Advanced to week 14

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Stick to the Schedule - Next advance will be Saturday at 4pm EST.

The goodies will have to wait, as usual.

2. Keller

As always, for effect:

Its time for Swami Sez
    [​IMG]

First, lets take a look around the league at the standings through week 13

[​IMG]

Heres what we know - The Cowboys, Browns and Falcons are going to win their division - theyre in.

The AFC East is a footrace all the way down to the end, both the Bills and Dolphins lost this week (the Dolphins to the 13-0 Cowboys, the Bills in a simulation to the Jets.) They still play eachother in a couple weeks, that game will likely decide the outcome of the division.

The AFC South could come down to the wire as well, with the Texans making a late push and the Titans fading (yankeery red ringed and is trying to get back.) I'd be on the Texans overtaking the Titans but hey, who knows.

The AFC West is quite possibly the most interesting division in football. The Raiders are hot but can't seem to beat the Broncos (they lost to them twice) The Chiefs control their own destiny and the division and the Broncos are in prime position to nab at least the top wildcard spot at 9-3.

The other wildcard spot is going to boil down to either the Bills or Dolphins (depending on who wins the divison) who are both 8-4, the Bengals who are 8-5 (but their coach is on hiatus,) and possibly the Raiders who are 7-5.

The NFC North will also come down to the wire, both the Lions and Packers sitting at 8-4, they still have to play each other again as well.

In the NFC West the 49ers are trying to play catchup to the Cardinals who also play each other again still.

The Wildcard spots will come down to the Eagles, either the Lions or the Packers (all 3 teams are 8-4,) the resurgent Panthers at 7-5 and either the Cardinals or 49ers, depending on who wins the divison.

ON TO THE PICKS!

[​IMG]
    The Texans escaped with a win in OT last week and the mighty Panthers are surging late in the season. Two head coaches who are friends, pitted against one another - Anything can happen! The computers like the Panthers so I do too, I'll take Carolina by 6 points. Run Deangelo run!

[​IMG]
    Oakland won easily against the Chiefs just a few short weeks ago, and albeit the Raiders cannot seem to get over the hump against the Broncos, I think they have the Chiefs number. I'll take the Raiiiiiidassss by a long DHB touchdown. Will it make a difference in the ultra competitive AFC West though?

[​IMG]
    Both teams are out for blood with both teams standing within striking distance of the division lead. I expect this game to be a knockout, scratching, clawing, haymaker swinging battle. Certainly my game of the week and it should be yours too. Can the Broncos do my Bills a favor and knockout the Dolphins? I hope so. The computers love the Dolphins, but I'm riding that Bronco momentum - Broncos in a close one, by 1 point on a last second field goal. BOOM!

[​IMG]
    An interesting game here ladies and gents. The 49ers always seem to falter right when they need it the most but the Steelers haven't exactly been overwhelming this season at 4-8. Conventional wisdom says pick the team with the better record but for some reason the computers love the Steelers. Conventional wisdom? NOT SWAMI. I'm taking the Steelers in a big upset to really put a dent in the 9ers offseason plans.

3. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

honestly, me and zcar hang out probably every damn weekend and play each other in a lot of games, but I really don't think we've ever played a head to head Madden game, this should be good.

4. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

Tell him if he goes easy on you, you will do that thing he likes after the game :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  5. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Here are my predictions

Panthers vs. Texans
    Winner: Panthers 24-20

Chiefs vs. Raiders
    Winner: Raiders (Would help me with Home-field advantage and bye going into the playoffs) 34-28

Broncos vs. Dolphins
    Winner: Broncos (No one seems to be able to figure them out) 27-17

49ers vs. Steelers
    Winner: 49ers (Vernon Davis will be the difference maker) 38-35

6. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

@Keller

send me a invite Capp34 xSOGx

7. Keller

done

8. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

With an hour and a half left until Advance here are the games left to be played:

Steelers (Taken) vs. 49ers (Bringbackjimmy)

Jets (Areedr) vs. Redskins CPU

Seahawks (Seachicken) vs. Giants CPU

all other games are CPU vs. CPU

9. Keller

I was informed the Steelers and 9ers would be going to sim. I was also informed that Chicken would like to preserve his draft position so his CPU games will be simmed. The Jets got their game in.

10. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Cool, more or less just kinda giving people a heads up cause I know near advance we all get kinda a little excited about what games are left and sometimes we space on having a game so a little helper

11. stryder24

stryder24 Walk On

@Keller u are 0-4 on ur picks with me Keller. See u on the field on 2 weeks