advanced to off season

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by lilmaggie, Sep 7, 2009.

1. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

advanced to off season

Advanced to off season. Get first stage completed and we will advance again.

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I just finished with my 1st stage. I'm looking at the stages now and here's how I see it. In the interest of getting this done as quickly as possible (which I think we all want) while still not screwing anyone over (which at least some of us want) I think it should go like this.

PLAYERS LEAVING - Very important step (I just talked my starting and 3rd string HBs into staying). People should not get screwed out of this.

TRANSFER REQUESTS - I can't think of a reason why this couldn't be skipped. The worst I think that could happen is we get some transfer that we don't want and we just cut him later.

RECRUITING - Obviously the most important stage and people shouldn't get screwed out of it.

POSITION CHANGES - Another very important step that shouldn't be skipped.

TRAINING RESULTS - Skip it. It's cool to see who improved where, but we don't actually have to do anything during this stage.

CUT PLAYERS - Another very important step as the CPU can border on retardation when it comes to cutting players.

In short, I don't see any reason why we shouldn't skip Transfer Requests and Training Results. Does anyone disagree?

3. jello1717

I just finished with my 1st stage. I'm looking at the stages now and here's how I see it. In the interest of getting this done as quickly as possible (which I think we all want) while still not screwing anyone over (which at least some of us want) I think it should go like this.

PLAYERS LEAVING - Very important step (I just talked my starting and 3rd string HBs into staying). People should not get screwed out of this.

TRANSFER REQUESTS - I can't think of a reason why this couldn't be skipped. The worst I think that could happen is we get some transfer that we don't want and we just cut him later.

RECRUITING - Obviously the most important stage and people shouldn't get screwed out of it.

POSITION CHANGES - Another very important step that shouldn't be skipped.

TRAINING RESULTS - Skip it. It's cool to see who improved where, but we don't actually have to do anything during this stage.

CUT PLAYERS - Another very important step as the CPU can border on retardation when it comes to cutting players.

In short, I don't see any reason why we shouldn't skip Transfer Requests and Training Results. Does anyone disagree?

4. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I'm completely on board with Jello's analysis. Boy is smart!!! haha.

Just as a side not, remember that we can NOT talk guys that are 95+ overall into staying.

5. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Finished with stage 1 and agree with jello on which stages hold more value than the others.

Almost lost Taylor, Evans, and Worilds. Had to make some undisclosed promises, but the Hokies look strong on paper for next season.

6. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

i agree with everyone on this. No sweat.

7. GoGators

I'll get mine done tomorrow around noon.

8. jello1717

My #1 HB is only an 88 and the bastard wanted to jump ship for the NFL. Luckily I was able to convince that it was a stupid decision.

9. GoGators

Gators are all set. My 3 time BCS winning senior class is finally graduating and I'm sad to see them go.

Jr FS Major Wright and DE Carlos Dunlap were both 95+ overall and have left for the NFL draft. So I've lost both starting DE's and the core of my defense in Brandon Spikes and Major Wright. That's going to be tough to overcome.

The good news is, Will Hill will now be on the field every play!

10. lilmaggie

Advance

We are at Week 1 of recruiting. Are you guys ready to advance to week 2. I know tincup is out of town so he won't be recruiting.

11. jello1717

What happened to week 1 recruiting? I logged on just now and we're already on week 2! I need to sign 20 guys during off season and I've lost a week already. I've been checking the dynasty routinely and we've been on players leaving for a while. I check for the first time today and I've already missed the 1st week of recruiting. What happened to doing 1 stage per day? This has been at least 2 days for the first stage and then much, much less than 1 day for the next stage so I'm pretty screwed now because you jumped ahead so soon.

12. jello1717

Wow! This is unreal. After all of this talk about not screwing people over and then I get screwed out of the most important step and, lucky me, I'm the one person that needs that step more than anyone else in this entire dynasty! I've checked all of the new :5stars: guys and they're all pretty much locked up already except for one. The same goes for almost all of the new :4stars: guys.

I can't believe this.

13. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Damn were at week 2 already?

14. GoGators

We've been at week 1 for a day and a half guys. We said the limit would be one day per stage of the offseason.

It would be nice if Lilmaggie could post when we advance in the offseason, thanks.

15. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

We were at week 1 for a while weren't we? I got mine in and it looked to me that almost everyone else had theres in as well. I did my week 2 recruiting too already and you guys can skip the rest of mine. I got like 3 guys on my board and they are just there to fill roster spots and will never see the field anyway so I don't care if I get them or not. Just let me know when the recruiting is done. Thanks.

16. jello1717

There's no way that we were at week 1 for a day and a half. I've checked daily as I was waiting for us to get through the players leaving stage.

17. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

u could not have checked daily and missed that because it was @ least 1 day. offseason in ANY leauge unless all 12 are on @ once or you go absolutely slow enough to make sure every last person does every step is gonna skip steps for somebody.

18. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

When we did the off-season in tradition II I saw some guys make some amazing gains after week one on those new guys. The one stud everyone was after got signed by a guy that was 4th or 5th after 3 weeks, I would not throw in the towel just yet.

19. txshrns

txshrns Guest

We were at week 1 for at least 48 hrs. Get on, get it done, or get left!

20. jello1717

So now it's at least 48 hours? It keeps getting longer and longer. I assure you that I've logged on at least once every single day since my bowl game. I haven't played a game in any of my dynasties since my bowl game here so I've had nothing else to do with my video game time but wait. I don't know if I hit a bug or something with saving my OD file or not, but I'm 100% positive that I have logged in every day since my bowl game and it was stuck on players leaving for at least 2 days. Is this what you've all seen to or was I the only one that was stuck on players leaving for so long? I was wondering if maybe I checked in Tuesday Morning and then Wednesday night, but it's gone from a day to a day and a half to 2 days. Certainly even if I would've done what I said before I still wouldn't have missed it.

21. jello1717

And what's done is done. I'm fucked, but I was already fucked when I took over this shitty team. I won't mention this again, but there's certainly no need for exaggerations to make me look like I was really slacking. I'll just point out there there are fewer than 48 hours between these 2 posts and leave it at that.

22. GoGators

Jello,

Understand that no one here is out to get you. This is a fair dynasty and there was at least 24 hours for the first recruiting week. I think the scenario you described of checking Tuesday morning and than again on Wednesday evening may be the case.

Lilmaggie has a lot of stuff going on and unfortunately isn't able to advance the dynasty at a set time every day. I think we would all appreciate it if he could provide an update when he has or plans to advance but perhaps he doesn't have a lot of time for that right now either. Either way, I'm sure he's doing his best so let's give him a break on this one.

It's unfortunate you missed week 1 and while things may have been exaggerated with how long we were on week 1, I don't think it was done in a manner meant to embarrass you.

Keep your head up and take on the challenge of rebuilding your beloved Tar Heels (I'm a Duke BBall fan so I hope you crash and burn hahaha). There's still a couple weeks of recruiting left so you've still got a shot after some visits. Good luck!

23. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

im a duke bball fan too! go blue devils! lol i hope they have a online dynasty in march madness altho we couldnt be in the same one lol

24. lilmaggie

Jello

You could be right Jello, I reallt dont know when I advanced to week 1. But I'm didn't mean to leave you out. I was sending messages on xbox to but maybe I skipped over you. Really sorry if you feel you were slighted in ant way. I will be advancing tonight around 9PM to week 3.

25. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Jello, i had the same problem as you. I kept checking and the league stayed on players leaving until week 2 of recruiting. Im guessing it was some kinda bug