Advanced to OFF1

Discussion in 'Game Scheduling' started by Drifterbub, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Advanced to OFF1

Get it done BEFORE tonight!

Time has changed to 10 cst at the request of BBJ and a few others. Seems like everyone wanted it later this year. Any problems with that. If I have to put a time cap on the advancements I can. I don't want to keep your East coasters up real late.

2. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

If everyone will target the players they want, and any backup players before we start, recruiting shouldn't take more than 8 minutes, and that is a stretch.

Most guys will be targeting 3-5 new recruits, so if you get them targeted as well as any backup recruits, that will just make it to where you just have to spend time on the recruits as opposed to finding new recruits, which is where we eat up time.

I have no problem with a time limit.

3. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I think it will be quicker than normal because the players that got added are bland at best. I only looked at the top 225, but I wasn't impressed. I'm not even sure if I added someone to my board or not.

4. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    bump this back up

5. OMlawdog

So no McCoy, Matthews or Troy Brown this year. (n)

I needed a stud DE to be out there, oh well.

6. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I need to get something cleared up for me. I was looking at the rules and couldn't tell. Since we can now recruit 1 extra guy to put our roster at 71, is there anyone that we are not allowed to cut or can we axe whoever we want?

7. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    There was one DE out there that got added that was mediocre, if I remember. I didn't have a lot of time to look through it all and take note of everything.

But there aren't any game-changers. Agains this year the #1 recruit was added, a slow, small SS who wants to go to Florida State.

8. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    You're one cut a year is a wildcard, it can be whoever. We might want to discuss whether if you have a walkon or whatever if you have to cut him or consider him scholarshipped. But for now, it's wild.

9. OMlawdog

I lost 19 players this year, and had 70, and have 16 signed, giving me 3 more spots. Im not sure if I will use them or not based on Drifter's report.

10. Bondzai

Cool, thanks.

11. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Yep, stay away from him.

Can I cut the shitty kicker that transferred in from Middle Tennessee State, in addition to my +1?

12. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    transfers and walkons can be cut at anytime.

13. Bondzai

Drifter, I seem to have aquired an extra DT...must be a transfer but I can't tell since we can't actually see our rosters (which pisses me off). Can I cut this guy if he's a bum in addition to the +1 or no. Same thing as Basis, basically. I don't really care either way, my real beef is the fact that we can't look at our rosters during offseason recruiting.

EDIT: Nevermind, you answered it.

14. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    You can view transfers during the player departure stage by viewing "All" and then sorting by "Reason". Then you can scroll down a ways and see all the transfers.

15. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

bondzai you also got a K from me...

16. Bondzai

Really? It only showed that I had 1 K. I hope that I did get one from you though because my 4 year old son has a higher kick power rating than my current scrub kicker.