Advanced to conference championship

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bringbackjimmy, Dec 7, 2010.

1. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Next advance Thursday 1159 pm est..

Lsu(recchem) vs Georgia(mexirican)
    Nebraska(mo) vs Texas(nik)
    Clemson(lilMaggie) vs vt(hokie)

With some serious nc title implications on the line..

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

mexi, let me know a good time and day...im available tonight and tomorrow after 8pm. Thursday I have my kids Xmas thing at 7pm PST so that I doubt we could get the game in before the deadline.

3. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Let me know if you need more time for any of the games...

4. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

Clemson defeats Virginia tech in ACC Title game. Clemson came from behind to win their second straight ACC Title. With a crappy record of 7-6, Clemson knocks VT out of the National Title scene. VT dominated the line and Clemson had to throw all game. Clemson took advantage of 3 Hokie turnovers to score the game winner with 24 seconds left. The Tigers faced a 4th and inches from the VT 8 with seconds to go-we went for it due to a lack of running game and not wanting to go into OT with these Hokies. A FB Dive play got the first and 2 plays later QB Tajh Boyd hit WR Bryant for the game winner.

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    hey nik i can roll tomorrow anytime after 7pm est
    thursday after 930 but only until 1am.

6. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Looks like I just missed you tonight. I'll try to catch you tomorrow night.

7. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

SEC championship game is about to go down. Things just got interesting with the news of #2 Va tech going down earlier today. If Georgia wins, it looks like they hop LSU, Va tech, and maybe OU, since the sooners are idle. Have to win the game first, though.

8. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Winner of the big 12 most likey plays lsu. So no pressure guys.

9. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

LSU takes down Georgia for the SEC title and a possible BCS National Championship bid. The Tigers over came a 28-14 half time deficit with some good defense and a timely turnover. The Tigers took the lead for good in the 4th after a fumble by Georgia. The Bulldogs drove the length of the field and had a 4th and 3 from the Tiger 5 yard line. Luckily for LSU, the defense broke up the pass that would have give the Dawgs a first and goal with just over a minute to play. Final score...LSU 35, Georgia 31. Great game as always Mexi. Good luck picking up an at large BCS bowl bid.

10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Where is OU ranked, 5th? I wonder if they sneak in the NC game if Nebraska can beat Texas. This would be a mess in real life!

11. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    We won't have to worry about that

Texas edges out Nebraska in an epic 2OT thriller, 48-47.

Nebraska goes for two towards the end of 2OT's, with Kyler Reed dropping the go ahead 2pt conversion...SMH....

12. nikpin

Texas doesn't lose.

The Big XII championship game got a greatness score of 1735. The game was back and forth for the most part with Nebraska having the only commanding lead in the 3rd quarter up 28-17 and the ball inside the 10 yard line but were held to a 23 yard FG to push the score to 31-17 with 1:38 remaining in the 3rd quarter. Texas quickly scored two TD's to bring the score even with 5:48 renaming in the 4th. I scored again with 2:11 left when I went for it on 4th and 1 at the 2 yard line. I came out and faked the snap, audibled and faked the snap again to no avail but he ran commit right and I was running left and Chris Whaley went into the end zone untouched. With 2:11 left and all 3 TO's Nebraska had plenty of time. They converted a 4th and long and had 2 near interceptions dropped by the Texas defense but were able to score with :25 seconds left to tie it. I had 2 TO's so I decided what the hell lets throw it up. First play I escaped a sack and hit a deep in route that was my 4th option on the play in a panic and ran it down the sideline for a big game. I panic'd and used a TO when I shouldn't have. On the next play I panic'd again and threw a corner route on a line into double coverage that Greg Timmons made a hell of a leaping grab between two defenders. This put me 49 yards away from a game winning field goal with :06 on the clock at the right hash. I should have probably hurried up to the line and ran it to line it up the middle and then used the TO but I got iced and had to deal with that. I hit it all the way but the field goal didn't hook enough and narrowly missed the right upright.

I was on defense first in overtime. I held him to a quick 3 and out and he hit the FG. I ran on 1st down for an 8 yard gain got another yard on 2nd and then lost 2 on third and settled for a FG. After playing it so conservative I came out throwing and took a 1st down sack to make it 2nd and 20 but Greg Timmons had another huge catch for a first down and Marquis Goodwin scored on a 11 yard flat to take the lead. Nebraska aired it out and quickly moved to down and goals where Cody Green scrambled in from 8 yards out. Nebraska decided it would end here as he went for 2 attempting a short stop to TE Kyler Reed in the slot but SS Mark Porter arrived just in time to knock it away and end the game.

A few notable POTG.
    Texas:
    Garret Gilbert 22/32 389 yards 3 TD 1 INT with a 24 yard scramble that set up a FG before Half
    Traylon Shead 6 carries for 119 yards and 2 TD's
    Greg Timmons 4 for 121 yards. No scores but all of his catches were huge as he caught a 46 yard bomb, a deep stop, the in to set up the FG before overtime and a deep in OT after getting sacked on 1st down.

Nebraska:
    Cody Green 34/45 440 yards and 4 TDs with 0 picks. Also had a rushing TD and several other decent scrambles
    Brent Johnson 6 receptions for 122 yards
    Lorne Williams 7 for 99 and 1 score
    Dontraveous Robinson 8 for 77 and 1 score.

13. nikpin

Also on this the only thing that matters in the BCS. OU is ranked ahead of you in the Media but that doesn't factor into the BCS at all though who knows in this game. Your 2 ahead in the coaches and 1 spot ahead in the BCS. I'd imagine you'll get a shot to avenge your only loss of the season and Dylan won't.

14. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    That run commit shouldn't have happened. I was trying to slant the line towards the riff and ended up run commit (which I don use at all)...

Then on the last play, I had 3 reads. The 1st WR was jammed (dude was jammed all day), second was my RB out of the backfield but he was covered manually. I saw an opening for my TE and darted it in there. It looked like he had it but the defender somehow influenced the catch as Reed dropped the pass.

15. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

moreecemos, when can you play our bowl game? i'm usually available every weeknight from 6-9pm cst and anytime on the weekends.