need it. Simple and effective I think.

Drawbacks?

5. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

I play every single day so a 24 hour or 72 hour advance is no biggie to me. Since we do move a lot I think making it a soft 48 hard 60 hour advance would work well. This way if guys finish we move if they need time they got 2.5 days and don't need to feel pressured to get it in.just start the clock once we advance evertime

6. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

I think we've evolved into a quicker group. What about 48 hours advances, with everyone getting two "I need another 24 hours!" cards per season? If we advanced now, people would have til' 9:00 PM Sunday night to play their game. I think we can handle it.

7. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

This works. We start the clock each advance, though most times we won't need it. If 72 hours passes, we advance. Simple.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Big D

Big D Walk On

Let me give you what we did in the OMFL that proved the best advance system we ever tried.

1) Two day advance, with day 3 as the emergency day. (We had four day advance with 5th day as emergency)

An emergency day is obviously narrowly defined to vacations, family stuff, and other things you just CAN'T get out of. No restrictions oh how many times you can use the emergency day as, let's be honest, stuff happens. However guys found to be abusing this system by the board of commissioners would be punished appropriately.

To be honest, we have never ever had any issues or complaints with this system at all. Maybe we were lucky, but we found it to be the best

9. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

I for one can't fully commit to 48 hours and love the schedule currently set up. Part of why I looked forward to the league so much.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

I would support either (straight 72 or target 48 plus extra 24). I will usually play within 24 hours, but understand that not everyone likes to move at that pace. I think that setting 48 hours as the goal is a good approach with an extra 24 hours when needed. I know that getting in a H2H game inside of 48 hours can be tough.

I think the key here is to recognize that we're all doing this together. With that, if you know that you're going to need the extra day, it's very helpful to make that known. That prevents the situation where someone goes out of their way to make the 48 when they didn't know they might have had an extra 24 because someone knew they would need 72.

I do like the schedule that Archie had for season 1, but it starts to break down when we finish a week early. I think that this system should better suit our pace and still provide a hardline advance target. It also helps with the Saturday to Wednesday scenario when we (potentially) get a 4-day advance.

11. Big D

Big D Walk On

Then we go with the 3 day advance. Just makes everything so much simpler IMO than having set days.

12. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Whichever... I just know coming up I've got some traveling to do with work and a tighter advance will be tough. Japan, Cali, Pennsylvania, and Michigan all within the next 4 months for a decent amount of time. As long as we make it standard that's all that matters.

13. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Yea I like having the 3 day schedule ....it's gives me the option to take a little longer because of my work schedule. Although I'm usually top 3-5 finished. There's just always a chance that I'll be to tired to stay up and play at 7 am sometimes

14. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

3 days it is. I'll make the changes to the league description. We advance whenever we go 12/12, with a three day max.

makes next advance Sunday night, right?

15. Goose

Goose Walk On

Wouldn't it be Monday night?

16. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Correct.