Advance Tonight? ;-)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by egofailure, Aug 1, 2011.

1. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

It looks like only Goose, 'Dub, Big D, Sox, and Arch' are left to play. Get-er done, baby! This week's BYE is killin' me.

2. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I'll play if the others do, but I'll be late.

3. Big D

Big D Walk On

Cougs (5-0) taking on Stanford (5-0). About to kick off. I've played a bunch of cupcakes so far. . .I'm afraid this early season magic is about to come to an end...lol.

4. bdub

bdub Walk On

Another game another loss but I am done.

5. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

cool nice work boys i just got home from work gona shower and play asap so expect me done in 90 mins or so

• Like Like x 1
  6. egofailure

Looks like you had a tough second half. What happened?

7. bdub

bdub Walk On

Not sure really, seems like I have no problem at all shutting down the CPU offense in the first half. Then in the 2nd half its like I cant stop anything their doing. This game was better though, I executed my offense and made fewer bad throws. I also committed to running the ball more and that helped me control the game better. At this point I need to work on my red zone offense as well as my defense. My crappy play and the fact I have thus far only played one team that was worse than me has really turned this season bad. I am however, loving the challenge and its really forcing me to improve my game.

• Like Like x 1
  8. soxandgators

Just wrapped my game up

9. egofailure

Just waiting on Goose now?

10. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

And me. I'll play in a little while. Little man and I are watching some Jessica Biel at the moment. Quality time.

11. egofailure

Lucky kid(s)! ;-)

12. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I'll be kicking off shortly. Jessica was magical, as usual.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. soxandgators

Derek Jeter has smashed some dimes

14. egofailure

So, um, any chance Archie passed out after a little "private time" with this picture? He still hasn't played his game.

15. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Had to pause it. It was a great game. Lost on a broken tackle Qb scramble. Couldn't do anything right. Balls sailed. Hit guys in the helmet. Drops. It was a nightmare, and Illinois didn't make a single mistake - and I still led with three minutes in the game. Only thing that looked odd was the fact thet the QB threw right through defenders standing in front of receivers running stop and stick routes. When two go for 40+ yards, it gets a little troubling ... that and the helmet thing. I think I had a half dozen open drops in this one, and four or five more where the defender knocked it loose. It just wasn't happening today.

16. egofailure

Little aggravates me more than the passes that hit your oblivious receiver square on the helmet. I've also been screwed by the stick routes, but the comeback routes (with the QB having 15 seconds to throw) are the worst. Oklahoma State murdered me several times with those in our game.

17. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Empty playbook glitch stole all my timeouts, also. Could have used those. I'm going to do some playbook editing.

18. soxandgators

Someone figured out how to avoid the glitch on custom books ?

19. bdub

bdub Walk On

Not sure what I did but I have had zero problems with the book I made for this OD

20. DC

DC Shake n Bake

I have never had the playbill glitch. Not sure why though

21. egofailure

I've had a million PB glitches, but managed to avoid any with my current book. How? Luck. From what I gather, some books are corrupt (or prone to glitches), while others aren't. Try editing a book, save it, and then test it out in Practice Mode. Run at least 10-15 plays. Then edit it a second time and test it again. If there are no blank plays at that point, you're good. After trying about 6-8 books, Washington's worked for me.

Arch', please don't ever waste your time outs because of this. Pause the game, go into roster subs, and then exit it out. It works every time.