Advanced to OFF1

Discussion in 'Game Scheduling' started by Drifterbub, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Advanced to OFF1

Get it done before tonight.

See everyone at 9:00 p.m. cst.

2. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

1st time the #1 recruit wasn't added, I could care less because none of the new guys want anything to do with the Ducks. USC, Georgia, you guys suck.

3. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Yeah, but #2 was added. A #1 got added in the creation this last offseason as well. I don't think it should add anyone in the top 5. Those guys are usually recruited from there soph year of high school and are well known about.

4. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

yeah, but said players also take long after the season to committ. look at pryor he didn't committ untill after signing day...I think you need to add some big playres just to keep it intresting...

5. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I agree, but them appearing out of no where? Maybe their progress bars should progress slower or something, while adding some good, but less hyped recruits. Pryor was recruited for a LONG time before he signed, not like he was unheard of.

6. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Helli posted a great idea over at OS about how he would like to see it done, and I agree with him. Keep it like it is now, except that the recruits that you cannot talk to until the offseason are VISIBLE at all times. Simple fix really. My dream world would have a much more in depth, College Hoops 2k style recruiting.

7. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    yeah I like the idea. The simple reality is that some recruits make decisions at different times, regardless of how much time someone pumps into them. Maybe add a variable where the progress of a players recruitment progresses at different rates. Some take their time (even beyond the signing date in some cases) and some want to get their recruitment out of the way before their senior season.

8. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

I do wish certain players wouldn't make decisions until signing day so that it is not a race for official visits and in home visits.

That would make the recruiting potentially more random.

I would like a recruit to say, Im announcing on Signing day, regardless of how much time you spend on him. Would make signing day a pretty big deal. You could have something set up where you could make offers to players that are conditional if you don't sign the 5 star, and your backup plan is a 3 star.

9. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

i like the idea of incorporating a signing day into the recruiting process.... not sure how it would work though, as there would be the potential for all kinds of bugs, and promises could go crazy but would still be cool none the less...

10. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Im assuming Drifter will bang out the schedule tonight and we will be at week 1 tonight.

If I have any User game, I can play late tonight.

Drifter just remember Penn State stole that CB from you, so I think that is a 3 home game penalty.