Advance to Week #2 Recruiting

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Emmdotfrisk, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Advance to Week #2 Recruiting

We have now advanced to Week #2 recruiting. The recruiting numbers are below. The Next Advance: Thursday, January 29th 11:59 pm CST

Recruiting

We recognize that players have a significant recruiting advantage over the CPU, and we have established a few rules in an attempt to preserve some kind of balance.

Offering more scholarships/signing more than that number is penalized with the following outline.

1st offense: Must cut your top recruit for every scholarship in excess
    2nd offense: Must cut your top recruit for every scholarship in excess and lose those scholarships for the following season
    3rd offense: Must cut your top recruit for every scholarship in excess and lose 50% of scholarships for the following season
    4th offense: Kicked from the league

1. Players must limit each year's class based off the following formula:

A = number of seniors on your team that will graduate (If you happen to redshirt a Senior)
    B = 70 - current amount of players currently on roster
    C = players transferring or leaving early for draft in offseason

A + B + (C, if necessary) = total number of available scholarships.

2. Recruiting Restrictions

5* - Five (5) Commits
    4* - Fifteen (15) Commits
    3* - No Limit
    2* - No Limit
    1* - No Limit

Note: Committed players count against your scholarship limit.

2010 RECRUITING NUMBERS

TEAM TOTAL PLAYERS TOTAL SCHOLARSHIPS COMMITS SCHOLARSHIPS LEFT :5stars: COMMITS
    TEXAS 56 14 10 4 5
    USF 55 15 7 8 0
    BAMA 47 23 8 15 2
    BAYLOR 51 19 4 15 0
    BC 55 15 3 12 0
    CINCY 52 18 5 13 0
    IA ST 53 17 14 3 0
    LSU 51 19 6 13 4
    MIAMI 55 15 7 8 1
    NOTRE DAME 54 16 7 9 0
    OHIO ST 54 16 7 9 1
    PENN ST 51 19 14 5 2

** REMEMBER: There is a :5stars: cap rule of 5 total. Also Promises are allowed. If you have any questions let me know.

2. Emmdotfrisk

Bump....added the rules to the post.

3. luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s Walk On

when I took this team over, they already had signed a bunch of people that we dont need...what if the computer already signed shitty guys that you dont want.....I'm not happy with the quarterbacks they had for me...so I am still going for a QB that suits my playing style....why should I be punished,because the team I took over already chose such shitty recruits? I hope there is some leeway on these totals....I'm trying to replicate Penn States current recruiting class....I'm gonna go over my limit, I'm pretty sure.....I never understood recruiting restrictions.....in real life, teams go for as many great guys as they can get.,i see what your trying to do...to keep the cpu teams competitive,....but at the end of the day....shouldnt we cater to the actual players in the OD....thats who is playing in the end...the cpu doesnt care who they get

4. Emmdotfrisk

First of all Luv we are all in the same boat. We all had the opportunity to stay with our original schools but as you can see only three guys decided to stay. As for being penalized, that might not be the right word. We are all taking over schools that were CPU controlled. Honestly I think you are one of the more fortunate ones becuase your team finished #2 with 1 loss. My team only won 4 games, didn't make a bowl, and when I looked at the commits they were 2 stars and 1 stars. Obviously I wasn't happy but thats what I expected from the CPU.

You are certainly entilted to do so but you have to stay within the recruiting rules. Like I said, we all have the same standards. When we get to player cuts I will let you cut all the recruits you dont want and those will be added to your scholarship total for the next season, that goes for everyone else and it is in the rules.

If you go over the limit then you will have to face disciplinary action of the rules. This just isn't my rule. This is a TF wide rule.

I understand what you are saying but EA sports made CPU recruiting so terrible. Like you said Penn st recruited a bunch of douchers. Imagine a 3 star team in a BCS conference? If we didn't have recruiting limits the league would become so top heavy that the game wouldn't even be fun anymore. We would beat teams 50-0 with ease. That isn't fun to me. Also if we let everyone recruit as many guys as they wanted everyone would end up cutting 40-50% of the recruiting class to have a 70 man roster. As for the 5 star limit that is in place to put everyone on a realistic recruiting field. EA made it so Florida, Texas, and Notre Dame can get any recruits they want. Doesn't matter what star they are. Ask Thievaryx. In Gridiron Gladiators he got like 13 5 stars with Notre Dame while everyone else got 2 or 3......and we were all 5 or 6 star teams.

