Advanced to 2012 Week 8

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by KnightNoles, Nov 1, 2010.

1. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Shoot for Tuesday
    ALL CPU GAMES
    =============== #6 Alabama Crimson Tide (5-1) ===============
    Last week, Alabama won 38-3 against Ole Miss (2-4).
    This week, the Crimson Tide travel to Knoxville to face the Tennessee Volunteers (4-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Alabama targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) CB Marcus Johnson has committed to Alabama
    - (***) CB Nicholas Kent has committed to Alabama
    - (*****) SS Collin Ferguson has committed to Alabama
    - (***) TE Victor Lee has committed to Troy
    - (****) TE Mike Kane has committed to Notre Dame

=============== #17 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (4-2) ===============
    Last week, Notre Dame won 21-14 against Cincinnati (3-2).
    This week, the Fighting Irish travel to Piscataway to face the Rutgers Scarlet Knights (1-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Notre Dame targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) RT Jeremy Raymond has committed to Ohio State
    - (****) C Paul Harris has committed to Penn State
    - (****) CB Jamal Alexander has committed to Notre Dame
    - (****) TE Mike Kane has committed to Notre Dame

=============== #2 Florida Gators (6-0) ===============
    Last week, Florida won 52-49 against South Carolina (4-3).
    This week, the Gators travel to Jacksonville to face the Georgia Bulldogs (4-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Florida targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LOLB Mike Dunlap has committed to Nebraska
    - (****) LT Vince Royal has committed to Florida
    - (*****) WR Herman Adams has committed to Florida

=============== #3 Florida State Seminoles (6-0) ===============
    Last week, Florida State won 56-35 against Virginia Tech (4-2).
    This week, the Seminoles will host Duke (0-6).
    In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LOLB Terry Rollins has committed to Florida State
    - (****) QB Jason Harrell has committed to Wisconsin
    - (*****) SS Collin Ferguson has committed to Alabama
    - (****) DT Brandon Thomas has committed to Florida State

=============== #14 Miami Hurricanes (4-2) ===============
    Last week, Miami won 28-23 against Virginia (3-3).
    This week, the Hurricanes travel to Atlanta to face the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (3-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RT Eric Oliver has committed to Georgia Tech
    - (****) DT J.R. Mosley has committed to Ole Miss
    - (****) LG Gary McIntyre has committed to Boise State
    - (****) RE Willie Hartman has committed to Clemson

=============== Michigan Wolverines (3-2) ===============
    Last week, Michigan won 42-21 against Indiana (3-3).
    This week, the Wolverines will host #13 Michigan State (5-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) QB Jason Harrell has committed to Wisconsin
    - (****) LOLB Bryan Jones has committed to Michigan
    - (****) RE Will Ryan has committed to Wisconsin
    - (****) DT Jason Jones has committed to Ohio State

=============== #8 Nebraska Cornhuskers (4-2) ===============
    Last week, Nebraska won 49-7 against Baylor (3-3).
    This week, the Cornhuskers travel to Manhattan to face the Kansas State Wildcats (3-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Nebraska targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) DT Skip Jackson has committed to USC
    - (****) LE Kevin Taylor has committed to Nebraska
    - (****) CB Anthony Adams has committed to Nebraska

=============== #5 Ohio State Buckeyes (4-1) ===============
    Last week the Buckeyes were idle.
    This week, the Buckeyes travel to Minneapolis to face the Minnesota Golden Gophers (4-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) DT Mark Hall has committed to Boise State
    - (****) DT Jason Jones has committed to Ohio State
    - (*****) RT Jeremy Raymond has committed to Ohio State

=============== #1 Texas Longhorns (5-0) ===============
    Last week, Texas won 33-13 against Missouri (4-2).
    This week, the Longhorns travel to Lubbock to face the Texas Tech Red Raiders (4-2).

=============== #11 USC Trojans (4-2) ===============
    Last week, USC won 38-20 against Stanford (3-3).
    This week, the Trojans travel to Eugene to face the #12 Oregon Ducks (5-1).
    In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) TE Tanner Jones has committed to Oregon State
    - (****) ROLB Gabriel Vaughn has committed to Oklahoma
    - (****) FS Todd Walker has committed to USC
    - (****) DT Skip Jackson has committed to USC

=============== #21 Washington Huskies (4-2) ===============
    Last week, Washington lost 52-41 against Oregon State (3-2).
    This week, the Huskies are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Washington targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Nick Bostic has committed to Oregon State
    - (***) DT J.J. Smith has committed to Washington

