Advanced to Week 3

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by HotRod, Nov 23, 2009.

1. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Advanced to Week 3

NEXT ADVANCE: SUNDAY 11:59 PM EST

Week 3: Games to Watch

Steelers (2-0) at Jets (1-1)
    *Game of the Week*

This game is being played amid trade rumors between these two teams. Word is that Pittsburgh had agreed in principle to send former defensive player of the year James Harrison to the Jets for RB Leon Washington. This trade is currently under review so it is unknown whether these players will be switching locker rooms for this game but it’s an awkward situation for both teams. The Steelers come on fresh off a 38-31 win over the Browns where their defense was the main offense. The Steel Curtain scored three touchdowns to make up for a struggling offense. New York also won last week thanks to a great defensive effort as they intercepted the Bills quarterbacks six times. Rookie QB Jack English has been steady so far but the Steelers D looks to bring the heat on him in this one, with or without Harrison.

Bears (2-0) at Patriots (1-1)

Don’t look now but the Bears are playing great football to start the season. Chicago is looking to reclaim the NFC North after watching Green Bay run away with the division last season. Under new HC BRUCE80 the Bears have been very efficient on offense. QB Jay Cutler has been careful with his passes only throwing 1 INT so far and we have seen the emergence of a pretty good RB duo consisting of Matt Forte and Fabian Spain. Last week the Chicago took care of the Vikings 36-6 and the monsters of the midway are feeling pretty good. The Patriots come in working with the same formula they have been using for the past few seasons, Brady and Moss. Last week the duo connected 9 times for 150 yards and a TD continuing what they had done so well last season. While some things stayed the same, they have incorporated more running into the game plan with rookie RB Larry Mata. Mata rumbled over the Ravens D last week for 104 yards and a TD. This should be a good matchup between two solid teams.

HotRod’s Power Rankings
    1. San Diego Chargers (2-0)
    2. Philadelphia Eagles (2-0)
    3. Miami Dolphins (2-0)
    4. Atlanta Falcons (2-0)
    5. Kansas City Chiefs (2-0)
    6. Houston Texans (2-0)
    7. Pittsburgh Steelers (2-0)
    8. St. Louis Rams (2-0)
    9. Chicago Bears (2-0)
    10. Dallas Cowboys (1-1)

2. trutest

trutest Walk On

nevermind

3. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Guys I will advance early Sat afternoon. I shoulda gave someone commish powers to advance since we have all our games done. Sorry bout that fellas.

4. trutest

trutest Walk On

Its ok, you lose DeSean for a week as punishment.

5. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    I'm having Ravedown recover my gamertag so we can get the advance today

6. trutest

trutest Walk On

wow that was fast.. i was only kidding about DeSean