Advance to week 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bcduggan, May 6, 2010.

1. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Advance to week 2

I did advance to week 2.

However it screwed up 2 teams.

UNLV and Memphis both won week 1, but game gave them both losses.

I don't know what the problem is. The first time I tried to advance tonight it timed me out. It happened on second time I tried to advance. I exited dynasty and reentered.

Should we try this again? I would rather not because it would make a week to get to week 2 in dynasty.

I can carry a win over for both schools, esp if it affects bowl eligibilty and winning season.

I leave it up to you guys.

If we continue from here, advance will be Sunday night 9pm central.

2. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Hmmm...really sounds like someone is saving the dynasty...i really dont know what to do. What happens if we play week 2 and it still happens? quite the predicament...

3. onaradio34

damn...it jacked my recruiting all up too.

4. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

If you have a copy of this dynasty saved, please delete it. I know I said it before but I just want to make sure that's not the issue.

Thanks

5. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

Probably been said a million times, but this pisses me off. Has EA ever released a statement about why this happens?

I don't save any dynasties anymore, it doesnt take that long to load. But I am in a dynasty with only 5 guys and I know most of us used to save every week because we had mess ups in 09 and thought it was a good idea - we went through 8 seasons in '10 saving every week and without any screw ups except for one week in the offseason at the players leaving stage.

6. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

From my understanding of what people said in CoC on here, don't save it after it loads. That's where the problem lies.

7. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

That is the problem. In every dynasty where everyone agrees not to save it their is no problem. I think you should go look at guys' recruiting pitches because that's the only reason people save the OD.

Sucks for me because I wanted to try to win a Natty (hopefully). This ish really kills my motivation...:(

8. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

I guess that's what I was questioning. I haven't saved since the last screw up a month or so ago - dont remember if it was X3B or Evo - and people said it was becuase of the save.

- I brought up the other dynsaty because we always saved [until I told them not to] and we didnt have any problems in 8 seasons [except once]. The only explanation I could think of was either crazy crazy dumb luck or becuase it is a smaller dynasty with only 5 teams.

- I am skeptical that it is really the save issue - we all agreed not to do that didn't we? And wouldn't we have all learned our lesson by now?

9. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Big Bear> The first time may have been a save issue. The second time the way it was transferring, it may not have been a save issue. Weather has been goofy here where I live this week so and my cable has been screwy. I know if the weather is goofy it affects my internet.

10. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

I'm not going to be able to get my stuff in til monday afternoon so if u need to advance go ahead no biggie

11. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I haven't had a chance to do mine either, and tomorrow isn't looking good. It's wife's first mother's day without her mom. Will hold advance off till Monday night.

12. kentuckywildcat_

kentuckywildcat_ Walk On

I guess I'll be the jerk. I've never been in a dynasty when something gets so screwed up. The only reason to save offline is if you want to cheat on recruiting and I hope nobody wants to do that.

Somehow I lost all my recruiting from the first week. I had no game but I got my recruiting in and none of my scholly offers registered.

How do we fix this?

13. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Kentuckywildcat_>

The only way I know to fix this is to redo week 1 again.

14. onaradio34

youre not being a jerk...my recruiting did the same thing and it is aggravating especially in week 1. Its hard to take when you think saving might be the reason. now that i think about it though i doubt it is. we will probably never even see these recruits hit the field before 11 comes out so playing the dynasty offline gains nothing.

15. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

My recrutiing didnt take for week 1 either.

I thought we were talking about saving the OD - i.e. so we don't have to load the 1%, 2%, 3% etc... ? If you're talking about saving offline then, yeah that doesn't make any sense, there is no need to do that. Can I go back to saving the OD to avoid load time?

16. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

When CoC had the issue it was brought up about saving and when to save. They also talked about EA Servers being bad. I do know if you save when you first enter the dynasty when prompted to save it can and will lead to issues.

http://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14797