Advanced to Offseason - Season 5

Discussion in 'Game Scheduling' started by bravejaf, Jan 11, 2011.

1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

We are now in Player's Leaving - Advance to week 1 recruiting at noon tomorrow

Players that cannot be swayed back:
    Texas - J.R. Davis 95+ Overall
    Oklahoma - Russell McKenzie 95+ overall
    Penn State - Steve Key 95+ overall
    USC - Caleb Clark 95+ overall
    USC - Sean Salas 95+ overall
    Florida State - Jeremy Miller 90+ overall and a major award

2. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

@Dru50 looks like you were wrong haha and right about possibly being wrong

3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

True enough, I'm surprised how few underclassmen from everyone's team stayed. I figured I'd have more than DE Jeremy Miller try and head for the pro's. There were also only 3 transfers total throughout all D1 teams. Odd start to the offseason.

4. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Thank god Salas is gone

5. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Larry Walters will return for his senior season. His parents have are billionaires so he can wait another year for some team to select him first overall. He never considered entering the NFL Draft.

The only early departure for Ohio State is defensive end Matt Cummings. The junior college transfer only played one season at Ohio State but he was dominant on the defensive line. He sacked the quarterback 16 times last year and had 30 tackles for a loss.

6. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

We are now in week 1 of recruiting. There were 3 teams not set Ready to Advance but none had players that were leaving early except Texas. The only guy Texas had was Davis, who was not allowed to come back anyways.

I'm not 100% confident we will be able to finish all offseason tasks tonight. The T3 file is completed f'ed up and it takes 10-15 minutes just to advance each stage. We will still proceed as planned but there may still be stuff to do tomorrow and possibly Friday.

7. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

File must be jacked up. If you go to the dynasty wire, all the bowl game stories are messed up. Doesn't even have the statline for the BCS game. Was about to write up small summary, but no info available now....

8. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah the advance was definitely screwy last night. When I advanced to Player's Leaving it said transfer failed but when I exited out the dynasty was advanced. This file is currently being held to guess by a string and duct tape so we could end up losing everything at a moment's notice. Since the crash in season 3 this file has been messed up and it only seems to be getting worse. It usually takes me or Twist 2-4 times to successfully advance the league on a weekly basis.

I would appreciate if one more person can save a copy of the file. Twist and I are no longer saving it due to problems when we advance. Wazzu is backing it up but I would still like at least one more person to save the dynasty every week. Please let me know if you are willing to assist. If everyone else can go through their HD and make sure there are no old copies saved, that may also help in resolving some of these problems. We can talk about that tonight if you need help clearing old copies from your HD.

9. Dru50

The file has been hosed since season 2 or 3 I think, I know last night it took brave and I like an hour and a half to get the dang thing advanced. I noticed that the bowl game and conference championship game highlights weren't there anymore.

Nothing we can do about it though, aside from hope that it gets us through till April/May.

10. Dru50

I can save a copy of the file throughout the offseason brave.

11. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

Texas takes a big hit this year with players leaving to Graduation. I lost 13 90+ seniors with 7 of those being my underacheiving receiving corp. Texas also lost 97 ovl HB J.R. Davis as a redshirt Sophomore. Davis rushed for over 2500yrds in his 2 seasons as a starter. Fortunately, Texas signed the #1 HB Gary Kemp two years ago and signed the #1 HB Marcus Bishop in this years recruiting class to fill the void.

I can also save a copy of the T3 file if needed.

12. Dru50

FSU losing DE Jeremy Miller hurts, but he leaves the team as the single season and career sack leader for FSU and we wish him well in the pro's.

I'm just really glad that none of my other underclassmen (especially MLB Chris Wright) decided to declare, as that could have put my defense in a real pickle.

13. Vandermint

Vandermint Walk On

I almost always save a copy of the file, but if that's not helpful I can stop.

14. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I insta-committed a :4stars: WR in week 1 of offseason so I am back to just 1 scholarship remaining. I am hoping to land another DB but I have some fall back options in case the CB I want signs elsewhere.

I'm really only interested in seeing progression this offseason. It is possible I will have 5 offensive lineman with a 99 overall rating along with Walters who has been a 99 overall since his birth. My receivers are going to suck so hopefully my line can get me 10-15 seconds per pass play to allow them to get off the line.

15. vBIG SLICKv

This game is HARSH. Over the previous 4 seasons Texas goes 53-3, wins 2 National Championships, 4 Big XII Conference Titles and after one 9-4 season I drop to a 5 star program.

[​IMG]

16. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Losing Rich McKenzie hurts but I do have a DE from this class in Pierre Stallings.

17. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

You should save it because you and I don't have a corrupt file, and I won't be on tonight

18. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Oh shit no. If it helps I won't use my new Texas pipeline this season.

19. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Shit, I'll get on and recruit as soon as I can. Cooking at the moment though.

20. Dru50

I'll try and do my week one recruiting shortly. I just got home and have to make dinner for the family tonight.

21. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

You are fine, not advancing till right before 9. Hopefully you can make it tonight.

22. Dru50

I'm good for tonight, no worries.

23. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

This is on ya'lls fucked up eastern time right? lol

24. vBIG SLICKv

yes sir 9est / 8cst

25. vBIG SLICKv

Just something to look at while we wait for the offseason to start