Advanced to Week 8

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by HotRod, Aug 11, 2009.

1. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Advanced to Week 8

Can we get a little more blog action going on? If you don't know how to navigate it let me know.

Storylines:
    Can Ravedown's Kansas St. team continue to stay undefeated?
    Will Mississippi St. be able to handle Florida?
    Big SEC and BIG 12 User game showdowns.
    Can Jman get the Blue Devils back on track?

USER GAMES
    Colorado (mcyork) at Kansas St. (Ravedown)
    Vanderbilt (HotRod) at South Carolina (Blaza)
    Texas A&M (Eagles) at Texas Tech (Marcman)

CPU GAMES
    Arkansas (Pryor) at Ole Miss
    Boston College (Matrix) at Notre Dame
    Maryland at Duke (Jman)
    Florida at Mississippi St. (1ke)
    Georgia Tech at Virginia (Cribbs)

2. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

hey Hotrod I have a problem with the blog. The Trifecta tab doesn't work it brings up TF1 the duece is on there but we aren't. also I can't find my last entry do they archive?

3. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

The Miss St coach has come out and said that this Florida team is the best team he has ever seen! They just want to survive. It might be mind games though.

4. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Played a great one last night against Blaza. I won a 44-39 shootout. Definitely not a typical SEC game. Lots of offense and both of our defenses struggled. My D line got zero pressure the whole game giving his QB all day to throw. Blaza had a great passing day while most of my big offense came on the ground with my 2 back system. Funny thing is Blaza almost won after he had one play left and about 88 yards to go. I run prevent and conservative defense and throws it to his receiver on the sideline. My corner goes to knock it down but the ball goes right through his hand. Next thing I know his receiver is running down the sideline. Had it not been for a shoestring tackle Blaza might have scored. In 09 that would have definitely been a TD. Thank God for toned down speed!

5. RaveDown

RaveDown Get Worked

Shit, it seems that everyone of your user games have been close.

6. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Yea, everyone seems to be around the same skill level, its awesome.

I know you'd whoop my arse though Rave, like you did in 09.

7. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Yeah it's tough to blow any users out with Vandy, we have limited talent for my play style. I can put up points despite the fact that the offensive talent is not to my liking but my defense is downright dreadful. Basically I have to make sure I put up at least 35 points or else I'm going to lose. I need to check my averages when I get home. I'm sure I average somthing like 40-44 PPG but give up like 35. It's ugly but damnit, we're 7-1 and leading the SEC East. Not bad for lowly Vandy!

8. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Guys, I already talked to HR about why I'm going to have a restart. I had some pretty serious family issues (phone call came while I was playing) and am/have been dealing with that.

I will get the game in tonight though, we moved out second practice of the day to 4-6PM so I'll be home alot earlier and will have some time before I have to deal with some more things.

Thanks guys.

9. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Hey J hope everything is OK... restarts here don't bother me to much I think we all play above board.

10. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Can I just say one thing....

I F*****G HATE MY F*****G TEAM!!!!!!

I had Florida, had em! My senior RB/Impact Player/Best player on the team had two lost fumbles both inside Florida's 5 yard line. My QB had 3 picks, and a fumble. My defensive backs had 9 swats between them, but ZERO ints. My WR's had a combined 10+ drops for the game. Tebow went 14-34, alot of yards but didnt really do much.

I had no chance to win when the turnovers were 7-0 in favor of Florida. I was pissed to say the least. ugggghhhh

11. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

HotRod, i know my board involvement hasn't been great but once fall rolls around i'll be one of the more active on here. I take on a 2nd job in the summer along with my fulltime job, and a wife. Did i mention i manage a baseball team? Little league? No... Fantasy league. To be honest i checked out the blog thing real quick and it looked confusing as hell and haven't had time to really look at it yet.

12. Jman

Great way to add to the already bad week.

Lost 34-35 to Maryland. With lots of recruits there.

Duke is going 1-11.

13. Jman

OK, so, after calming for a minute, I'm not that upset.

