Advanced to Week 3

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by jfosh, Aug 30, 2009.

1. jfosh

jfosh Super

Advanced to Week 3

Only a couple days behind. In what felt like a week. I swear it wasn't.

But were back on track. Schedule your games.

What happened?

They dynasty file was corrupt. (I guess)

When I advanced the league it would sim user games that had been played.

It resulted in a loss for Florida. Had that not happened we all could have lived with it.

1st. We started week 2 over and everybody replayed their game. Steelah lost that time. We threw out the results simmed him a win.
    Advanced from that point and it simmed some user lossess again. This time 3 teams got losses.

Resouloution- Retired dynasty. Simmed all user games and recruiting. Advanced to week 3 offline. Rehosted dynasty.

That is were we are at.

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Hah... Take some credit.

He super simmed and played much of some of them just to make sure they turned out right, spent like 8+ hours on this tonight.

Sincerely, thanks Fosh.

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

thank you.............but damn week 2 was my best recruiting week ;(

4. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

1st off thanks for the hard work fosh. But are we certain it won't happen again?

Has anyone played yet? If not and someone is available, why don't have another user super Sim a game and have fosh advance to see if the correct score takes. Then retire and reupload week 3.

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

HOLY SHIT.

This just made me realize something that may be a part of the problem.

Ok first off, I don't recommend anybody does that.. There is still screwy things going on when you create an offshoot file dude. I had uploaded that end of the season file for JMS and I to check out. I tried to get into that to start catching up on my team's stuff (avid) and it kept bringing me into the present dynasty hosted by Fosh, no matter which one I selected of the two.

Then, I said o.k. fuckit, and I took it down. (figuring they would have fixed the shit from last year where it was tied to the dynasty it came from). but even though I clicked on that one and clicked retire, it booted me from the current one.

That happened the same week that this all happened.

6. jfosh

jfosh Super

That type of carzy stuff happened a lot last year but it was only a problem for the user hosting the side dynasty and would not effect the real dynasty.

But that is something to consider.

Both times when I advanced the dynasty something just did not seem right. I seemed to hang on Florida each time when It was uploading each user status to the server.

We also had problems in the off-season with Coleman's recruiting. (thats one of those the rich get richer and the poor get poorer)

I am hoping since the O.L.D file is starting from an entirely different file that the problem will correct itself.

7. jfosh

jfosh Super

All 3 user games set for tonight...we could advance if we all play our cpu games.

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I will be playing mine.

9. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

i'm not gonna be able to play until tomorrow. coached a practice this morning for the travel fall ball team i'm coaching and have plans tonight.

should be done first thing tomorrow after i get home from work tomorrow.

10. Kingerock

Kingerock I'm kinda a big deal...

I'll play mine shortly

11. jfosh

jfosh Super

What type of team?

12. jfosh

jfosh Super

Reminder to everybody in the dyansty do not save the file when it asks if you want to save every week. You must reload everytime you enter the dynasty.

13. jfosh

jfosh Super

I got a bad feeling about the advance, when i logged into the dynasty is said juggs had decided to retire but he is still in the dynasty. Above his name where it shows the last time you logged in it does not say user retired (that is were it would normally say that).

Juggs did you retire?

14. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I retired from the old one named "Tradition 2010" and accepted the invite to the new one names "herewegoagain". Was that not right?

15. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

see I did not do that....:confused:

16. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Well I didn't have a game this week...just recruiting. So if I wasn't supposed to do that, and was supposed to recruit in the file named "Tradition"...send me an invite Foshe and I'll do it tonite.

17. VaSteelah

VaSteelah Swollen Member

just to add.
    when Bruce and i were playing last night, we had 2 disco's. So i tried to invite him to a game and it said he was not part of the dynasty. Even after we rebooted it said the same thing. He could invite me no problem. Weird.

18. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I hate to suggest this...but maybe we'd just be better off starting over???

- We'd have a nice clean file, no corruption
    - Maybe the discos will stop since it would be a clean league file...maybe not.
    - We could no RS any players in year 1 helping the progression bug.

Would suck though that last month was a waste

19. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I think you guys will be okay. I would cut out all of that side-league stuff though. Seems like it's the route of all the problems, IMO.

20. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

To the best of my knowledge, that was just done once so JMS could get the end of season stats (or course, that's when all the problems began) and I think that file is retired

The other "side league" with a bunch of us is a totally different file with different teams/conferences, etc.

21. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

baseball - 13/14 senior travel team for the towns baseball association. i usually just coach in the spring but got roped into this by some parents of kids i've coached in the past.

22. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Having an offline side file is completely okay. It seems when you copy the existing dynasty and then host it again while the original is still live is when all the problems begin.

We save offline files as backups and I save one at the end of every season and offseason for records sake. Did it for '09 too.