Advanced to Week 3

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Hellisan, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Advanced to Week 3

Still no recruits signed. lol

2. jfosh

jfosh Super

Cal Done.

Cal had a tough road game against the #1 Alabama Crimson Tide.

The Tide came out guns a blazin. Completing 6 of 7 passes and just shoving it up our ass. They moved the ball at will racking up 450 yards offense. BUT.....3 fumbles in the first half cost them the lead and the game.

Vereen rushed for 189 yards and 3 TD's

3. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

USF wins a nail-biter at home against #16 Iowa. 24-21

Man, I still don't see how some of you guys are consistently blowing the CPU out. I swear this summabitch has it in for me. I had 3 redzone turnovers in the 1st half. Two fumbles and had Iowa do the pick where the WRs body is in front yet the CPU morphs inside to steal it.

We were down 21-7 at the half before BJ Daniels started connecting through the air and our RBs finally started to cash the Iowa D.

Our reward for the hard work? A matchup with Miami in Coral Gables right before 3 straight USER conference games. It's gettin' hot in Tampa!

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

IT is playing preety realistically for Wisconsin. I am pounding the running game. My pass defense is weak and the CPU is taking advantage so far. IT is very frustrating but that is my team...not much I can do. If I did have the running game this team would be mediocre. Unfortunately we probably wont go undefeated cause 1 wrong bounce or 1 bad break and we are going to lose.

5. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Yeah I was talking to Helli during my gave vs. Boise St. Them dudes were kicking my ass in the 1st half. Shredding my defense like I had 9 men on the field. Fortunately Kellen Moore ended up throwing 4 picks in the game and my offense was on point, but I still might have lost had it not been for the fact that Boise got greedy and threw a pass on a 1st down in FG position with 1:50 left in the game.

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

IT also seems like they always play better in the 1st half then in the 2nd. Seems like the Offensive Coordinator leaves town in the 2nd half.....weird.

7. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Name Pos Caliber Ht Wt Hometown OVR Comments
    Steve Young WR :3stars: 5'10" 183 Boca Raton, FL 70 Young is a squirt outta Florida who we expect to contribute early. Will see time as a freshman as the 4th WR. Dont be surprised to see Young used on designed WR runs from the spread: he's a talented runner and finished 2nd team All-State as a RB his JR year. 70 BTK, 75 Car, 76 BCV, 89 JMP, 88 SPD.
    Lee Singleton WR :3stars: 6'4" 234 Pompano Beach, FL 67 All-Region basketball player with a huge body. Will fight Steve Young to see the field, but may benefit from a redshirt. 87 SPD, 85 JMP.
    Chris Sherman TE :3stars: 6'1" 243 Carol City, FL 62 Bowling ball in the mold of former Florida TE Aaron Hernandez. 81 SPD, 74 JKM, 68 CTH, 79 RBK. Expecting alot out of Sherman later in his career.
    Joe McDougal FB :3stars: 6'1" 222 East Naples, FL 66 serviceable FB who will see time in some hybrid H-Back type sets. 79 STR, 82 AGI, 85 ACC, 75 BTK, 70 CAR, 64 CTH, 71 RBK, 7 PBK.

Any freshman balling for you guys? For me Joe McDougal is starting at FB. Not a world beater yet but he has very nice blocking skills and can make a catch if you need him to. Unfortunately he hasn't been getting a ton of work in our spread look.

Chris Sherman is my #2 TE and while his blocking leaves a bit to be desired the guy can get open and make the catch with a defender on his back.

Lee Singleton has been performing the most consistent of all the freshman so far. Singleton overtook Steve Young on the depth chart and has been starting as the #4 receiver. He isn't quite a burner but his 88 spd is still respectable and he is a nice foil to the 3 speedsters starting at the 1-3 spots. His big body helps him box out hasn't dropped a ball yet. He had a HUGE catch against Iowa on 4th and 16 down 2 scores in the 4th quarter.

8. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

The center I snagged Fuller is actually starting ...

[​IMG]

My OL just shook out better overall if I started Fuller and moved my would be starting center to RT. So far can't complain although he completely whiffed on a screen play against Juggy early on that lead to a DT on Luck before the HB even released lol.

MLB Porter made the roster as a backup MLB. Most of the rest were redshirted.

9. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

My number one recruit the 69 overall MLB is producing on special teams, other than that they are all dead to me.

10. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Of the freshman I actually kept the Ath James Jones is starting at DT and is playing well.

The others that were kept are all redshirts. (n)

11. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

DT Maxey who came in as 77 (OVR) is starting for me....
    CB Heinz who came in as a 72 (OVR) is starting as well.....

My most exciting recruit was a 88 (OVR) RB who transfered in, but must sit out the year.

12. BlyGilmore

Sweet Baby Jesus what a game.

Beat A&M 39-38 in overtime. They scored a second TD in overtime and I answered right back, then said fuck it and went for 2 to win the game.

Cahones mass grande. Snapped as soon as I got to the line too so I wouldn't think myself out of it.

Injury bug continues to hit Stanford hard. Lost my starting HB for most of the 3rd and 4th quarter. Lost my starting FS after he made an awesome pick in the end zone. That's in addition to my starting TE and WR #2 on the pine.

Freshman Big Daddy Wilkinson, all 212 pounds of my second HB, came up big though with over 100 yards rushing and the big 2 point conversion. If he didn't win the starting job he certainly won a lot more playing time.

13. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Nice Bly....who is fucking left?!?!?!

14. BlyGilmore

just shot Ryno a PM - its 12/12 in the Dynasty so I think we're good to go.