Advanced to Week 6

Discussion in 'Rookie Symposium' started by kdpnutter, Oct 3, 2012.

1. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

We have advanced to Week 6, from here on out any failure to do a summary for a game will result in player suspensions. Next Advance is Friday @ 10 PM PST

Also if you need ideas for content, let me know I will be glad to give them out. I will be doing one or two pieces this weekend.

Thirdly, I am instituting a new warning system. Failure to schedule your game over the course of a week will give you a warning, if you do not schedule your game for the next week you will be removed from the league. It's not that hard to hop on and schedule your games guys. I work an 80 hour week for the Army but still find the time to try and be active on here and answer messages or questions or anything. It does not clear you to go one week of not scheduling, then schedule the next just to go back to not scheduling. Everyone knew the rules when they joined that scheduling and playing games is part of it. Especially if I see you on Xbox and fail to answer a message at least or playing a different game and not trying to schedule here. I mean come on guys, we have some really good solid owners and I'm gonna do everything I can to make sure to do the best I can for those owners, including bringing in new owners to take spots of old owners who did not/are not doing the job.

List of Warnings for Week 6:
    New York Giants (RadarRider)
    Philadelphia Eagles (itsisiah)
    San Francisco 49ers (mawan74)
    Cincinnati Bengals (Makoewler13)

Fast Feet Pete
    Aspect1
    MS8403
    SFRANGER6969
    MartyBall101
    LB Fitted
    NateDawg
    Gngsta4Lyphe
    Snozberriez8198
    RRAHx2
    kdpnutter
    Matthew Keves
    Makoewler13
    RichFire956
    SmashMouthFB33
    nellycuz
    The Rulah
    CTfromDC
    Boman5
    Elemnt
    sschevyridah
    GDip
    RadarRider
    Selvy9
    Sarvinator
    oneshot24
    mawan74
    iTsIsiah
    tkc150
    Troy J.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  2. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Best luck this week to everyone, and let's see some good games. (y) Also this is to let everyone know that games are now 7 minutes. Games are taking too long and the accel clock is not working so I am dropping to 7 minutes this week in order to try to alleviate this issue of long en-gated and high scoring games.

Fast Feet Pete
    Aspect1
    MS8403
    SFRANGER6969
    MartyBall101
    LB Fitted
    NateDawg
    Gngsta4Lyphe
    Snozberriez8198
    RRAHx2
    kdpnutter
    Matthew Keves
    Makoewler13
    RichFire956
    SmashMouthFB33
    nellycuz
    The Rulah
    CTfromDC
    Boman5
    Elemnt
    sschevyridah
    Troy J.
    GDip
    RadarRider
    Selvy9
    Sarvinator
    oneshot24
    mawan74
    iTsIsiah
    tkc150

3. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

Game summaries are the responsibility of the winning team, yes?

4. Elemnt

Elemnt Walk On

In for an answer on this. Should it be discussed between the players who does it or does winner always do it? etc

5. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

Winning team, and the loser is highly encouraged to comment after the summary is posted.

6. The Rulah

The Rulah Walk On

Are we close to having a user for the Vikings or should I just go ahead and play the computer?

7. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

Exactly. You guys need to get into the mode that it's highly encouraged and even expected that you contribute more than just playing your games and reading what other people write. There are plenty of things to discuss, even if it's just commenting on other guys' articles to start until you get yoru own idea.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Elemnt

Elemnt Walk On

Is there a way to go on the connected careers and see drive breakdowns like nfl.com does for live games? Even right after the game if I were to do a breakdown I would get sequences messed up. My capture card died and is getting RMA'd but should be in, in a week from now and then it will be easy to post info because i can just rewind.

9. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Yes, play the CPU I have recently filled two holes and have two more to go, being the Vikings and Titans.

10. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  11. Elemnt

Elemnt Walk On

kdp is all over this shit. I love it. I just can't wait for us to have a consistent 32 man crew so we can really get comfortable with each other and begin to talk trash. At this point talking trash comes off as arrogant douchery because no one really knows each other or has developed a sense of community.

Thanks to being on top of it kdp, its much appreciated by at least 26 of us :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Elemnt

Elemnt Walk On

o_O Giants added to the list? I thought technically he was our commish? I know you've been doing well.... everything but ouch.

13. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

I agree...Giants on the list? whaaat? what's the word with ol radarrider

14. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

RadarRider is no longer with us as real world is taking up too much time for him at the moment and gaming is to overwhelming he stated. I will be looking for someone to take the reigns while I am away getting settled into deployment. I know we have a good amount of solid owners and I don't want to see the league fall apart or suffer because I am away for deployment. Basically just needing someone to oversee things and keep the league running smooth.

