Advance to Offseason - Season 3

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by bravejaf, Nov 18, 2010.

1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

We are now on the Players Leaving Stage.

Rules for that stage

A player will not be allowed to attempt to sway a player from the pro draft if he:
    - is > 95 OVR
    - is a JR that has won the Heisman
    - is a JR or SO(RS) and has won a major award (Thorpe, Maxwell, Biletnikoff, etc) and is > 90 OVR

With that said there are 3 players who cannot be swayed back

Ohio State - Jamal Berry 95+ overall

Penn State - Evan Lewis 90+ and a major award

Texas - Chris Whaley 90+ and a major award

Also Perry is going to be ecstatic when he sees the transfer his school landed. USC running back DJ Morgan is moving to the conference rival. I'm also picking up a true freshman free safety from Tennessee that looks pretty good, filling my only open spot if I sign this JUCO guard. Nebraska is in line to land several players from Oklahoma unless Twist sways them back.

I'd like to advance again tonight around 9 PM or 10 PM EST so lets knock this stage out real quick.

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Ohio State likely loses Berry (unless we vote on the rule change) but CJ Barnett and Chris Fields will be back. I wasn't going to sway back any players since I had 23 juniors this season, but Fields and Barnett were too important to lose. Barnett was the leader in the secondary after moving from safety to cornerback. Lack of depth at that position make him an important player for next season. Chris Fields was the Buckeyes' receiving leader before going down in week 8 with an injury. He still led OSU in almost all receiving categories.

The loss of Berry opens up a 2nd scholarship for OSU in the offseason but that will be filled by a free safety transfer from Tennessee.

3. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Holy shnikes! That guy is awesome

4. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

FSU loses junior WR Christian Green (84 OVR), who for some reason decided he's ready for the pro's after catching about 30 passes this year as a #3 WR. Oh well, he would have been a starter, but now someone else needs to step up.

Brave, I think I forgot to mark 'ready to advance' but I am done.

BTW - Nebraska better keep an eye on their number of recruits, they are picking up 4 incoming transfers, including 2 potentially from Big 12 rival OU....

5. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

6. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I am ready to advance, no one is leaving WSU early or transfering

7. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

After you finish swaying players make sure you search for incoming transfers. This could impact your number of scholarships available and I don't plan on stopping at transfers stage. Also if you have a player transferring to another school but sway him back, make sure you note that here.

Also if you lose players early, please post here. This impacts the scholarship numbers as well.

Ohio State - loses 1 player early (Berry) and picks up 1 transfer

8. Vandermint

Vandermint Walk On

I'll look when I get home from work.

9. Dru50

FSU is back to a 6 star program, here's hoping there are some new WR recruits in the offseason...

10. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Uh, is anyone else having problems getting it to save?

11. Twister18

I have lost RB Clay and CB Lynn to the draft (ungrateful basturds) but I have talked all my transfers into staying if it allows me to save it. I lose those transfers and I am fubared big time.

12. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

How many transfers did you have that tried going to Nebraska?

13. Dru50

Twist, try swaying back the guys going pro first, back all the way out and then go back in and see if it works. If it does, then try the transfers. When this happened to me before I couldn't sway back the transfers due to a glitch. You may be fubar, sorry man.

14. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

I will check mine out as soon as I get home around 6pm cst. How do you check transfers that are coming to your school before the transfer stage?

15. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I am ready to go. I lose Lewis to the pros, but I was pretty deep at that position so I should be okay....for 1 year.

16. Dru50

If you cycle to 'All Teams' you can look at the transfers out for each school and where they are going.

17. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Just go to the screen that lists all teams and then change the sort to the column that shows status (Graduation, Pro Draft, Transfer).

18. Twister18

I am severely screwed. My 85 So QB was to be my starting QB. My 87 so RT was to be my starting RT next season. The 73 FB I could care less. I am so f@#king pissed right now

19. Dru50

that blows twist, I've seen this glitch hit 3 people in 3 ODs before and there isn't a fix that I'm aware of. It doesn't even hit all transfers, just some teams seemingly at random.

20. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

cool, thanks. I'll check it when i get home this afternoon

21. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

22. Dru50

There were very few transfers compared to most years, and I think the only user teams having guys transferring in were Nebraska, OSU and UCLA.

23. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Twist may be out for blood when Nebraska and Oklahoma meet in season 5, especially with that QB.

24. Twister18

Redhead, you are a quality dude but there will be headhunting ala Perry style. ;)

25. Twister18

Brave is there a way to throw out my results or if I retire from the dynasty and you send me another invite, will that screw things up?