Advanced to Week 15

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Next advance will be Saturday around 4pm EST.

@Seachicken3 @NateDawg - what happened with your guys game?

2. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

conspiracy to keep me out of the playoffs...penalty both kicked for rest of regular season allowing me to play as their opponent to ensure they both miss the playoffs as result of fair punishment..

3. Keller

4. NateDawg

NateDawg GT- MIZ Nighthawk

Lol yeah that's it.

Same weird message from madden. It is so weird, it looks like a roster issue but my players are all back from the disabled list (on my team) so everything should be fine now.

5. Keller

@NateDawg It seems to always be happening with you so my guess is its something with your roster.

Whats the message again?

6. Subkontraktor

Subkontraktor Plays with Knives.

This may be totally irrelevent, but when fixing bugs like this, it's usually something simple that is just being overlooked.

I found a solution to my Jamaal Charles problems. He had been finding his way onto the field on defense, playing linebacker and safety at random times.

When I first put together my depth chart I tried to make my defense have the 11 guys I wanted on the field at all times.

For this, I had my top backup safety backing up both safety positions. I positioned my top 4 linebackers to be starters and first 2 backups at all 3 positions. I did this in quite a few spots.

Anyway, I think this caused Madden to not know who to sub in. The old Titans owner and I had a little argument over how often backups play. I think they play a lot more than we realize. I see A LOT of my defensive players get on the field. I'd guess that through an entire game, 20 players play on defense (this doesnt include special teams)

@NateDawg - maybe it's something simple like this. Maybe the franchise believes you have enough players, but something on the server disagrees and disallows your game to start. Maybe it's something totally different, who knows?

How close to the following is your roster ?

QB - 3
    RB - 3
    FB - 1
    WR - 5
    TE - 3
    T - 4
    G - 4
    C - 2
    DE - 5
    DT - 4
    OLB - 4
    MLB - 3
    CB - 5
    FS - 2
    SS - 2
    K - 1
    P - 1

If it differs, you might check it out. This is the default setup I've always known. I know you can be short by 1 player at some of these positions, but if you're one of the teams with salary cap issues and you have fewer players than most, maybe it does have something to do with this.

7. Keller

I actually was just doing something similar to this. Heres his roster breakdown.

T - 1 left 2 right
    G - 3 left 1 right
    C - 2
    WR - 4
    TE - 3
    QB - 3
    HB - 4
    FB - 1

DE - 2 left 3 right
    DT - 4
    OLB - 2 left 2 right
    MLB - 2
    CB - 7
    FS - 2
    SS - 3
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Heres mine

T - 3 left 1 right
    G - 2 left 1 right
    C - 2
    WR - 6
    TE - 2
    QB - 2
    RB - 3
    FB - 1

DE - 2 left 2 right
    DT - 3
    OLB - 1 left 3 right
    MLB - 4
    CB - 5
    FS - 1
    SS - 3

8. Keller

The only thing I can deduce from our lists is that maybe he doesn't have enough OT's? It might be but I don't know because your lists requires 4 G's but I only have 3. There may be a different system - I'm thinking it might be more like 1LG 1RG 1C and 5 total interior linemen. It may still be 4OT's though.

Other than that I see nothing wrong with his roster - though I do think that, that is still the issue.

9. Subkontraktor

Maybe it is OT... Tackles are a lot different than Guards and Centers.

Wish Madden would give some more details on the connection problems.

10. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

Its definitely SOmething with the Rams, we could not play either game this year, heck I couldnt even get Nate able to join a Chat, I was testing with Capparelli same time to eliminate myself from the equasion. ONe thought I would have would be have Nate drop, join as one of the CPU teams, and try and join that game. so we can determine if its Nate's connection somehow, or the specifi roster, then have him rejoin as the Rams, (the roster depth will be reset) dont fix the roster, and try his next game, and see if he can join before making roster changes.
    Thats all I got at this point.

11. Keller

Yeah those are excellent troubleshooting steps. @NateDawg lets see if we can iron this out.

12. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

I am thinking that the system is not used to reading the Rams in first place, and has a tough time trying to compute.

Lose a few games, and everything will work itself out.

13. sibellius

sibellius Too legit to quit

lol (y)

14. Subkontraktor

@Keller

Looks like Rams/Cardinals is the only game remaining.

@sibellius
    @NateDawg

You guys going to have to sim or going to try to figure things out.

15. sibellius

@Keller

Tried to play last night but I guess Nate couldn't get a ride home or something. He could only play during the day today but I was at work. I sent him a message about playing early tomorrow but I haven't heard anything back. I guess I'm cool with simming it so we don't have to hold up the rest of the league.

16. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

i am going to miss the playoffs due to nates connenction problem SMH..next yr i am playing the cpu...

17. Keller

If I hear from either you about a time when you're playing I can push the advance, if need be, a few hours - otherwise it'll be simmed.

@NateDawg

18. Subkontraktor

Shit.. I wasn't trying to push anyone into a sim... I thought the Rams had the same connection issues going in this matchup.

19. sibellius

Still haven't heard anything as of right now, I can't really wait around all day for him so I guess we probably have to sim unless you guys wanna hold off until he decides to get on here and lets me know whats going on.