Advanced to Bowl Week 2

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Basis4aDay56, Nov 14, 2009.

1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Advanced to Bowl Week 2

Bowl games are here guys! Congratulations to our 2010 Conference Champions:

- ACC: Georgia Tech Yellowjackets
    - Big 10: Michigan Wolverines
    - Big XII: Nebraska Cornhuskers
    - SEC: Florida Gators

There are only two user-user bowl games. One involves rivals JFosh and Bruce. JFosh, find out if Bruce wants to play this one please. Let me know what he says so that I can put him on autopilot if need be. The other is the National Championship game between me and JMill.

Our User Coached Bowl Games

- Holiday Bowl: #17 Oklahoma vs. #11 Oregon
    - Capital One Bowl: #9 LSU vs. #13 Penn State
    - Gator Bowl: Florida State vs. Connecticut
    - Rose Bowl: #4 Michigan vs. #12 Cal
    - Sugar Bowl: #5 Notre Dame vs. #7 Utah
    - Fiesta Bowl: #3 Nebraska vs. #18 USF
    - BCS National Championship: #2 Georgia Tech vs. #1 Florida

Any scheduling stuff stays in this thread please.

Games must be completed by Tuesday at 5pm eastern at the latest.

Good luck!

2. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Congrats to all of our conference champions!

3. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Agree!!

Basis,

You and I are probably have the most flex so I will make this one easy. I have an interview at 1PM Monday. After that, Im free.

Maybe Monday evening or Tuesday day is great

4. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I have three interviews this week myself. Monday at 2, Tuesday is an information session and then an interview after at 7:30pm, and Thursday at 3 but kind of far away.

If we're ready to advance tomorrow during the day, I can play anytime in the evening. Tuesday during the day would work, as would after 9. Wednesday I'm around all day.

5. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Tuesday or Wednesday is the best

6. jfosh

jfosh Super

I spoke with Bruce (LSU) and were going to try and get this game in since its a user game.

I'll keep you all posted.

7. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Cool, thanks JFosh!

8. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

JMill let's shoot for Wednesday afternoon? 2pm eastern?

9. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I am down for the count with the flu. If i feel better soon ill play if not you wont c me.

This stuff is awful.

10. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

I've been swamped the last few days so I kind of lost track of things. Is my bowl game vs Utah this week? Meaning, do I need to jump on and destroy them tonight?

Also, with Bruce being sick he may not remember/be able to do what he was going to do this offseason (I don't even really remember exactly what it was, but I think it was along the lines of trying to coordinate a night where we can all jump on and rip through the offseason). Do we think there's even a remote chance of getting all of us on the same night? I think a Sunday evening might be our best option, but with the Curb finale this Sunday that might not work.

Also, Basis, let's be sure to coordinate so I know exactly when you're going to advance to the offseason (I assume it would be right/soon after the championship game). That will help me get the offseason bonus recruit list up right away to avoid confusion.

11. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Sounds good Dat as far as the coordination for the off-season. It will probably be Wednesday night if you're around. I'll send you a PM. You're game is up, btw. Every game is this week but for the title game.

I'll also try to get the off-season night scheduled. If we can do one stage of off-season per day Wednesday-Saturday, and then finish it all on Sunday, that could cut our time down significantly. I'm going to start a thread.

12. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Sorry about the flu Bruce. Definitely a brutal virus.

I am going to set JFosh up to play the CPU since the advance deadline is 5:00 eastern tomorrow. If you feel up to it you guys can still play it even if you are on auto, but this at least gives him the option to play if you are unable.

13. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Wed at 2 is great Basis. I had a good interview yesterday so if they schedule me for something Wed, I will let you know ASAP so we can move the time up a few hours or down but I doubt it

14. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Cool! Good stuff on the interview... mine went okay, as all the others have, but my lack of experience is something that I feel like is killing me right now, even on these entry level jobs. And then at the same token, if they want people with a little bit more experience, how the FUCK am I supposed to GET more experience if no one will hire me? I am personable and have a strong, confident personality, so that really hasn't been an issue in the interviews.

BTW if we have to move the time for tomorrow, let's move it earlier in the morning rather than later. That way things can get set up for the off-season night.

15. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    What kind of jobs are you interviewing for?

16. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Shit, basically anything at this point. I've interviewed with IT Staffing companies to do recruiting, and then eventually sales, and now I am looking into financial services/planning firms. Also keeping the dream of sports management alive and have an interview with the Mets on Thursday.

17. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Its tough man. I am leaving the Industrial world and going back to Retail management. I have had 2 interviews with Krogers Grocery and others and I will take anything now. 2 months today without work. My going away package ends this week so its down to only unemployment

You have to love when they tell entry level college grad's that they dont have neough experience for entry level jos.

18. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Off Topic:

JMill, is the band Sugarland from Sugarland, TX?