Advanced to Week 15

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by fuzzyl0gic, Feb 28, 2012.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Advance Deadline: Thursday 11:59 PM EST

Good luck!

2. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Is there no cowboys user anymore?

3. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

No BBJ has stepped down and quit as the Cowboys so they are CPU.

4. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

thanks just wanted to make sure no one got added to them since then and i wasn't playing cpu when i wasnt supposed to be

5. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

No problem, definitely better to check rather than not too.

6. fuzzyl0gic

7. Masler

Masler Moderator

Keller, am I clear to play CPU Giants then..

8. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Unless Ford says otherwise, yes.

9. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

ford gave him the ok to play

10. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

Any status on replacing the Ravens? Or are we going to wait until next season?

11. Keller

Next advance is Saturday afternoon right? Don't be fuckin with my shit this time!

12. fuzzyl0gic

The deadline would be Saturday 11:59 PM EST. Of course we can advance earlier if everyone is done. I think keeping the advance time consistent like that will provide a maximum amount of time and predictability for people to schedule user games.

13. fuzzyl0gic

Is Gngsta4Lyphe officially back? I thought I saw him sign on live last night.

14. Keller

Keeping it Saturday during the damn DAY will allow people to play on both sides of the advance mang.

• Like Like x 2
  15. fuzzyl0gic

They still have Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday up until 11:59 pm est to play. I don't think the extra 6 hours or whatever is really that beneficial; especially if it means people can't get their games in. It's not giving people a full 48 hours from Thursday.

My game against capp34 would have been simmed if we advanced saturday evening, it was a very important game.

16. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

I work every Saturday and do not get home until roughly 7 PM. By advancing at 11:59 on Thursday Night, I am essentially only able to be available for one night of gameplay. I have always made it work,and have gone to great lengths not have games simmed, but what if my opponent wants to go out Friday night and is not available to play?

Only having one evening to play for an advance is limiting our options. Especially it being a Friday night where most people would go out if they chose to.

17. fuzzyl0gic

Yeah this is why I like having it at 11:59 Saturday; if you go out one night, cool. but you have two weekend nights to get it in, that should be plenty.

18. Keller

Just because it is good for some doesn't mean it is good for all. In the past, we always tried to advance in the middle of the weekend like that so that people could play 2 games in 1 day if they had to.

• Like Like x 1
  19. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

personally think it better the way we had it because if you limit to one night when you can play it between guys that is gonna cause more sims tbh

20. fuzzyl0gic

I think you have it backwards; advancing Saturday afternoon would be good for some, but not for all. Cite me specific instances where people were not able to play a game Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday before 11:59 PM EST because the advance was Saturday 11:59 PM EST and not in the afternoon. The are exactly 48 hours in between the Tuesday/Thursday advance, then 48 hours between Thursday and Saturday, and then 72 hours exactly between Saturday and Tuesday's advance.

But that is precisely what I'm NOT doing, I'm giving people 2 night to plays between Thursday and Saturday.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Keller

The mistake you're making is assuming the advances HAVE to be Tuesday/Thursday night.

If we can get the advance to Saturday afternoon, we can adjust the Tuesday advance accordingly and then the advance after that, and so on.

22. fuzzyl0gic

'If...adjust' are phrases I'd like to get rid of. I think if the advance times are consistent, it helps get the maximum number of games scheduled. The end goal is 3 advances per week, with the maximum amount of games played, right? If people perpetually need extensions (as I remember being the case under the old system), then people trying to schedule their game for the next week may just give up on playing the night of the advance and shoot for the following day because of the uncertainty.

23. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Personally, it is easier for me to schedule weekend games. As selfishly as possible, that means being able to play a Friday night game and a Saturday night game.

So, my personal preference would be this schedule:

Saturday - 12 PM
    Tuesday - 12 AM
    Friday - 12 AM

That basically allows 3 games per week, 1 Friday night, 1 Saturday night, one Tue/Wen/Thu night.

:)

24. Keller

I say take a vote and see what people want. When only a few people weigh in, as has been the case in the past, set it to whatever you think is best.

In the past though, people liked having an advance in the middle of the weekend.

In the end, it doesn't really matter to me. I'm just trying to do what I think is best but we've seen how thats worked out thus far...

25. Keller

This is essentially the point I'm trying to make.