Advance to week 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by trutest, Sep 12, 2009.

1. trutest

trutest Walk On

Advance to week 3

Hey commish, what time will the advance be done tonight so I can try n be on for my next wk game

thnx

2. trutest

trutest Walk On

bump

my wk3 opponent is on and rdy but we are unable to play

3. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

Yea - Thought we agreed on Wed - Sat hard advances?

This league will lose interest if we dont get something set up... it's just DRAAGGING on as it is...

4. trutest

trutest Walk On

we can offer to help and pitch in where needed if anyone has xtra time.

Six, I sent you an email cause ur private msg box is full. Check it out when you get a chance.

5. trutest

trutest Walk On

Week 2 unplayed games

Bengals vs Packers - no response from Bengals (Packers posted on Thursday the 10th)

Rams vs Redskins - no post from either party

Panthers vs Falcons - No response from Falcons
    (Panthers posted on Thursday the 10th)

Seahawks vs 49ers - No response from 49ers
    (Seahawks posted on Tuesday the 8th)

Colts vs Dolphins - no post from either party

maybe some of you received a response through private msgs, I don't know. Pls post here and give us an update

6. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

I'd be MORE than Willing to help out. Tell me what to do and i'll do it!

7. Sixthdis108

Sixthdis108 Walk On

Alright guys once again I apologize, I officially have the internet back in my home and will be on regularly again. Moving in we ran into complications and couldn't get until Sunday. We should be advanced to week 3 and on Weds we will go to week 4.

8. trutest

trutest Walk On

so where do we go from here? The teams that didn't respond automatically get the loss? How would you ensure that they get the win, is it possible?

9. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

You'd have to either sim the game and let fate decide - or kick the user that hasn't responded so that the user that has responded can play the CPU.

10. trutest

trutest Walk On

If fate decides then we will have some angry owners. Its not fair for them to get the loss when they tried to schedule their game

If they are to play the CPU, then I think giving them a 24hr advanced notice is sufficient.

They have a whole day to play CPU, get the win, and advance isn't delayed.

11. trutest

trutest Walk On

this will keep happening over n over unless we stick to some sort of plan

How about this...

Advance is every Wed n Sat.

Every Tues night, if the game is not scheduled then the owner responsible for NOT scheduling gets kicked out of the franchise. The other owner gets to play the CPU before advance so there are no delays. The owner that was booted will be looked into and it will be determined whether or not he should be allowed back in the league.

There will be times where schedules will conflict, nothing we can do about that. This is for those owners that fail to schedule with their opponent.

Same goes for Every Friday night before Saturday advance.

I'm assuming people will be able to play the CPU with 24hrs notice on advance day.

Just a thought

12. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

Or - You plan to advance saturday night... make it a set time as in.... say 11:00 or 12:00. If they dont have the game played then at 11:00 whichever owner is on can play the cpu. If not then the default play time will be that set advance time.

So if owners cant figure out a time then they can play at the advance time - if one shows and the other doesnt then tough.

13. ThaEra25

ThaEra25 Oregon=Longhorn Country

I agree with jersey here. The Falcons and I did "play" we got disconnect on his end in the 3rd quarter of the game. The problem was being that I had to schedule this game because I had a dinner and a movie date with my wife so I didnt have time to restart. We both agreed to just let the league sim the game because our schedules were a little hectic and we didnt wanna hold up the advance. I hope this is fine.

14. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

I'm one of the owners who put in the time and didnt get to play. but I wont be mad, unless we sim and I lose a player to a sim injury that I cant control. however i understand that if we keep waiting to decide and the advance keeps waiting then week 3 is getting screwed, and all the guys who would play week 3 today are losing a weekend day, and in finitum, it keeps happening. better to screw 4 of us this week and get back on schedule. although if someone set the 49ers to CPU I would play right now before the 4:15 EST NFL kickoff and be done. cant speak for the other owners who posted and never got a reply.

15. trutest

trutest Walk On

And who doesntvwant to play some madden football on football Sunday...

Especially those that control the teams they like in real life

16. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

I vote for Thursday and Sunday nights but same difference I guess.

17. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

along with this, can we get timely responses on trades? i mean me & castor submitted a trade on Wednesday, and its Sunday and havent gotten a 100% response, but i'm assuming b/c there are i'm guessing 3 yes's we can complete this trade?

18. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

please - advance... after that shit with the bengals I need to play madden to wash that shit taste out of my mouth

19. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

That was the most incredible play I've ever seen. I was lucky enough to see it live because the Jax-Indy game ended early and they went to the end of that game...wow...that hurts.

20. trutest

trutest Walk On

Advance days are fine as they are. We need football on "Football Sundays"

21. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

No... It was not the most incredible play... it was bullshit and will no longer be spoken of.

22. JB21

JB21 Walk On

i would second jersey being a cocommish or something so advances can be done on time and it looks like 3 or 4 teams need new owners

23. score23

score23 Walk On

who is the commish now anyways????

24. I was busy all day yesterday and last night. Work, homework, Ohio State game, etc... so I'm sorry about whatever I missed. Sixth is back and we won't need any co-commish. He moved back into school and it's all set up now.

25. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

So............................................................................................................................ whats the plan again?