Advanced to Week 13

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Bondzai, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Advanced to Week 13

No user vs. user games this week.

User BCS Rankings:
    #2 Maryland
    #6 Iowa
    #10 Minnesota
    #11 South Carolina
    #13 Texas A&M
    #16 Duke
    #17 Stanford

2. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

I will definitely get jumped by A&M after their bruising of Texas and I figure South Carolina will jump me too. I was surprised though, I am slotted for the Fiesta Bowl as of now. :D

3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I am anxiously awaiting to see if the Sooners can take out Oklahoma State. If they do, I get a rematch with Oklahoma for the Big 12 title and a BCS berth.

4. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

that doesnt make sense dru. I think you'd play the north champ.......Kansas

5. Dru50

Good point, don't know where my mind is today. So much the better though, I really wouldn't look forward to playing the Sooners again, I barely squeaked by them in the first game.

I was really hoping that your Colorado team could take out the Cowboys for me and get me into the Big 12 title game, but it looked like you gave it a good run and just came up short.

6. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I had the lead and the ball with 3 minutes left, and the very first play OSU "forced" a fumble for a TD. What can you do?

7. Dru50

You and I will just have to take it out on the Cowboys next season when they don't have a senior loaded team. I'm calling 30 point wins by both of us in the rematch games.

8. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

as of right now, despite being #2 in the SEC, and the only other BCS eligible team in the SEC i'm slated to play Penn St. in the Capital One Bowl. I wish I could have the ability to decline bowls. USF & TCU are slated to play in the Sugar Bowl.

9. Dru50

Did I miss something? Isn't the Capital One Bowl a pretty decent bowl game? Especially for a team like South Carolina? Expectations must have been high in Columbia this season.

10. astealthyhippo

looks like Crayola (wisconsinsports) is the last one left to get his stuff in. He hasn't been on the site since the 24th and I'm not sure if he got his game in last week (was his simmed? I think he lost). Anyone hear anything from him, see him on XBL?

11. Dru50

I was talking with Bondzai last night and I think he was going to post something here and give Crayola today to get his game in or let him know what is going on.

12. astealthyhippo

Gotcha. I am in no rush, I have no more games until my bowl game. Just thought it was strange he hasn't posted in a while, he is usually active. I realize it is coming off a holiday though.

and Dru, congrats on the coast2coast national championship :D.

13. Dru50

Thanks, I'm enjoying shining the new trophy.(y)

14. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Yeah, I'm going to advance tonight. Hopefully Crispy will get his game in. The next two weeks should go quick as it's only recruiting.

15. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

Yes they are this season:) I just figured that b/c Florida is #1 and seeing that the Sugar Bowl is for the SEC Champ, SCAR would get the Sugar Bowl bid since we are #2 in the SEC.

16. Dru50

My understanding is that (at least in real life) if one of the bowls loses their 'tie-in' conference member to the title game, then that bowl gets first pick from the BCS eligible remaining schools. Not sure if I remember the exact rules, but I think you have to be ranked top 8 or 10 at seasons end to qualify, but even then you aren't guaranteed a spot, and there is no guarantee if an SEC team is in the title game that the original bowl has to take another SEC team. I have no idea if that's how it works in the game though.