Advanced to Week 8

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Basis4aDay56, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Advanced to Week 8

We've made it to the halfway point of the season!

Four teams have byes this week.

Only user game on tap: Notre Dame @ Florida State

You have until Saturday, 10/24 at NOON eastern to get your games and recruiting in. I made it a longer deadline rather than a shorter one because I am going to be gone Friday night, potentially overnight. If we get done the week before noon Friday, I'll be able to advance before I leave.

Good luck!

2. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Just wanted to say how awesome this dynasty has been so far. The speed is QUITE good and doing the blog stuff is REALLY enjoyable. Thanks again for having me in here fellas. (y)

3. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Basis,

I just got word from Wildcatter that his wife is going in to labor today so he'll be out of touch for several days. He asked if it would be possible to wait to advance until Sunday but said he understood if we must move on.

4. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Who does Nebraska play?

It's a long wait from Tues night til Sun, but depending on who he plays I wouldn't be opposed to Basis making sure his game results in a win. An OFFL baby shower gift. Doesn't help him with recruiting, but I don't think he needs help there the way he's tearing it up so far.

5. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Would the league be okay with me signing in under his GT to recruit and play for him? I know we were going to allow someone to do that for Cole but was not sure if it'd be the same if the person filling in was from the same dynasty.

6. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Honestly, that would be fine by me. Just don't fuck your Big XII North counterpart out of spite! :D

I think he might have a bye, to be honest, so the point may be moot. We'll play it by ear and see how everything plays out. It would be pretty brutal to go from Wednesday - Sunday without advancing. I hope I'm right and he is on a bye.

7. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

I think he'd rather me play it and recruit than chance it with a sim and have no recruiting...He hasn't let me know what he wants to do yet. Plus, he may be able to do his stuff before SUN. His wife should be home from the hospital by FRI or SAT if all goes as planned.

Either way, he's fine with us advancing without him if that's what is decided...

8. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

We likely won't wait that long JHeb. He is playing Texas, so I encourage you to do his recruiting and pulverize Texas getting some sort of redemption on those that you hate so dearly!

9. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

I'm fine with JHeb signing in and playing/recruiting. Normally I'd probably say just recruit for him and let the game be simmed, but under the circumstances he deserves a better shot at a win.

10. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

I concur.

11. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

And you're both assuming that a "better shot at a win" is to have JHeb play for him instead of the CPU?!?!?!?!?

That didn't work out so well for OU!

12. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Thanks Jello! The truth is the truth...

Anyway, the baby boy is here, healthy as can be. Looks great! Anyway, he said he'd likely be able to get his stuff in Friday. I'll follow up with him today or tomorrow to see what he wants to do as it pertains to me playing and recruiting for him.

13. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Okay cool! If you get set up to play and recruit for Wildcatter, you have the go-ahead to do so.

14. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Any update JHeb?? Lot's of games currently unplayed so there is a chance that we will make it until Sunday. Let me know what you and Wildcatter are discussing so that we can figure out a plan of action when you get the chance.

Thanks!

15. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I am going to try to get mine in tonight before my cable is turned off for the move.

16. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

Nebraska has a great week versus Texas with a dominating 38-3 victory. I will try and get a good writeup done this weekend. Go Huskers!