Advanced to Week 11

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by jfosh, Aug 13, 2009.

1. jfosh

jfosh Super

Advanced to Week 11

On tap this week in the Tradition……

#3 Georgia Tech at Duke
    Louisiana Tech at #16 LSU
    #17 Auburn at #2 Georgia (Rivalry game)
    #13 Miami at NC State
    Clemson at #8 North Carolina
    #1 Alabama at Mississippi State (Rivalry Game)
    Florida State at Wake Forest
    #10 Florida at South Carolina (Rivalry Game)
    Tennessee at Ole Miss
    #5 Virginia Tech at Maryland

Column 1
    Week 11 BCS Poll
    RK LW Team Wins Losses Points
    1 2 Alabama 9 0 1.000
    2 1 Georgia 9 0 0.994
    3 3 Georgia Tech 10 0 0.989
    4 4 Wisconsin 9 0 0.983
    5 5 Texas 8 1 0.975
    6 7 Virginia Tech 8 1 0.972
    7 6 Penn State 9 1 0.969
    8 9 North Carolina 8 1 0.958
    9 8 Boise State 7 1 0.958
    10 11 Florida 7 2 0.950

Week 11 saw some shuffling at the top of the BCS poll. Georgia and Georgia Tech gave way to Alabama who took the top spot. Alabama’s surge in the polls can be attributed to defeating conference rival LSU. Georgia slid in the polls after taking a hit in strength of schedule. The Bulldogs FCS opponent last week hurt them in the short term.

There is still a lot of action left in the 2009 season with 4 undefeated teams remaining.

Alabama – The Tide will face off with Auburn in the Iron Bowl to end the season. Alabama can clinch the SEC west with a win there or an Auburn loss before that game. Georgia awaits Alabama if they get there.

Georgia – The Bulldogs probably have the most work left of the undefeated teams. Georgia faces Auburn in week 11 and ends the season with #3 Georgia Tech. The Dogs have already clinched a spot in the SEC championship with the big win over Florida.

Georgia Tech – The Yellow Jackets are in the ACC title game but will host the #2 Georgia Bulldogs before they can start preparing for that one. Their likely opponent in the conference championship will be #8 North Carolina.

Wisconsin – With a big win at Ohio St in October the Badgers are on auto pilot now. They can sit back and watch the ACC and SEC beat up on each other and will benefit from not playing a conference championship. The most formidable opponent remaining is Michigan in week 11

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Hey fosh I'm driving home should make it home tomorerow night and be ready to play sometime tomorrow night can u take me off auto. I won't be checking this from my phone again prolly so call me if u need to. Hit juggs or rusty up if u don't have my number saved

3. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

sim it!!!

4. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

As long as im ranked ahead of Auburn i consider the season successful... (y)

5. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Then you probably want Helli to play his game. Auburn win over #2 cpu Georgia would vault them up the ranking

Helli - sorry bud, I did your recruiting already. Didn't realize you would be back by tomm morning. I followed your guidelines though and since you been gone landed 3 guys for you including the top 2 guys on your board and the guy you wrote "is really the most important guy left"

6. jfosh

jfosh Super

I already had taken you off auto pilot at the start of the week after reading Juggs' post. I didn't think we needed Auburn to put 70 on the #2 undefeated team in the nation. Thats great that you cut your vacation short so we wouldn't have to wait an extra day.

7. Kingerock

Kingerock I'm kinda a big deal...

while I'm amped to have Helli back in the fold, please don't tell me you cut a vacation short to come home and play NCAA. If that's the case you need a few more days vacation!

:)

8. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yeah i dont think he cut it short.............but he is one luck mofo.

He has someone doing his recruiting, he wins a user game while on vacation, has no simmed cpu games, and has no injuries........shakes head

9. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    helli you done wearing that 4 leaf?

10. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah that isn't what happened; not sure where he got that.

My 'vacation' as far as my boss is concerned runs through next Wednesday. But I was always going to be back by today. I'll look for ramirez tomorrow (Saturday).