Advanced to Week 14

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by HotRod, Oct 19, 2009.

1. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Advanced to Week 14

NEXT ADVANCE: THURSDAY, 5 PM EST

If your opponent is set to CPU do not play your game. People have to accept their invites.

Week 14: Games to Watch

Rams (6-6) at Titans (9-3)

The Rams, fighting to make their way into the playoffs travel to Nashville to face the AFC South leading Tennessee Titans. St. Louis is coming off a loss to Chicago, another playoff hopeful. The Rams are right in the thick of the NFC West race as well as a wildcard spot. They got nothing from star RB Stephen Jackson and will need him to have a good game if they want to win. The Titans are looking to stay hot and move closer to wrapping up their division as well as potentially receiving a first round bye. Tennessee will be looking to get Chris Johnson plenty of touches in this matchup.

Broncos (7-5) at Colts (7-5)

With both of these teams sitting two games out of their respective divisions, this game is very important for their wildcard hopes. The Broncos are looking to finish the season strong despite losing 2 of their last 3 games. Last week they lost to rival Kansas City 38-28. They really need their defense to get back on track in this stretch run. The Colts are losers of 2 in a row and hopes of a division crown look to be bleak. Fortunately they are right in the thick of the fight for that 2nd wildcard spot with the Broncos. Obviously because of the stakes this is a must win game for both teams.

Saints (7-5) at Falcons (6-6)

A huge NFC South game this week in Atlanta as the Saints come to town to face the Falcons. The Dirty Birds are coming off a bad 42-14 loss to the Eagles. Atlanta got away from their running game and that proved to be a bad decision as Matt Ryan threw 7 INTs. Look for Michael Turner to get much more of a workload this week. The Saints with their win last week are now holding onto first place in the division. They scored a 17-14 win over the struggling Redskins. There was no time to celebrate as they have to stave off the Falcons to widen their lead in the NFC South.

Chargers (9-3) at Cowboys (6-6)

This may be Dallas’ last stand as they have dropped 5 in a row and absolutely need to win to have any chance at the playoffs. They lost a close game to the Giants 35-32. Tony Romo threw 3 INTS to continue his struggles late in seasons. Romo really needs to finally step up for Dallas or this will be another season to end in disappointment. The Chargers are in a dog fight with the Raiders for the AFC West crown and for them this is a must win as well. San Diego whooped up on the Browns last week as the Charger D recorded 6 INTs. This should be a good game as both teams have a lot on the line.

2. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

HotRod, you can resend me an invite if you haven't already done so. Pretty much caught up with everything after vacation so can get back into this

3. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Yeah invite has been waiting for you since I booted you.

4. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

thanks man

5. DeepSeaInc

DeepSeaInc Guest

Is there a better way to communicate who is booted every week???

My problem is that when the week has advanced the past 2 or three times, I've seen a game against the CPU. The first time, the other user didn't accept until the day of the switch and we didn't get our game in. The next time, I was waiting to see if someone was going to take up the team again and it never happened, and now we're advanced.

Just trying to see if there's a way we can communicate who needs to wait vs who can play the CPU as soon as the week is advanced...

6. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Best thing you can do when you are unsure is to just PM me. I always send invites out to those booted the previous week, some people go MIA. I'm not going know where everyone is at all times so if I get a message from you or anyone else in that situation then I can get things figured out.

7. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

Do we have a new packers owner?

8. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Packers owner never quit, he went on vacation, he'll be back this Fri so go ahead and play CPU.

9. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

ok - so wait until near advance to play?

10. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    No go ahead and play CPU, not sure if you caught my edit but he won't be back until Fri so you have the green ligh to play the CPU whenever.

11. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Top post has been edited with Games to Watch report.

12. Romoisajedi

Romoisajedi Walk On

you are the man hot rod!

best commish EVER!!!

:)

love your updates,

13. Romoisajedi

Romoisajedi Walk On

hate the freaking iggles though ;)

14. trutest

trutest Walk On

what's ur status?

15. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Play the CPU JM, Juggs decided to drop out of the franchise.

16. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I don't know the reason for all these guys dropping and what not so I'm not making any reference to someone specifically or being critical of anyone, but everyone dropping out of the premier Madden league doesn't look so good for Tradition Football.

17. GoGators

can you set the browns to cpu? Shaun is moving and wants me to play the CPU.

18. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

This really sucks with everyone dropping like flies....People don't like losing or being out of it...thats why i said there should have been multiple 12-16 team franchises instead of 1 huge one...

19. GoGators

I think it's interesting that a lot of the guys that made the rules and are on the trade committee and stuff have dropped out of the league. Doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

Why did the cowboys drop?

20. RaveDown

RaveDown Get Worked

BBJ, Khaalis and JMS are still around but the majority of the guys who have dropped are TT1 guys :eek:

21. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

This isn't a shot at the TT1 guys that are dropping either. I have played with them and i know if they are qquiting it's not because of there win/Loss record.

he couldn't get a full game in and is to busy to keep trying to play multiple games

JMS, Kinger are still in they are TT1 me, Khallis, and mutt are TT2..

22. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

me and masler are playing tonight at 10pm est, please hold off advancing for our game