I'm a C- in the ACC for fucking sakes! The fact that I've been as close in ans many of the games as I have is a miracle.

I return a TON and if I salvage my recruiting class, my D will be WAY better (Can't get worse as I'm starting NUMEROUS sub 70 OVR's)

Oh, and Boyette ran 25 times for a school record 243 yards and 4 TD's putting him at 164 for 904 and 9 with a SHITTY supporting cast....but he is a senior...

I figure it can only go up from here...well...I guess I could go 0'fer :(

14. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Hey guys Rave and I have started our game 2 and been kicked off 2 only in the 1st qtr maybe 2nd on one we will see if we can get it in tonight? We are gonna try tomorrow night

15. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Hopefully this shit gets better, are you reporting the drops in the other treas in the locker room?

16. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

WOW! That was a 1st! Played my entire game with out a QB! My starter was hurt for 3 weeks prior to my game vs Eagles and my back up got hurt for the game on my very 1st play on an option. so he never even threw a pass. So...3 WR's and a HB subbed in for QB. It killed me on 3rd downs. GG EaglesIrish

17. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Thanks Rave for the beat down that is. Shit I couldn't do a thing against him. GL with the rest of the season. Colorado is just looking to make a bowl and finish ahead of the Dukies (sorry Jman)!

18. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Damn ain't that a bitch. Did you redshirt your other QB or something?

19. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Waiting on Cribbs and Pryor. Cribbs I know you have had a busy work week, let me know if you need to be put on Autopilot. Pryor you haven't signed in in a couple days, seen you online so hopefully you get your game done tomorrow. Would like to advance tomorrow evening. Our pace has been kind of slow compared to TT1 and TT2.

20. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

I was SHOCKED at how well the band of misfits that Marcman ran out at quarterback threw the ball. His defense kept him in the game and if his RB didn't fumble multiple times could have and should have beat me.

I am impress with your skills Marcman.

21. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Late on this, but yeah this game was a classic. I don't have it in front of me but I kicked a TON of field goals. I think I had 4 on the day (which is ironic because I missed 3 against Alabama in a crazy rainstorm and lost by 3 :( ). The difference was redzone scoring for sure. I probably got to the redzone 2 or 3 more times but had to keep settling for field goals while HotRod was able to punch it in more times than not. A huge play in the game was a 4th and 4 in the 3rd quarter. I had decent coverage for once and then got burned when the Vandy QB tucked it for about 10 yds. I was just getting some momentum and that really broke our backs.

I was impressed with what my QB Stephen Garcia brought to the table though. He severely sprained his angle in week 3 and was still listed as questionable for this game. His backup, Aramis Hillary had performed valiantly over the past few weeks, but I decided to give Garcia a run out and he performed well. I think he had 250+ with a couple of scores and no picks. He also had a few nice option keepers. Luckily he is just a Sophomore. *Sidenote, I'm furious with the way EA rated Garcia's speed. He was a top dual threat quarterback out of high school and from watching all of his snaps, he should be at LEAST 80 speed, probably closer to 85. EA gave him 74. :(

22. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Your QB def had about about 350 yard passing. Way to underestimate your stats Blaza! The whole game I was like damn, are my corners going to make ANY plays? Shit.

23. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

LOL, yeah I couldn't remember exactly how many he had and didn't want to overestimate. I like the passing game this year. I was talking to Helli the other day and he was saying he felt like all the QB's played the same. I don't know if I agree. My backup has like 87 THP and 88 THA, while Garcia has like 91 THP and 88 THA. I could definitely tell a difference with Garcia's throws. He's able to get more zip behind them and I feel more comfortable fitting a ball into a small window.

24. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    BTW Pryor, wherever you are please play your game today. I really don't want to get to a point where I have to sim your game since you are undefeated but also don't like the pace slowed down like this every week because of a CPU game. Hopefully you are aware that we had advanced because you haven't checked in since 2 days ago.

25. Pryor 2

Pryor 2 Guest

Yeah, I am aware and my internet has been down since monday when we got a huge storm that rolled through here. My game will be in today