Advanced to Superbowl Everyone Read

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

[​IMG]

Feel free to make your predictions folks.

More details in a moment.

2. Keller

Here's a post from another thread I made. This kinda explains certain things in detail but leaves out a few pieces. Check the next post for a summary of everything.

I)Your console roster MUST MUST MUST MUST MUST be at 48 players or below before the draft. Via cuts, trades or expiring contracts, you've gotta be at 48.
    II)Any player with only 1 year left on their contract - you must make a decision about. Because next season is represented by the next column and at the start of season 2/3 he won't be under contract. Free agency will happen like this.
    1)Pre progession decisions. That means right now you should be thinking about this.
    As of right now, any player with 1 year left on your spreadsheet is considered a restricted free agent. That means you have until we open up real free agency (24-48hrs after the draft) to decide if you would like to sign them. If you would like to re-sign them, say so in your roster management thread. If you would like to allow them to enter free agency, say so in your roster management thread.**Important** You will still re-sign players at their post progression overalls.​

2)**Progression takes place after the draft**

3)Post progession decisions
    This is going to be a 24-48hr period that takes place before free agency but after the draft, where you finish deciding on which restricted FA's you're keeping and which you're letting walk. You'll now be able to see your players after progression and decide what you're doing. Always remember to post your decisions in your roster management thread. You say who you want to re-sign, and who you are letting walk.​

4)Free Agency Opens
    We will have our customary 4 or 5 bid periods that are each 24hrs in length. You'll submit your bids to me via PM, just as last season. If you win your bid, update your roster management thread with that info.​

III)After free agency we kick off the season. You'll have until the trade deadline to make in-season re-sign decisions, just as last season.

3. Keller

Summary of Offseason

I will start doing Max$$ accelerators today. I will post in your roster management thread any changes I make to your spreadsheet and notify you.

*important* do not create a new roster management thread for season 3 - we are just going to continue using the same threads so I have all the info in the same place for reference.

-Pre progression decisions - not final - just make one for your reference so that the post progression decisions are faster
    -Year 2 Super Bowl
    -Pre progression decisions - make a few moves to get you at 48 players or less
    -Year 3 Draft - Monday at 10:30pm EST
    -Sign/not sign draft picks in roster management thread.
    -Post progression decisions - finalize your restricted FA's (guys with 1 yr left) - that means release the guys, on the console, that you are not re-signing.
    -I update all spreadsheets with all info from your roster management threads.
    -*If you do not finish your roster management, you cannot participate in free agency*
    -Free Agent Period. (4 or 5 24hr bid periods) Once I say you can sign your guy, sign him on the console. Update your roster management thread.
    -I will finalize all roster management threads before free agency is over. Once its over, everyone is signed on a first come, first serve basis.
    -Start of Season 3.

4. Keller

Also, as we mentioned in Podcast 3, we would like to do a Superbowl Media Day podcast.

In past franchises, we would do these sorta funny questionnaires etc. and it was just for fun. So my plan is going to be a short podcast where we talk about the superbowl matchup a little bit, answer some funny questions, talk about the off season and thats it. The kicker is that the questionnaires are answered by the other team. I'll show you what I mean below.

If anyone has any funny questions to submit, please feel free to do so here.

These are Bills questions to be answered by Rush. @rushers24 you need to post some Cowboys questions for me.

If we don't do the podcast we will at least answer the questions in here.

Chris Robinson - You're a rookie, you have huge sideburns and look like a tool. A source tells us that they're a result of some rookie hazing that went on during training camp. Care to elaborate?

Roscoe Parrish - What exactly is Roscoe Magic?

Lee Evans - Tough season but great playoff performances thus far. Any reason why?

Brian Moorman - A lot of people say you're the best player on the team but that was when you guys were annually picking in the top 5. Now what do people say? Is it true that players rub your bald head for good luck?

CJ Spiller - Who would win in a footrace, you, Felix Jones, Terrance Newman or Lee Evans? Is it true that you get pedicures?

Paul Posluszny - Dude where the hell are you from? What kind of last name is that?

Leodis McKelvin - Have you ever heard yourself in an interview? You sound like a 3 year old. Do you plan on returning to school to finish your degree?

Jairus Byrd - Do you love Jesus? Why do you love him so much? Your dreads are so pretty.

Donte Whitner - If you had a cereal named after you, what would it be called? What about just a Buffalo Bills cereal?

5. Subkontraktor

Subkontraktor Plays with Knives.

Buffalo 20, Dallas 17.

This matchup reminds of me of the Perfect Patriots vs. the upstart Giants.

6. Keller

You're not supposed to pick the underdog you ass! lol.

Trust me when I say, Rush will win. He ALWAYS beats me when it matters the most to me. When the games are like a rubber match or insignificant, I'll squeak out a win.

Its been a long time coming for this match up - building the teams up the way we want them or as best we can - not playing with the shitty stock roster'd Buffalo Bills. My chances are better than ever that I will win but that doesn't mean my chances are very good. My team is pretty young and next season I believe I'd have a better shot at it but what ya gonna do.

7. stryder24

stryder24 Walk On

If the cowboys win. I vote rush needs to take over the worst team in the league

8. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

My prediction.....

Bullz 402 to zip

9. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

We all know Tony Romo is a man whore, ......... would he ever consider Mile Austin?

10. Keller

Also, we are still moving forward with the idea that the draft is going to be Monday at 10:30pm EST

11. Betz

Betz Walk On

agreed lol 100%

12. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

No way jose

13. ChickenOfTheSea

What if he just forfeits his Draft picks?

14. Keller

Agreed - his pick goes to the worst team in the league last season :)

I like it!

15. ChickenOfTheSea

Its official then :)

16. Keller

17. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

Everyone hates me

18. sibellius

sibellius Too legit to quit

Stanley Stump - How important is it to the Stump family and the Stump legacy to have a Stump represented at the Super Bowl? Are you flying Mrs. Stump and the little Stump's out for the game?

@Keller

19. sibellius

sibellius Too legit to quit

Also I'm assuming the player's with one year left that we want to go toward getting our roster down to 48 will have to be resigned before the draft and not after progression?

20. Keller

If you for sure don't want a guy, let him walk before the draft to get down to the 48 player max. If you're unsure, wait until after progression. Either way, you'll be paying the guy his post progression salary.

Just be sure you list all moves in your roster management thread.

21. NateDawg

NateDawg GT- MIZ Nighthawk

Do we get our 7 cuts again starting after the superbowl??

22. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

As far as I know, no we don't it has to either be through cuts you pay for, or by guys contracts expiring that you choose not to resign.

23. NateDawg

Really!? I thought we got 7 free cuts a year in order to make room for the draft... @Keller ??

-The trade I made this year was heavily based on that...

24. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

We dont need the free cuts because we have guys with expiring contracts that you have to make decisions on.

25. NateDawg

OK I see... That makes sense.