Advanced to Players Leaving

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Shino45, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Advanced to Players Leaving

We've advanced to Players leaving. Post your results for Players who are leaving your program early via draft of transfer. Also let us know if the kid was attempted to be convinced to stay and the results.

A reminder of the rules regarding players leaving
    Also for each player that leaves early due to draft/transfer adds another available scholarship for your team, like wise any transfer accepted counts against your available scholarships.

2. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Georgia.... with a team full of Great juniors and underclassmen this is a day Coach Williams was not looking for. One notable position of concern was the WR position.... And sure enough one wide receiver on the team was looking to leave early. Lucky for the Georgia Fan Base it was not AJ Green!!!! Sophomore WR Marlon Brown was looking to transfer to Illinois. A young stud 6'5 80 OVR 15 receptions 276 yards 1 TD Coach williams did not want to see him go. Do Brown was called by the coach and they talked for an hour, but at the end of the day Brown felt it was too late to change his mind and he was out the door. It's a tough loss for the future of the Bulldogs, but it could have been much worst! All other players left due to Graduation, as Brown was the lone player wanting to leave early.

3. phbaseball1335

phbaseball1335 Walk On

The Maryland Terrapins do not have any players wishing to transfer away from the program. Maryland will only lose players this offseason via graduation. The biggest impact that graduation will have on the program will be felt at linebacker. Maryland loses two impact players in MLB Alex Wujciak and LOLB Adrian Moten.

4. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    6 players wanted to leave FSU this offseason. 3 to the draft, 3 wanted to transfer. Each of the transfers didn't really matter, we tried to talk CB Rhodes back for depth but he decided he wanted an opportunity to play more despite the fact that he made possibly the 2 biggest plays in the NC game. The players that wanted to go pro were all convinced to come back to go for another title. WR Jarmon Fortson, HB Jermaine Thomas, and FS Nick Moody will be back next season. Each of these players were key starters.

5. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

We had a lot of seniors leaving Boston College this year, but only 2 declared early.

The ACC's leading receiver: Colin Larmonde was convinced to stay for his senior year.

Unfortunately HB Montel Harris could not be convinced and will enter the draft.

Some of the noteable seniors leaving: LOLB Mark Herzlich 93 OVR, LT Anthony Costanzo 91 OVR, and 3 other starters on defense all high 80's...

6. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Arkansas had 17 seniors graduate this year. Key departing seniors are starting tackles DeMarcus Love and Ray Dominquez, nickel corner Ramon Broadway, starting linebacker Freddie Burton, starting safety Rudell Crim, and all-SEC TE D.J. Williams.

The Razorbacks had 6 players who wanted to declare for the NFL draft. All but one was talked in to staying and he couldn't be talk to anyway.

No surprise that QB Ryan Mallett declared for the NFL draft. He was 96 overall and one of the top players in the upcoming draft class. He broke some of his own passing records in yards and td's and broke the single season completion percentage record at Arkansas.

We were able to talk WR's Greg Childs and Jarius Wright, DE's Jake Bequette and Tenarius Wright, and CB Isaac Madison into staying.

We still feel very good about our team even with the lose of Mallett. Tyler Wilson should be close to 90 overall going into the year. The Defense should be improved also, with most key players back next year.

7. charter04

charter04 Walk On

So if you have a player leave early you get one more scholarship added on top of the 3 extra? For instance. I had 17 seniors and 69 total. So 18 plus the 3: 21. So now I have 22 with Mallett leaving early?

8. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

We just lost our Nickel CB Stephaun Raines. Big Loss. Also two players transferred, good riddance.

9. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Correct.... as long as you do not accept any transfers.

10. PAgamer07

So whats the deal Shino, we advancing to day 1 tonight?

11. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    We can def just skip transfers, if someone doesn't want the guy they can just cut him.

12. phbaseball1335

phbaseball1335 Walk On

There is a QB from Penn St that wants to transfer to Maryland, but I am not going to accept the transfer. He is already a redshirt sophomore, so after he sits out the one year, I would only have him for one season. No point in doing this as he is not a superstar and I think my younger guys will progress to be rated higher than him anyway. So, if we do just skip the transfers, I do not plan on having this guy on my team and would want to use the scholarship that he would take up before getting the chance to cut him.

13. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Will see.... like I said the notice has been short, and there are still 5 teams who needs to check in.

14. PAgamer07

I say the heck with them. If they cant find the time to check the forums once per day, so be it :)

15. williatr

williatr Walk On

Just finished only had one player leave due to lack of playing yime

16. hoosierjoe

hoosierjoe Walk On

I'll be getting on tonight to get my stuff done... any time your looking to advance by?

17. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

You have time, I won't advance to the next step until tomorrow.

18. hoosierjoe

hoosierjoe Walk On

The Hokies only lose one player due to reasons other than graduation. Sophomore RB David Wilson has decided to transfer. The good news is that both star RBs Ryan Williams and Darren Evans will be back in Blacksburg for one more season, likely playing into Wilson's decision.

Notable players lost to graduation:

CB - Rashad Carmichael
    TE - Andre Smith
    DE - Steven Friday (Tied for most sacks in NCAA)
    DT - John Graves
    QB - Tyrod Taylor

19. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    What's the holdup?

20. PAgamer07

Who knows..

I cant even remember anyone on my team anymore...

21. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

I guess I'm just not seeing the immediate need to advance because, After Tuesday night we're going to be in the same place regardless. With that being the case I'll rather give people more time to finish. Also I originally said Tuesday before Spud went out of town... that would be kind've sour to change while he's gone and have to sim parts of his off season.

22. PAgamer07

23. Spudnasty

Spudnasty Walk On

Wake Forest loses 12 players to Graduation. Josh Adams - RB will be the most missed but there will also be 3 WR's leaving and 3 LB's as well leaving some big holes in the Offense and Defense.

24. charter04

charter04 Walk On

What about Alabama? How did they manage to not have any of those guys go pro?