We do cater to actual players in the league. That's what TF is all about. If someone wanted to get 20 5 stars every year and beat the CPU by 60 every game then they could easily do that on an offline dynasty. We are all here for a little friendly competition and the rules set in place are to ensure that happens.

If you or anybody else has any questions you can certainly ask me or Drifterbub and HackGolfer can explain more in depth.

5. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Well said Frisk

Iowa State is done recruiting this week

6. jca312

jca312 Walk On

LSU ready

7. luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s Walk On

I wasnt asking for special rules...i was hoping that since we are all in the same boat...that the rules could be compromised a bit...since in real life when a coach takes over a team...and there are already kids on the roster that wont suit the new regime....they either get cut, or transfer.....I would still cut my shizball players to stay at the appropriate numbers.....and purging a few craphole players wouldnt hurt the other teams.....and for the record...I picked PSU cuz thats my favorite team...I had no idea they were #2...for example....what if i can recruit a better player, that can replace an underclassmen already on my squad....even though they arent graduating....I just dont understand why I can't make my squad better, and still stay under the 70 limit.....I just wanna play with the real players....I intend to change all my recruits to the real names of the 2010 penn state recruiting class....they have two qbs in this years class, who have good speed....the computer has seen fit to recruit two plodding dipshit qbs....they dont fit my criteria of what i'm looking for....I definitely understand why the restrictions are in place....but I'm not going after a huge amount of 5***** recruits....just want my recruits to match the real-life recruits.....thats all

8. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Luvtotha9s>

If you are really that worried about not having the players you want, I'll trade teams with you. I am used to playing with teams that the players don't fit my style.

9. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Luv, I don't know what kind of player you are as far as skill is concerned, but I believe you won't have too many problems with PSU over the next 2-3 years with their current roster. They have great young talent. I understand your concern, but that does not change the rules that were set in place when you signed on here at TF. You still have a few recruits left until you reach your limit, so make the best of them. I'd love to say there was a year I was recruiting that I got every single one of my targets, but there wasn't, and there never will be. That is the beauty of it. If you don't want those players after they sign, cut them when it comes time. It will leave you even more space for a great class next year. What is funny, I have had many 3* players out grow and out perform 5* talent. Definitely different than last year. Take your lumps like the rest of us. I ran with Baylor while RS Griffin. I knew it was going to be a long season. Ask anybody I played with the Bears, it was close the whole game. Would Griffin have made a difference? Who knows, we will find out this year.

Mike

10. luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s Walk On

I know i wont have trouble....thats not what i'm concerned with.....my roster is great....i just wanted my recruiting class to be the same as real life.....i like to play with as realistic rosters as possible...hence why i make rosters....i need to play the game with the same dudes that play every saturday......I'll thrive...i'm not worried about that....no worries.....I just hate being handcuffed

11. Emmdotfrisk

We are about done with week #2. Here's whose left.

Cadepetty247
    BAKEdaSNAKE
    CoachSaban1221

Once they recruit I will advance to week #3.

12. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

Coachsaban posted that he is gonna be gone all weekend... I hope he left his PSN login for someone so he doesnt miss out on recruiting

13. Emmdotfrisk

I have it

14. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

I wouldn't have trusted a guy from the south... :)

15. Emmdotfrisk

haha lucky for saban he is in the heart of the south. ALABAMA

16. BAKEdaSNAKE

BAKEdaSNAKE Walk On

Will get mine in when i get off work, should be done by 4.

17. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

bout to do mine now

18. BAKEdaSNAKE

BAKEdaSNAKE Walk On

done with mine now

19. Emmdotfrisk

are you the last one Bake?

20. BAKEdaSNAKE

BAKEdaSNAKE Walk On

yup i think so

21. Emmdotfrisk

Ok I will be advancing in the next 30 mins