Advanced to AFC/NFC Championship

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Advance Saturday afternoon.

Bills and Titans
    Cowboys and Saints

Why don't we get a discussion going and everyone make some picks?

Obviously I don't pick my game but I'll take the Cowboys beating the Saints to head back to the Superbowl.

2. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

Im actually disappointed in the AFC for letting the Bills make it this far. I mean seriously how do you let a team with that many injuries to key players make it this far. But anyway after the impressive win versus the Raiders im gonna go with Titans out of the AFC. I know Rush is gonna pick himself to win and I have guaranteed a couple games this season so Im not stopping now, Saints over Cowboys to reach my first SB in the TMFL.

3. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I've got Bills vs Cowboys in the SB. I really wish I would have made it further this year, it stings a little.

4. Subkontraktor

Subkontraktor Plays with Knives.

Titans vs Saints = my pick

That's who I'm rooting for too. Let's see some parody!

5. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

I just checked the stats from the Bills versus Texans and the Texans had the ball for only 4 minutes @Jmustang1968 what happened? Thats insane I never seen anything like that.

6. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I fumbled the 2nd kick return. then I kept forcing 3rd downs and he was able to keep converting up and down the field on 3rd. His ypc werent that high but it was 2 runs and 3rd and 3 and quick pass beating my coverage. After the fumble, I got behind early and had to abandon my running game. The game also screwed me on a fg. I had another running into the kicker for a first. then it let him run the 1st half down and then score right before half.

7. Keller

He basically got totally fucked.

His first possession was unstoppable until the redzone where he had to settle for 3 but it was a long, demoralizing, time consuming drive. I put together a drive like that of my own but was able to punch it in. On the ensuing kickoff I go for the strip with, of all people, Roscoe Parrish - so with a little Roscoe magic he rips the ball loose and the Bills punch it in quickly 14-3.

The Texans sputter out and the Bills take over. After getting into field goal range - Jmustangs crazy fast field goal block CPU AI (as in John did nothing) roughs the kicker and gives me a free first down when it should have been a field goal. (Had a I known at the time that John was controlling the LB, I would have declined the penalty.)

After it being 21-3 and then the Bills getting the ball at half, well, not much else you can say.

8. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

I am not going to pick in my own game this time.

For the Tians/Bills -- It is hard to pick because I have never played against the Titans nor do I know much about him. But he beat brohud so that means something, and the Bills are banged up with injuries. But even if every starter was hurt from the Bills they would still put up a good fight bc he's that good of a player. Keller still has the talent to make it back to the Super Bowl even with the injuries and I told him that weeks ago when Spiller first went down.

My pick is....

DA Bills

• Like Like x 1
  9. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

Bills vs Cowboys ... Bills win again

10. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

Yeah I'm going rematch But Rush does what the AFC should have and beats up on an injury riddled Bills team.

11. Keller

Rare for you not to pick yourself. A little humility? Maybe Rush has finally turned the corner.

12. Keller

You asshole - I'm supposed to still be an underdog with all the injuries.

Actually Lee Evans went down during the Texans game and my balls went up into my throat. LUCKILY, he walked off the field. Fuck that stupid Gator Cart thing that I've seen way too many times this season - you know, the one where you know you're fucked.

13. Keller

Oh god I would never hear the end of it. I'd rather lose to the Titans, lol.

14. Keller

15. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

Hey, the same goes for you. If I lost to you twice in the Super Bowl I'd hear about that 30 years from now when were out playing golf (and getting your ass kicked) lol.

And I am not on top of my game, so my confidence is not where it should be. So maybe that's why I'm not picking, or maybe I did just turn a corner.

• Like Like x 1
  16. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

17. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

So are we supposed to schedule in here again?

I know you're an earlier bird... so we'd have to talk Friday or Saturday. Friday "should" be doable unless I get tasked to work late although that is not the plan atm...
    Saturday would be open. I have my son on Saturday so Friday is preferred but I do have plans Friday night, later than youd be playing so those shouldnt matter...

I dont get home until 6 usually... EST

18. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Titans vs. Saints

I think the Bills get beat in a close game, and CJ will be the difference. Injuries finally catch up to the Bills and Titans win.

Saints have good momentum. We saw what poor momentum can do in the Giants. I think the Cowboys may not be in top shape, so Saints take advantage on defense to pull away for a win.

:eek:Saints win SB.

19. Keller

Yeah its easiest just to schedule here to keep everyone in the loop.

We can shoot for say 630 on Friday?

20. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

alright that should be good unless work... and i know set a time stick to it yada yada... Our code freeze is tomorrow and its if everything is done which i wont know until tomorrow... were staying late tonight so it should be done... ill obviously know early afternoon tomorrow though. if u dont hear anything than 630 is golden.

i do also have to pick up my dog from his mommy's hehe
    but 630 should be good.

21. Keller

If anything changes just tag me in a post or something - also my contact info is posted in the main forum area if anything changes last minute and you cannot post on the forums.

22. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

23. Keller

Damn straight.

24. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

LOL...why am I the asshole, I'm not the only one who picked you haha.

25. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

On a good note, if you make it to the SB Keller... you get like 2 of your guys back including Mr. Spiller...