Advanced to Week 2, S7

Discussion in 'Game Scheduling' started by Oshiomogho, May 7, 2011.

1. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

=============== #14 Air Force Falcons (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Air Force won 52-24 against Alabama (0-1).
    This week, the Falcons travel to Salt Lake City to face the Utah Utes (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Air Force targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RT Terrance Bowers has committed to Air Force
    - (****) LG Marvin Blanco has committed to Air Force
    - (****) WR Victor Novak has committed to Air Force

=============== BYU Cougars (1-0) ===============
    Last week, BYU won 49-17 against Baylor (0-1).
    This week, the Cougars are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following BYU targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LOLB Serge Green has committed to Colorado State
    - (***) RT Terrance Bowers has committed to Air Force
    - (****) WR Victor Novak has committed to Air Force
    - (***) CB Jonathan Chavez has committed to BYU
    - (***) RE Albert Harris has committed to BYU
    - (***) DT Mario Nelson has committed to BYU
    - (****) DT Brian Rucker has committed to BYU

=============== Colorado State Rams (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Colorado State won 38-10 against Colorado (0-1).
    This week, the Rams travel to Blacksburg to face the #15 Virginia Tech Hokies (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Colorado State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LOLB Serge Green has committed to Colorado State

=============== New Mexico Lobos (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Lobos were idle.
    This week, the Lobos travel to Laramie to face the Wyoming Cowboys (0-1).
    In recruiting news, the following New Mexico targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RT Sean Jamison has committed to New Mexico

=============== San Diego State Aztecs (1-0) ===============
    Last week, San Diego State won 46-25 against UCLA (0-1).
    This week, the Aztecs will host USF (0-0).

=============== UNLV Rebels (0-1) ===============
    Last week, UNLV lost 26-22 against Miami University (1-0).
    This week, the Rebels travel to Seattle to face the #17 Washington Huskies (0-0).

=============== Utah Utes (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Utah won 38-28 against Akron (0-1).
    This week, the Utes will host #14 Air Force (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Utah targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) DT Brian Rucker has committed to BYU

=============== Wyoming Cowboys (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Wyoming lost 28-0 against Texas (1-0).
    This week, the Cowboys will host New Mexico (0-0).

2. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

WOW BYU and AF!
    my recruiting board is setting up well for this point in the year but i didnt sign anyone yet!

3. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Advance Max: Monday @8pm EST

Face my "CPU Rival" Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, time to see what we're made of!

4. IrishBearcat

Boy did we find out we were made of, and it wasn't what we were hoping for. :(

It was just one of those games where you're on the road, your having a tough time even getting past the LOS on run plays and no time to drop back on pass plays. VT was a very good team, and the ole' HEISMANed would be a perfect way to describe the game. My brother was over to watch as I watched his game, VT was breaking every tackle even after putting conservative tackle on for the 2nd half. They have some speedy receivers as well.

The defense getting shredded really surprised me, perhaps we aren't as good as we were last season. I've got 2 true freshman starting, but that's due to their high ratings.

I finally hit a big play on a streak pass in desperation to score with 25 seconds left in the half. It was like the CPU laughed at me and turned around and broke 3 tackles for the score the next play! :mad:

We came back in the 2nd half, getting the ball game to 27-37 with a 2pt opportunity to make it a 1 score game. We didn't get the 2 point, forced another 3 and out and turned over on downs. Ended up losing 27-44.

Hopefully Penn State is a "friendlier" team lol. No time to keep our heads down!

5. IrishBearcat

The last game should be kicked of tomorrow sometime after 230pm EST. I'm hoping we'll be advanced by 4pm EST. Sorry for the delay fellas, BakerWildcat was trying to work it out so he could play Cougars but it just didn't matchup right with their schedules. We're gonna keep BakerWildcat on auto and let him play when he can till his new family routine gets settled with him having a new baby and all.

#2 Penn State next week does not look exciting. I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger to switching to the 3-4 after talking with Oshiomogho about defense all evening haha.