Advanced to Week 11

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by HotRod, Oct 8, 2009.

1. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Advanced to Week 11

NEXT ADVANCE SUNDAY 11:59 PM EST

Week 11: Games to Watch

49ers (5-4) at Packers (9-0)

Green Bay pulled out a late comeback win against Dallas last week to stay undefeated. A weak schedule has some doubting they are the NFC’s best team but they get another formidable opponent this week as San Francisco comes to town. The Niners lost their head coach last week but quickly replaced him with new HC roll2tide. San Fran is currently leading the NFC West but has St. Louis and Arizona creeping up on them. This is a key game for them as they move forward in the second half of their season.

Steelers (7-2) at Chiefs (4-5)

The AFC North leading Pittsburgh Steelers come into Kansas City with a great record but they are still missing the presence of Ben Roethlisberger. In his first start after being traded from the Vikings, Tavaris Jackson struggled before being benched in favor of seasoned vet Charlie Batch. Will Jackson get another shot against the Chiefs? Meanwhile Kansas City struggled against divisional foe Oakland in an important game for their wildcard hopes. Winning the AFC West looks to be out of the question with the way the rest of the division is playing and another loss make a wildcard a long shot as well.

Falcons (5-4) at Giants (6-3)

Big game as both of these teams are currently in the playoff hunt. Giants are very much still in the running for he NFC East crown and holding down a wildcard spot. New York has been very consistent all season and their 3 losses came to 3 very tough opponents. Atlanta is tied at the top of the NFC South and just on the outside of the wildcard picture record wise. Last week they dismantled the Panthers and will try to continue that kind of play this week. A win this week will be a major boost to what looks to be a playoff run.

Chargers (7-2) at Broncos (6-3)

A classic AFC West rivalry game is a very important one at this stage of the season. The Chargers, fresh of a big win over Philadelphia have a one game lead over the Broncos in the division. They look to get a second win over Denver will also putting some distances between the teams. Denver on the other hand needs this win to close the gap and get a share of first place in the division. They also hold one of the wildcard spots and want to stay in control of that race as well.

Titans (6-3) at Texans (4-5)

A divisional battle with two new coaches finalizes out games to watch. The Titans and new coach Elite B Man come in tied for 1st in the AFC South. Tennessee got a win for their new Head Coach last week over Buffalo. The Texans are coming of a bye week in which they also saw a coaching change bringing in Escobar. Can Coach Escobar get the Texans back into the AFC South race? We will see.

HotRod’s Power Rankings

1. Green Bay Packers (9-0). The only undefeated team in the league. Nuff said.
    2. San Diego Chargers (7-2). Defeated one of the NFC’s best last week with a 34-18 win over Philly.
    3. Miami Dolphins (8-1). Been running all over teams this season. Only blemish was against the Chargers.
    4. Philadelphia Eagles (7-2). One of the most dynamic offenses in the league had a setback against San Diego but still one of the best in the NFC.
    5. New England Patriots (7-2). Touting the dynamic duo Brady and Moss. These two are putting up some insane numbers, especially Moss.
    6. Dallas Cowboys (6-3). Went toe to toe with the Packers. Fifty seconds away from putting a loss in Green Bay’s record.
    7. Pittsburgh Steelers (7-2). Been playing good football all season but at some point the loss of Big Ben is going to rear its ugly head.
    8. New York Giants (6-3). Still a NFC power in the thick of things. Plays every team tough.
    9. Denver Broncos (6-3). They have a huge game this week but definitely a solid team.
    10. Oakland Raiders (6-3). Going sort of under the radar, these guys are somehow making things happen with Keith Null at QB. Keith freaking Null!!!

2. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    May I also give a big ups to everyone as we got all the games played last week. Let's keep it up fellas.

3. Romoisajedi

Romoisajedi Walk On

Hot Rod!!!

you are the man,

thanks for the sweet update,

4. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Yeah man, that's some sick stuff. Keep up the good work!

an update, in week 10 TJ got a 2nd chance for the steelers. He still sucked. Charlie Batch has taken the starting spot in Big Ben's absence.

When is the next advance? I know we're on hard advances now so I just want to know when these have been finalized for.

5. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Packers have definately benefited from an easy schedule. Our defense has been tough all year and we just seem to do enough on offense when needed to win. We cant keep winning games on final drives though.

6. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Great update Hotrod. NFC East representing in the power rankings.

7. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    At the top in RED man, lol.

edit: increased the font so it won't be missed.

8. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

great job HR, definitely were the right choice for the job. hold down the fort while I'm gone with Ryno

9. score23

score23 Walk On

wow very nice job man.

10. GoGators

LOL....my bad.....I was so intrigued by your write up I missed it.

11. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

*Cough* It's Keith Null *Cough*

12. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    My bad, had another no name QB on my brain. It has been fixed.

13. Romoisajedi

Romoisajedi Walk On

are you kidding me,

the Rams rookie QB castaway?

isnt' he like a 58 overall? I realize he's decent but he's starting? you have some injuries or what?

14. GoGators

really....TJ is a 68 and he can't hit the broad side of the barn. How are you winning with that guy?

15. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I was pissed at Jeff and Jamarcus well is jamarcus so i signed him to start and he hasn't lost a start. he actually makes all the throws i ask of him so i can't complain he's my trent Dilfer...

oh and i believe he is a 51 ovl..

16. GoGators

That's ridiculous.....TJ started a simmed game for me due to connection problems and the guy threw 5 picks. Guess the ratings don't mean as much as EA thought.