Advance tonight + Patch 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Mags, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

Advance tonight + Patch 1

All,

The first Madden patch is out for the PS3. Details can be found here: Patch 1 details

We have one more game (karl vs CPU) and then we will advance tonight.

2. Thelou

Thelou Walk On

Might be out of line here, but waiting on a guy to play the CPU? I hope this doesnt become the norm. These should be the first games played one would think.

3. Mags

You aren't out of line. I'd expect the same, or at least some interaction on the forums. I have a feeling we'll be advancing early.

4. Josh

Josh Guest

While I agree waiting an excessive amount of time on one owner might not be the best for the league, I'm kinda numb to some guys' posts about this. I enjoy playing in leagues with ya Lou, but you do this in every league. In the PC leagues, you were always the one to post if the league was an hour overdue on advance asking why it hadn't been advanced yet. Mags seems real good about running things so far, let's let him do his magic. This is the first advance, don't expect miracles right away. I might even be out of line here, but I've bit my tongue longer than I thought I could.

5. Mags

It's all an illusion. :)

Nah, we're always going to have groups of guys on different schedules. Some play early, some wait... it's typical. The tough thing is when you are waiting on a last game and have no clue if it is going to be played or not.

At least with the PS3, I can see who has started or at least tried to play their game.

But otherwise... our delays won't be delayed unless their is a really good reason. Otherwise, we move along when we are supposed to (often earlier).
    (y)

6. scarface

scarface Walk On

There is no miracles in wanting an advance done when it should be done.
    The problem here is the person who refused to follow league rules and play his game in a timely manner against the CPU none the less, There are very few reasons why playing the cpu is not done, (I.E. vacations)
    Playing the CPU can be done WHENEVER you feel like playing over the course of a few days early late day night whenever!!!

You are right Josh Mags does an amazing great job at running MEGA, shouldnt EVERY owner here have damn courtesy to do whats expected in a timely manner? like playing the CPU?!?!

We at MEGA used to play 3 games a week none VS the CPU for YEARS, so I dont want to ever bullshit as to why a game against the CPU is late or was not played.

7. Mags

Again though, it was in the normal timeframe. It's not like we were past an advance, so I don't have an issue with it.

Just because you think a CPU game 'should' be played early, doesn't mean it will be. As for anything else, we aren't held up in any way. If nothing else, we advanced early last night.

8. hoytpower

hoytpower Walk On

I was under the impression that if we had a Sun/Thurs advance we would have sun - wed to play 1st week and thurs - sat to play the 2nd game. I have plenty of other things to do on weekends than wait and see if a guy will show to play a game. Special circumstances I understand and will try to schedule a time if possible with an opponent if that's the only time he's available. But if you say thursday and something comes up and then friday same story I dam sure am not going to wait til saturday for you. I completely understand everyone has a real life besides Madden. You chose to join and were not drafted so don't try the I've got a busy life excuse cause we all do. Have respect for your opponent and the league and things will be just fine. If you got the they can wait for me attitude you'll surely be a short timer. Sorry Maggs (y). Let's play some fucking football. Although someone forgot to tell my team the first 2 weeks. LOL

9. Mags

EEEEEEEeeeeasy everyone... I took it as I would advance the franny on Thursday and Sunday nights (late night)...

So week 1 is Sun night to Thurs Night
    Week 2 is Thurs Night to Sun Night

Figuring I'd probably advance us late on those nights (say midnight, EST / 9:00 PST).

Either way you cut it, we advanced early as the games were in. That allowed some games to be played last night.

We're all good, I don't think there's a problem other than making sure guys who have games unplayed on the last day at least shoot me a note so I can plan on when they are done. Advancing the franny is no big deal, and certainly no work on my part like it was on the PC.

10. Josh

Josh Guest

Yeah, PC advances were hell sometimes.

11. Stykman

Stykman RC & MEGA Historian

(Gentlemen...take the following as a "poke", not a punch)

Just so Lou and Scar don't get all over my shit, I have a Game vs. the CPU to play week 2.

Friday started a Trade Show for me. I was on my feet from 11 AM to 10 PM. Came home, got something to eat, went to bed. Saturday, I got up, got dressed, and returned to said Trade show at 10 AM. Show over at 10 PM Saturday Night. Got home, ate some dinner, went to bed. My feet are killing me. It's now Sunday Morning...Advance tonight. Guess what? I got someone to fill in for me for the Trade Show. Because I have season Tickets to the Eagles...Game at 1. Leaving at 10:30. Dropping wife and son off at In-Laws after the game, so I can Return to Trade Show, and Pack Up Booth, load in car, and return home to eat some dinner (I don't miss that meal) hopefully around 9 PM.

It is at that point in time, I will have an hour to sit down and play my game vs. the CPU.

So, if the advance is Held up to the very last minute because of me? My Life apologizes, and I'll try not to let making any money with my business ever interfere with a Madden League again.

:D

12. Mags

... and I've known about this since Thursday b/c he gave me a heads-up.

(y)

13. Kan

Kan Walk On

Styk is so lazy. God.

Come on Lardass, it's not like you are busy or anything, get your game in!

14. scarface

scarface Walk On

Styk its not things like this that are a problem, real life should come first and you let Mags know whats going on so if asked he at least can give an answer. My problem is with people who cant spare a few minutes to even let mags know whats up.

BTW styk F your Eagles!!!!!!!!

15. bambam

bambam Walk On

I told you, the Pringles shaped dildo isnt going to become a big hit. I would ditch that product unless you are in FL. :D

16. hoytpower

hoytpower Walk On

Trade show huh. Hope you do more there than they do at my company at them. The owner and his buddy ( our VP of sales ) walk around looking for chicks and get nowhere near the sales orders to make it worth the cost to be there.

I have to agree with scar on the F your Eagles though. LOL

17. Mags

That's something we can all agree on. (y)

18. Thelou

Thelou Walk On

My comment about being out of line was directed to Mags and he replied, end of story.

As far as rushing the advance, it was advance day and we we're waiting on a guy to play the CPU that no one heard from. So think what you will. If Mags has a problem with what I have to say, then he will let me know and I will back off. Outside of that you have a good day and mind your business.

19. Thelou

Thelou Walk On

Funny stuff bro.... I enjoyed it and it lightened the mood. But you at least, I know are alive, not to sure about that other guy.

20. scarface

scarface Walk On

You know what after further thinking, FUCK YOU STYK !!! I know your "trade show" is some pussy as EYEtalian necklace with trinkets show, all you fuckers walking around with wife beaters on talking about Rocky and how its "REAL" thinking you fags own the world...
    Fuck you and Hoyt.

21. Stykman

Stykman RC & MEGA Historian

LMAO Guys...Good Stuff.

Keep the nose to the grind stone.

I'll be playing my game, and we'll move to week 3!!

PS...Is KC a Real NFL Team? If anyone watched that game, let me know...how much money did they pay Cassel? When they were down, and had a 3rd and 13...they were RUNNING the ball? Wow.