Advanced to Week 9

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

We advanced a few hours ago. Next Advance is Monday night.

2. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

fuzzyl0gic

When you wanna get this game in Im available anytime on the weekend.

3. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Can you play in about 30 minutes? 8:45 pm EST. I'll be on live looking for you.

4. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

Not at home at the moment but I can go at 9:45 EST

5. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

hoppedupford

I can go tonight from 845 ish EST start time until 10 EST start time . Let me know

6. fuzzyl0gic

That works.

7. sibellius

sibellius Too legit to quit

Keller

Thanks for lending me Evans for 2 weeks. Already out for the season :mad:

• Like Like x 1
  8. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

i can go sunday after 7pm pac

9. Keller

Dang that sucks - sorry man

10. fuzzyl0gic

I feel ya man. My shiny new blocking TE Gronkowski goes out for the season with a fractured elbow last week against the CPU. Terrell Suggs is also out for 8 more weeks with a broken collarbone.

11. Keller

You guys should have seen me last season - i had like 7 starters out at one point.

12. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

Both starting safeties out since week one. 4 weeks and 3 weeks left. just as i hit my human games. Expect to get torched.

13. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

Sounds good 10 EST Tonight.
    hoppedupford

14. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

Well its 10:45 EST time and no response from you... I have to work in the morning at 5 am so I am not waiting forever. If you do not respond by 11, please drop from the league this week so I can play the computer tomorrow night. I am not going to rearrange my night 3 nights in a row and stay up later than I should to just to get this game in. I have made the sacrifice two nights in a row. I stayed up until 10 last night waiting to see if you can play with no response, then again tonight when you said you were available, you have been a no show/ no response.

hoppedupford
    Keller

15. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

Ok so its 11:25 and still no signs...

I am calling it a night.I will be on tommorow at 8pm EST to play this game. If you are not able to make that time, please remove yourself from our league this week, so I can play the computer tommorow . I have limited time to play since i am not going to stay up 3 nights in a row to get less than 5 hours of sleep.

If you are not going to be there at 8 pm EST, spare me the frustration of having to chase down keller to boot you.

hoppedupford
    Keller

16. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

Still no reply. I just checked and you still are in our league ... So my guess is you have not read any of these posts or you have read these posts (didnt feel the need to respond) and will be there to play at 8 pm EST.

Either way, make sure you either show up at 8pm EST or remove yourself from the league if you cant make it.

hoppedupford
    Keller

17. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

You guys ended up getting this in correct? I talked to him yesterday and he said he got home later than expected sunday. He doesnt have a smart phone that can get online and post with

18. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

Yes, We ended up getting hte game in. I am a General Manager of a breakfast/brunch restaurant that requires me to be there by 5 am EST(up by 4 am) 5 days which always includes the weekends. So with this quick advanced schedule we got going, I have to make some sleep sacrifices to get my user games in when I play someone on the West coast. So a typical 8 pm west coast game is a 11 pm game for me, ending at midnight or so. DO the math I only get 4 hours of sleep at most.

So you can understand my frustration, if I wait to play the game, and it doesnt happen.

In the past it wasnt as big of a deal because I had 3 to 4 days to schedule it and I can typically schedule it for the night in which my day off followed.
    I have been know to even schedule it at 3 am EST time and wake up early to play.

19. Keller

I understand your frustrations - he's new so he's not aware of how we do things just yet. I'm sure Jmustang will fill him in on what to do when he can't make a scheduled game and such. Life happens - it doesn't sound like it was malicious or he was just blowing you off or anything. Sorry for the inconvenience regardless

20. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I think it was mostly an east/west coast deal. That and he was out and doesnt have a phone that can access internet to get on the site and post. He said he was about 45 min late but of course that is super late for antcap24 . He has been in madden leagues with me before but not an online franchise, so he knows the drill. He has a lot of free gaming time, but his nature of work, he is on call often and also has a young son. But typically he has the free time to get in games no problem.

21. Keller

We will work with him to get something figured out - if he has to call you and then you post or call me or email or just anything to notify people that he's late, it'll be better than nothing. Maybe he can text or something?

22. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

He and I talked and everything is cool. I think I let the lack of sleep get to me this week because it was a stressful week at work being shorthanded. He seems like a cool guy in which things just didnt end up working out for us that Sunday and I lost my cool.

All is good.

23. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

Is there a spot we can leave our phone number for texting reasons?

24. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

ya I could have him do that

25. Keller

We had that but no one uses it - its in the original owners thread