=============== #4 West Virginia Mountaineers (5-0) ===============
    Last week, West Virginia won 48-7 against Louisville (2-4).
    This week, the Mountaineers will host #24 USF (4-0).
    In recruiting news, the following West Virginia targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) HB Stan Warren has committed to West Virginia
    - (****) RG Mark Moore has committed to West Virginia
    - (****) SS Kevin Brown has committed to Wisconsin​

2. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

Are we as a league going to snap out of this sleepwalk shit that it seems like we've been in for a couple weeks? It seems like it's only a small group of people posting anything, and some people post once a blue moon. I created a thread trying to get some activity, and had 5 responses and 57 views. Noles created the season team previews thread at the beginning of this season and what maybe 4 people posted to that? Maybe I am missing something because I'm not on xbox every night on the mic?

This is the only dynasty I am in on TF and I have a small dynasty on the side with 1 other person. So this is my #1 gaming priority. Between my work schedule, night classes and the multitude of other shit I do, I make sure to take time to play my game, recruit, and post on here at least about the game results and recruiting updates. It seems like not everyone feels the same way. I realize everyone plays in more than 1 dynasty here (with exception of Juggernaut, I think). Maybe other dynasties have taken priority over this one, I don't know.

Some of this is kind of me thinking out loud, but let's get this back to being an active dynasty (both on the console and online). Maybe I'm making too much of this, but it feels like we've kind of dropped off in terms of content, and that is what made C2C so good when I joined near the end of NCAA10.

3. KnightNoles

yea, everyone needs to get back and get on there game summaries... I would like for them to be written right after the game or the next time you have time at the computer. I know we have picked up the advances a lil bit more but don't neglect the boards...

4. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

You're right about all of it Hippo. I for one was dealing with some family issues and have not got back to speed yet like I said I would. Part of it to me actually is that I am STILL trying to get used to the forums. I haven't posted a summary and my predictions thread has once again went to shit. I'm currently in 3 TF ODs and one non-TF OD. I haven't really posted anything in any of them. Even though I have not shown it this OD is still my #1 priority and will continue to be as long as the group holds together.

I'm also speaking to myself when I say this but we all need to be a little more appreciative of this OD. We are one of the few that hasn't had a hold up because of the file being corrupted or anything like that. I know some of us have had our issues with different things that have happened but I don't see why we can't all step up and make this better than what it is.

5. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I agree that content has dwindled in this league. I have been able to keep up with my summaries and recruiting but any extra work has been difficult. I have been trying to get Trifecta running smoothly, which has become a second job. Now that I have a full group and activity is starting to creep up, I may be able to spend some more time on my other leagues.

6. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

I hope everything with your family is ok Perry.

Yeah, the lack of tables has been rough with these new forums, and I've still got all the user vs user data from Season 2 just sitting here, but I'm holding out on posting it until it can look somewhat decent.

I am just hoping for more discussion and more activity. Just look at the number of C2C members that are commissioners (or have been a commish) of other dynasties here on TF, or admins on the site. It is a sign of the level of talent, responsibility, and leadership that we have here. I'm just hoping we can bring a little more to C2C to make it that much better.

Let's go bitches!
    :thumbsup:

7. KnightNoles

Think this kinda hits it on the head... without table my contributions kinda suck because they look shitty, I could use excel, copy and paste it as an image for tables but it takes a little longer then just having the table code at my disposal... Emm has the C2C award made up but he has to update it and he is busy with a couple of other things.

What do we want to see done though and I can work on somethings and crank it out:

Perry's Predictions, when he cant do those Ill just post WHO YA GOT?

8. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

you are right, I know I have not been the most active, i have my hands full with school, my RMG league, and all the hockey stuff. I will make the commitment to post at least once per day on top of the required posts. Once things calm down a little then I will be able to contribute more.

9. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

There are alot of factors really that have contributed to the lack of action here. All I can say from my end is that I have a league that I'm heading up that requires alot of my attention. I stopped doing in depth write ups because alot of people in this league don't do a write up, or just do a score and a sentence so I kinda got away from doing anything more than everyone else is doing.

As far as my contribution goes to the forum content, I've added content since this leagues inception and this year I just wasn't motivated to do a power poll or anything. Maybe I'll pick it up next season but it would be cool if some of the guys that never really add anything took a couple of seasons to bring a little content to the table....

But either way, I do appreciate the sliders being modified so that running the ball is an option. And I have enjoyed the challenge the last few weeks. Those games have been competitive, and fairly realistic and that's all I ever really ask. I'm looking forward to playing my game tonight.

10. KnightNoles

Reminder get your alls games in today... If you can't let me/us know!! Like to advanced!

11. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Mine will be played this afternoon