I realize I can be harsh as a commissioner but I believe I am pretty fair as a commissioner, I understand that and it's just my personality. I want to see this league succeed and we have a good solid group of core guys so I will do what I believe is best for the league. As always communication is huge to me so any issues or questions please feel free to let me know (y)

15. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

and there is no way we could switch to an available team?! :(

• Like Like x 1
  16. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I have had a few people ask me about this, so I am going to think about it and weigh my options on it and what to do with that idea. Especially since EVERYONE seems to want to be the Giants or 49ers.

Also at this point just a reminder advance is tonight to everyone who has yet to get there game in.(y)

Fast Feet Pete
    Aspect1
    MS8403
    SFRANGER6969
    MartyBall101
    LB Fitted
    NateDawg
    Gngsta4Lyphe
    Snozberriez8198
    RRAHx2
    kdpnutter
    Matthew Keves
    RichFire956
    SmashMouthFB33
    nellycuz
    The Rulah
    CTfromDC
    Boman5
    Elemnt
    sschevyridah
    Troy J.
    GDip
    Selvy9
    Sarvinator
    oneshot24
    iTsIsiah
    tkc150
    Griffinator

17. Brandon S.

Dont see the problem in switching to a team that is available, since someone else is going to do it anyways. If the skins ever become available id love to switch to them, im sure the Giants or 9ers fans want to play as their favorite team. I dont want to switch to any of those teams, only the skins, but i figured if i kept pressing the subject now you'd consider it in the future if the skins become available ;)

18. Elemnt

Elemnt Walk On

Just throwing this out there as a member of the league:

Only reason I recommend we allow a switch is if we have someone who is actually a diehard fan. If this is a sim league then team quality shouldn't matter because over time we can overcome that. If i had my choice of team to play with its 49ers, Eagles, then Panthers. Why? The quality is stupid on the 49ers. So fun to play with. So obviously everyone would want them a little bit from that perspective.

So I propose the idea if we let people switch they need to send and post up some legit fan gear that they are decked out in, pictures at the games, ticket stubs etc. If you're a fan without all that memorabilia and evidence then gtfo in my opinion because its SO MUCH easier to fill a spot of the giants and 9ers quality than it is the lambs or browns.

Then maybe allow it to go to a vote if there is only one person. Because I've been in sim leagues before and not got to be the panthers and just cringed everytime i played them or saw them speak, haha. So I know what its like as a fan. In the case there are multiple legit fans of the team, then I don't mind setting up a small "single elimination tourney" to happen in very short order where they play each other as the same team. Winner gets the team.

Not saying any of this has to happen etc but just giving my 3 dimes.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  19. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I do appreciate the feedback in regards to it, and yes it is easier to fill a spot for the Giants and 49ers than it is for someone else. However, I guess my thinking is for me it is sometimes nice not to be your favorite team. I mean for me it is tough playing the Patriots but I also enjoy the challenge of taking a bad team and trying to be competitive and build them up. I do understand wanting to be one of your favorite teams. I take all thoughts and opinions on subjects into consideration so I appreciate the feedback and thoughts. I will figure it out before tonight's deadline if I am going to allow people to change teams or not and if there is any requirement to it. (y)

20. Elemnt

Elemnt Walk On

Yeah your statement makes complete sense it just doesn't apply in anyway to this situation. 49ers and Giants need little to no building up. At this stage of the game with it being out over a month the odds of finding someone that wants to struggle with a crappy rated team vs have instant jump in ability with a better team is going to be one sided.

21. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

I'm a Texans fan, but choose not to play with them in leagues because frankly, they are TOO good. So I understand what you're saying completely kdpnutter and in regards to switching teams, I think that would be unfair because a) if more than 1 person wants the same team there is no fair way to say who gets it. b) if your team is having a bad year it isn't fair to switch to a better team and have a newcomer take over your squad. I think off-season switching would be more fair, as opposed to a mid-season switch. Also, it's great to see you giving people the boot! Gotta keep only the good people and drop the seasonal's.. just my .02

22. Brandon S.

its easy for you to take a bad team instead of the patriots, as a skins fan, ive suffered through years of Campbell, McNabb and Grossman in madden and finally we get RG3 and guess who isnt the skins anymore? This is just my stance on allowing team switches to available teams.

23. Brandon S.

Also, what if your current season record was better than the team you switch to? if it was midseason.

24. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

See thats what I mean it's completely circumstantial. But either way makes no difference to me.

One problem I could see is if.. Team A wants Team B, then Team C in turn wants Team A, then in turn, Team D wants Team C.. etc etc. Just saying it could get into a big cluster of team switching real quick, but again I am just stating my opinion as I have NO say in the outcome what-so-ever. It makes no difference to me as to whether it's allowed or not, just contributing some co-owner thoughts.

25. Elemnt

Elemnt Walk On

I hear that. Post season switching and do a "keeper" style would be cool. If teams don't care to stay the same team they can give it up and switch or something.