Advanced to S2W5

Discussion in 'Game Scheduling' started by fuzzyl0gic, Apr 30, 2012.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

2. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Yay, bye week!!!

3. fuzzyl0gic

Same here. :doodie:

4. SimFBallCritic

SimFBallCritic Walk On

This is crazy, I just played I Peench week 3

5. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Fixed that for ya(y)

6. fuzzyl0gic

7. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

yeah i'll be done some point tonight which will be early evening for you guys :)

8. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Why do the deadlines keep getting pushed earlier and earlier? Some of us that work 9-5 this pretty much only gives 1 day to get this scheduled. Can we please go back to at least 10 PM EST?

• Like Like x 2
  9. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

would agree with pa whilst the 48 hour is fast and manageable, advancing any quicker is unfair on guys that work etc

10. PAgamer07

11. fuzzyl0gic

They are always 48 hours. We advanced early on Saturday at 7 pm, so then the deadline was 7 on Monday, and so on...

If you need an extension tomorrow, you can always ask. You still have all of tonight to get it in.

12. fuzzyl0gic

See above, I always give 48 hours between advances. We've had a couple of early advances (because everyone got done early) this season, changing the time around a bit.

13. fuzzyl0gic

Also, that would give you any time after 7 pm est Monday to play, then all night Tuesday, then Wednesday up until 7 (which might be tough when you get off around 5-6). Did you get confused and think the advance was today? I was just pushing for an early one, but people still have until tomorrow evening to get their games done.

14. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I do agree with pagamer I mean the 7 pm advance is early, especially for those of us on the West Coast it is 4 pm my time and I am not even out of work by 4 pm. 10 pm at least gives me a chance at it with 7 pm my time. If we advance early great, but moving the time up from 10 to 7 makes it hard and I do what I can to get my games in but gotta give me that chance.

15. fuzzyl0gic

Did you read my above posts?? I'm still giving you 48 hours. You have from 4 pm your time Monday until 4pm Wednesday, that gives you two full nights to try and schedule a game? I'm thinking pa thought the advance was tonight at 7, and that would be pushing it for his game.

Last edited: May 1, 2012
  16. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I'm just saying I dont like the 4 pm deadline but maybe I'm in the minority with that being on the west coast and working a 4 am-5pm job at the minimum.

17. PAgamer07

I just dont see the reason for the change. It was Midnight. Then it was 10. Now it's 7. Id like some consistency, and IMO 10PM works better for me and others it appears.

18. fuzzyl0gic

Anytime we advance early, the deadline is going to shift. I will always give 48 hours between the advances, and if you need an extension just ask. I don't see the point in waiting to advance at 10 pm on a given day, if every game is complete by 4 pm.

19. PAgamer07

I dont see the point in changing the deadline each week. Keep it at 48 hours, a set deadline each week. That way guys know when they have to have their games done and plan accordingly.

Make the deadline every 48 hours 10PM. Nothing difficult about that.

20. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Or keep it at midnight :D

21. fuzzyl0gic

Your model doesn't account for early advances at all. Mine is more efficient. I will continue to set the deadlines 48 hours after I advance. If everyone is done early, I will advance early. If you need an extension, ask. It's pretty simple I think.

22. PAgamer07

Yes, but my model accounts for guys with limited time that like to plan things ahead of time and know how long they have. If someone knows that every 48 hours at a set time they can schedule their games, then it makes it much easier to schedule and can schedule ahead.

Not getting into a pissing match telling you how to run your league, but myself, I run two here on the site with the same hard deadlines each advance and everyone understands them and can plan ahead.

23. fuzzyl0gic

Haha, I enjoy the discussion and differing opinions. I understand where you're coming from, and if I notice a pattern of a lot of people frequently needing extensions, I might shift to that model. So far this season has been smooth sailing the way it is.

24. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    So you are trying to say that you are not in favor of advancing early if everyone is done?

25. PAgamer07

I dont mind advancing early at all. I just prefer a set deadline each week. And I know 7 PM is a hard deadline for some people to meet.