Advanced to Week 6

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, May 4, 2011.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

We advanced a tad early. Next advance will be Saturday at 4pm EST.

Side note: The CPU AI is retarded. I could barely run the ball yet the CPU was stacking the box and playing bump every single play. That led to 6 bombs going for TD's, 3 to Lee Evans. I completed 6 passes for 373 yards and 6 TDs. Thats right, every single pass I completed went for a touchdown. There were 2 times when Lee Evans was literally uncovered. No safety, no corner... nothing. Why the AI does that is beyond me.

2. Keller

SINCE the podcast has not been very frequent as of late, I'm going to bring back the ol Chris Berman rundown.....

To get you in the mood....

[​IMG]
    ITS WEEK 6 FOLKS and the playoff races are beginning to take shape. NOBODY circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills but there is some new competition in the AFC. Can the Bills pull off the miraculous 3-peat? TIME WILL TELL! On to Swami Sez!

[​IMG]

The Bears are 4-1 and the Ravens are sitting pretty, undefeated at 4-0. The Ravens defense keeps getting older but they still have the #1 ranked rush defense in the NFL and with the explosive Sophomore Onaje Lewis and the addition of Frank Gore I like the Ravens in a barn burner by just a single point. WACCO FOR FLACCO IS THE SWAM!

[​IMG]

Two 3-2 teams fighting to stay alive in their divisions. I LOVE IT. The Falcons are always high on people's power polls but for some reason they just keep disappointing. I'm going to take the supercharged Falcons offense anyway but don't count out a once hapless Seahawk team. They came away with a very big late win against the previously undefeated, resurgent, Titans last week. It will be closer than the experts think!

[​IMG]

When Lions coach Capp34 left a surprisingly good and up and coming team in the Lions for his hometown Saints, everyone was shocked. The Lions were on a roll with the young head coach but for some reason, the Saints have yet to hit their stride sitting at 3-2. The Dolphins only loss came from the perpetually perturbed, defending Champion Buffalo Bills so you have to like the Dolphins coming into this game. BUT THE SWAM DOES NOT! The Saints have not been playing up to their potential but they are ready to really "get up" for a big game like this one so I will take Drew Brees in a tight game IF the Saints can contain DARTH Marshall.

[​IMG]

Simply put the 49ers, led by QB Roc Hargrove, the once actor turned NFL Quarterback from everyones favorite daytime soap opera All My Children, are for real. At 5-0 the 49ers look to be the NFCs next great wrecking ball but they will have to go through a vastly improved Tennessee Titan team coming off their first loss of the season at the hands of the Seahawks. Newsflash, Chris Johnson is still a Titan. I expect heavyweight slugfest and I'm even going to predict OVERTIME but you come to me for a reason - because I pick the winners. 49ers on the arm of Hargrove and the backs of their defense - if only by a hair.

[​IMG]

We always save the best for last and this week is no different. Its time for two perennial powerhouses to finally have a date with destiny. The Cowboys owner Jerry 'DoubleKill Rush' Jones is still absolutely fuming over a Hail Mary win some 7 or 8 or who the fuck knows how many season ago (Madden 10.) Both teams sit undefeated, undeterred and are ready to take the gloves off for this matchup. The teams consummated this past offseason's biggest trade - who got the better end of the deal? We'll FIND OUT. I'm going to take..... THE RAIIIIIIDAAAAHHHSSSSS.

TUNE IN NEXT WEEK FOLKS!

3. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Roc Hargrove rated 10 points higher than the next closest passer...He flew under the radar untill the Bills game last yr(some even laughed at the 49ers for going with him) and now is just doing what he does best Dominating.

4. Keller

We did laugh at him - and we were apparently wrong. He's still a former day time soaps star in my eyes ;)

5. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I had an epic game with the Bears, is he on the boards at all? It was quite the defensive battle; both QBs threw 4 INTs each! Talk about an ugly day passing. A late Ed Reed interception put the game out of reach for the Bears, and the Ravens come out on top 28-21. A full detailed game summary will be on the way when I get some time this weekend.

6. Keller

@Mike doesnt visit the boards too often but if you tag him enough maybe he'll pop in every now and again