Advance to Week 13 - Season 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bravejaf, Aug 7, 2011.

1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Welcome to Week 13!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Ole Miss Rebels (3-6) ===============
    Last week, Ole Miss won 35-10 against Louisiana Tech (2-7).
    This week, the Rebels will host #2 LSU (9-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Ole Miss targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB Zac Wilkinson has committed to Virginia Tech
    - (****) CB Jason Sanders has committed to Virginia Tech

=============== #14 Georgia Bulldogs (8-3) ===============
    Last week, Georgia won 30-19 against Auburn (4-6).
    This week, the Bulldogs will host Kentucky (4-6).
    In recruiting news, the following Georgia targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LT Brett Rooney has committed to Georgia
    - (***) TE Brandon Hampton has committed to Georgia

=============== #16 Iowa Hawkeyes (7-3) ===============
    Last week, Iowa won 20-13 against Michigan State (6-4).
    This week, the Hawkeyes travel to West Lafayette to face the Purdue Boilermakers (3-7).
    In recruiting news, the following Iowa targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Ray Treangen has committed to Tennessee
    - (***) FS Kevin Sims has committed to TCU
    - (*****) WR Carl Owen has committed to Ohio State

=============== #6 Michigan Wolverines (9-1) ===============
    Last week, Michigan won 28-21 against Illinois (6-3).
    This week, the Wolverines travel to Lincoln to face the Nebraska Cornhuskers (6-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Isaac Timmons has committed to Michigan
    - (***) WR Phil Dunn has committed to Michigan

=============== #13 Ohio State Buckeyes (7-3) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State won 49-28 against Purdue (3-7).
    This week, the Buckeyes will host Penn State (7-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) WR Carl Owen has committed to Ohio State

=============== #2 LSU Tigers (9-1) ===============
    Last week, LSU won 38-19 against BYU (3-6).
    This week, the Tigers travel to Oxford to face the Ole Miss Rebels (3-6).
    In recruiting news, the following LSU targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LOLB Rod Cannon has committed to LSU

=============== #8 Oregon Ducks (8-2) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 27-3 against Stanford (5-4).
    This week, the Ducks will host Utah (7-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) TE Kyle Washington has committed to Penn State
    - (***) TE John Williams has committed to Cal

=============== #20 Oregon State Beavers (8-2) ===============
    Last week, Oregon State won 42-23 against Cal (3-6).
    This week, the Beavers travel to Seattle to face the Washington Huskies (6-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) WR Dustin Jones has committed to Oregon State
    - (***) WR Kevin Whitlock has committed to Oregon State

=============== #4 USC Trojans (9-1) ===============
    Last week, USC won 35-7 against Washington (6-4).
    This week, the Trojans will host #17 Alabama (7-3).

=============== #21 Florida Gators (8-3) ===============
    Last week, Florida lost 34-6 against South Carolina (7-3).
    This week, the Gators are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Florida targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LG Michael Allen has committed to Auburn

=============== #3 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (10-1) ===============
    Last week, Notre Dame won 28-17 against Northwestern (3-7).
    This week, the Fighting Irish are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Notre Dame targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Travis Davis has committed to Wisconsin

=============== Washington Huskies (6-4) ===============
    Last week, Washington lost 35-7 against USC (9-1).
    This week, the Huskies will host #20 Oregon State (8-2).

2. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

If I win this game I'm treating the team to Dairy Queen.

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

HovaTheGodMC - my game is showing a restart. I accidentally started the game with the wrong playbook. I sent a message to KillerNuts before I even started the game. I was also in party with Twister18, Papa Perry and Hellisan at that time. It didn't load my custom playbook since I loaded the game with your GT.

4. Wick36

Ya, it was 0-0 in pregame.

5. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

I have a feeling you'll be having a reDQlous post game fiesta

• Like Like x 1
  6. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

That sounds like an excuse for you to go to Dairy Queen, not a reward for your team. Grab dad a buster bar.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Official down in Oxford. Ole Miss drops a much needed one 16-10. Looks like I'm bound for 2* next season, haha. Defensive battle here. GG KillerNuts. I'll post more in the game summary section, but I just couldn't get into a groove offensively. He did a good job mixing up his coverages was a monster usering the DL. Tons of sacks/pressure.

8. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

USC vs. Alabama

Alabama came to Los Angeles without recently fired head coach T-Bird and it showed early.

USC would come out on there second drive of the game, and after 14 plays had 4th and 6 at the Alabama 11 yard line and pulled out the trickoration for a nice Fake FG Pass, Scroggins to Morgan for the early 7-0 lead.

After forcing Alabama to punt, USC would drive down again and Marc Tyler would add to his impressive TD total for the season with another, straight up the gut from 7 yards out to give USC the 14-0 lead.

USC received the ball to start the 2nd half and made a statement on the kick, with Nickell Robey taking the KO 95 yards for the TD and the 21-0 lead.

Alabama would begin to mount a comeback and had upset on there mind? After two quick TD's and a fumble recovery, Alabama had a chance to tie the game at 21 and decided to go for it on 4th and 6 inside the USC 20 when the pass was swatted down.

USC would drive down and take the 24-14 lead on a FG. On the next set of towns, Tuopo, who is having a monster season, forced his 6th fumble of the year to seal the deal.

A final Marc Tyler TD would make it 31-14 and that would be the final.

Next week, USC travels to cross town rival UCLA for there final regular season game and warm up to the first ever Pac-12 Championship.

9. Wick36

He went with the banana split.

[​IMG]

LSU - 16
    Ole Miss - 10

This game was certainly a defensive battle, with a combined 340 yards of total offense. Just like every game I play, this one kind of runs together in my memory, so I will do the best I can, lol. At the beginning of the game, Ole Miss was able to move the ball pretty well. Bolden was able to pick up some good yards on the ground and Mackey was completing passes. As the game went on, LSU started flowing to the ball quicker and lined up in better pass coverages. The defensive line did very well in the pass rush, allowing more defenders to stay back in coverage. LSU had a tough time stringing together drives. They would have a bit of success, but then the drive would stall and the Tigers would have to kick a field goal or punt.

Perhaps the most important series of the game came after a Mettenberger interception. Ole Miss got it inside of the 5, but LSU was able to hold the Rebels to a field goal. Both sides got 3 interceptions. I got picked off throwing deep twice (Where I thought I had the guy beat, but the Ole Miss defenders made nice plays - I need to practice my user catch in some ranked so I get comfortable enough to use it in user games), and a curl where the defender made another good play. Two of mine came at the end of the game, and I don't remember where the first one was.

Not much else to say... it was a rather uneventful game, except for the play where Ole Miss had that 44 yard bomb.

GG Peench

10. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oregon starts of slow but turns on the jets in the 2nd half. Darron Thomas had the best game of the season this afternoon. He completed 19 of 24 passes for 181 yards with 4 TDs. He also added 71 yards on the ground and 1 TD. The Ducks used the passing game a little more today because LaMichael James went down early in the 2nd quarter and would not return until the 4th. Kenjon Barner filled in with 19 carries for 82 yards and 2 TDs.

Key Stats:

Darron Thomas - 19 for 24 181 yards 4 TDs 5 carriers 71 yards 1 TD
    Kenjon Barner - 19 carries 82 yards 2 TDs
    Rashaan Vaughn - 2 catches 22 yards 2 TDs
    Taylor Hart - 3 tackles 2 TFLs 1.5 sacks
    Terrell Turner - 1 tackle 1 TFL 1 FR 1 TD

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Highlights

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Penn St 21
    #13 Ohio State 38

The Buckeyes started off in a 14-0 hole in front of a stunned Horseshoe crowd, as Penn State was able to easily move the ball down the field and the defensive line controlled the game. The Buckeyes got some big plays in their third drive and scored quickly to cut the lead to 7. Penn St decided to go to the option game on its third possession and backup QB Bolden was blasted and fumbled the ball. That deflated all momentum they had built up and the game went downhill for them from there. Boom Herron rushed for 133 yards and 4 TD.

12. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Georgia 31
    Kentucky 14

Georgia struggled at the start of this game and Kentucky almost had a 2 TD lead. The Wildcats struck first with a passing TD from Newton. In the second quarter Thomas fumbled a run play and Kentucky scooped the ball. The defender ran for a long TD. Coach Brave threw out the challenge flag. The replays showed Thomas was down before the ball popped out. Georgia gained momentum from this overturned call and finally got in the end zone. FB Ogletree punched in the TD from a yard out. After a defensive stop Georgia's offense took the field. Murray hooked up with TE Charles for a 28-yard TD to give Georgia its first lead of the game. The score would remain 14-7 until the 4th quarter. The Wildcats tied the game at 14 after a a short score by HB Jones. Georgia regained the lead on the following drive. Thomas scored the rush TD from 6 yards. The defense would hold and the offense added 10 points at the end of the game.

Thomas was once again a work horse with 26 carries for 113 yards, including 2 rushing touchdowns. His backup Malcome added 53 yards on the groung. The backs made up for another sub par performance by QB Murray. The redshirt sophomore has been shaky in the past few games. Against Kentucky he completed just 12 of 24 passes, including 2 more picks. The Georgia defense was solid, led by defensive end Tyson with 2 more sacks. He now has 14.5 sacks on the season. The defense also got 2 interceptions from Newton. Cummings and Robinson were the recipients on those picks.

Off. Player of the Game - 26 carries 113 yards 2 TD; 1 reception 8 yards

Def. Player of the Game - 4 tackles (4 solo) 2 tackles for loss 2 sacks

13. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

[​IMG]

#16 Iowa 23
    Purdue 18

With the Hawkeyes down 18-17 with no timeouts left and back to back sacks they were left in third and who knows how many. Running the hurry up with under 15 seconds QB James Vandenberg takes the snap and makes his second completion of the game to WR Marvin McNutt who finally didn't get bumped and blew by his defender for a 92 yard game winning TD. Vandenberg was sacked six times and threw 3 INT in the snow, the last on a two point conversion attempt after the go ahead TD that almost got ran back.

http://www.easports.com/dynasty?_us...3353&dynid=330100&sku=512A0001&sid=0&wknum=12

14. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Damnit purdue

15. Hova

Michigan 19
    Nebraska 22

Well Michigan's season is officially over after Denard SUCKS BALLS Robinson throws this game away. He fumbled 4 times, gets hurts 4 different times and throws 2 INTs. Nebraska scored twice picking up denards fumbles to the house. He is complete GARBAGE and will never see the field for the wolverines again. Thanks to trash Robinson all hopes of a BCS bowl are pry gone and the Big Ten picture is officially over. Hova has benched this excuse for a QB and Robinson will not be playing for the rest of the season.

16. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Such a thoughtful and well written recap Hova :) Now, just to make it clear, you think Denard is just :doodie: and he is benched forever?

Tough loss to take for sure and it looked like you were in line to get an at-large to the sugar bowl.

17. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Does this mean we can leave the sliders alone for next season?

18. Wick36

Hopefully not. :)

That's how I feel about Jordan Jefferson... but I keep putting him back in for some reason...

19. Hova

I lost because denard sucks, he fumbled 4 times and they scored 14 points off it. My defense woulda only gave up 7 points.

20. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Well I almost lost to Kentucky and my starting tailback averaged like 4.0 ypc. I don't see a problem with the CPU defense at this point. The only problem I see with sliders for interceptions are high on both sides. Every DB is Jerry Rice in this game.

21. Hova

The passing game is atrocious and I think its because of the coverage tendency, I really hope the patch beats us to the end of season 1

22. FacePlant City

FacePlant City FacePlant City

What passing game?

23. Hova

Is it just me or does the CPU always call zone?

24. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

Except for Iowa's DB's they drop picks like its going out of style.

25. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

I acutally don't feel like the passing game is that bad. Then again, I pass way less than I run to begin with (188 passes to 302 rushes (this does not include the 78 rushes by Matt Barkley which, must include sacks because he has 78 rushes for 89 yards)). So I am at about a 60/40 split in that area.