Advanced to Week 3, S5

Discussion in 'Game Scheduling' started by IrishBearcat, Mar 25, 2011.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Week 3 is here! Make sure everyone gets their week 2 summaries done. We have added a new member with Coach -Cougars- taking over just in time for Wyoming's kickoff of the season. Very pleased with the activity so faras well and I would like to see it sustained. Post your "weekly score & recap" in the Game Summaries subforum so we can see how your game went down. Thanks guys and good luck!

Advance Max: Sunday @6pm EST

[​IMG]
    =============== #16 Air Force Falcons (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Air Force won 41-0 against Michigan (0-1).
    This week, the Falcons will host #24 San Diego State (2-0).

=============== #14 BYU Cougars (2-0) ===============
    Last week, BYU won 49-0 against Utah State (0-1).
    This week, the Cougars are idle.

=============== #23 Colorado State Rams (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Colorado State won 18-14 against Auburn (0-1).
    This week, the Rams will host UCF (1-0).

=============== New Mexico Lobos (1-1) ===============
    Last week, New Mexico lost 34-7 against Tennessee (1-0).
    This week, the Lobos travel to Waco to face the Baylor Bears (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following New Mexico targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) FS Brad Dunn has committed to Hawai'i

=============== #24 San Diego State Aztecs (2-0) ===============
    Last week, San Diego State won 45-21 against San Jose State (0-1).
    This week, the Aztecs travel to Colorado Springs to face the #16 Air Force Falcons (2-0).

=============== UNLV Rebels (2-0) ===============
    Last week, UNLV won 52-17 against Nebraska (0-1).
    This week, the Rebels travel to Boise to face the Boise State Broncos (0-0).

=============== #25 Utah Utes (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Utah won 27-24 against Cal (0-1).
    This week, the Utes travel to Fresno to face the Fresno State Bulldogs (0-0).

=============== Wyoming Cowboys (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Wyoming won 37-10 against FCS Southeast .
    This week, the Cowboys are idle.

2. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

The Aztecs head on the road to take on the Air Force Falcons this week in what could be an offensive showdown.
    The Falcons hold the nations top offense through two weeks while the Aztecs are the only team anywhere near their pace. The Aztecs have the nations top pass offense, averaging roughly 40 more pass yards then the 2nd ranked Louisville Cardinals. However, the Falcons are the nations top rush offense, averaging an amazing 377 rush yards per game, 167 more yards then the next closest team. Both teams average roughly 40 points per game while getting there in drastically different fashion.
    Though the defenses seem to matchup comparably, the Aztecs have totalled 8 more sacks and 5 more turnovers through the first two games. The new look speed and scheme of the 3-4 defense this season has proved to be a major step forward in solidifying the defense. The fact that Air force has yet to turn the ball over through two games is also impressive and if the Aztecs can not make a stop, the game could get ugly early

I look for the Falcons to win, getting up 14 after the first quarter and forcing turnovers throughout. The hype of this game may be superficial although the Aztecs believe they may have a plan to slow the option offense. Last years meeting came down to a last second field goal to win by the Falcons because the option had was not at full speed and the pass offense was not ready for the defense. If the Aztecs can manage to get a lead and slow down the option, they may have a good chance at keeping the lead and forcing turnovers and find themselves as victors

3. IrishBearcat

@DMan22
    @fuzzyl0gic

Just a reminder to the guys still needing to complete week 2 game summaries. Nobody is behind as you only have to get it done before you kickoff your week 3 game.

A lot of games done already. I'll be getting my game done today, and I believe DMan should be getting his game in as well so expect an early advance today! :D

EDIT: Saw you had a bye week fuzzy, so you'll wanna do your week 2 summary soon.

4. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Just saying I will be out mostly all day, I'm letting you know ahead of time so I don't hold anything up I will try to get my game in though as soon as I get home today.

5. IrishBearcat

You have a bye week this week, so perhaps you're referring to next week? If so no biggie you have 48 hours after we advance, obviously the sooner the better.

6. IrishBearcat

DMan cannot play until tomorrow. He has until 6pm EST to get his game finished.

7. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

Elk, let Dman know that if he can play his game early on I will be up around 2p est and I could play my game before 5pmest....

8. IrishBearcat

I PMed you his cell # so you guys can get your game setup.

DMan is in-game right now, we'll be advancing before 12:30 PM EST.