Advanced to Week 9

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Fuzzy advanced us last night though I'm not sure what time it was. It looks like some people got their games in.

Gngsta4Lyphe - I think you should probably remain dropped out until you figure out whats wrong with your disc. Let me know what you'd like to do.

As for the rest of you knuckleheads, our advance will be late Friday night and the following advance will be Sunday night so buckle your chinstraps cuz the playoffs are coming quickly.

As for a discussion topic, how much longer would you guys like to run this? Just something to think about/discuss...

We will obviously be getting another season in after this one but, what about after that? It took us about a week to do the offseason and we should have rolled through about 14 weeks fFrom January 26th to February 26th, assuming we stay on schedule. Conservatively, we should start Season 4 before the 2 month mark, so its safe to assume it takes us about 2 months per season. That means season 4 starts March 26th and Season 5 would start May 26th. Season 6 July 26 and in order to run until completion, would have to run until Sept 26th - seeing as how that would bleed into Madden 13 I'm guessing we will have drunk our fill of Madden 12 before then. Thats just my expectation though, what do you guys think?

2. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

All the Way till Madden 13 comes out

3. Keller

Right but the issue will be if we start a season prior to that coming out, we need to make sure we can finish it. So is it really all that great of an idea to go for Season 6 when it will run into the release of Madden 13? I don't think it is.

4. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

we should do 5 seasons and could have a NFC v AFC tournament after that? similar to golfs ryder cup 16 afc guys play 16 nfc?

5. Keller

Maybe - depends on how interest is. We may jsut do some 3v3 get togethers or something too.

6. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

not to be a buzzkill, but I doubt I would participate in a tournament

7. SimFBallCritic

SimFBallCritic Walk On

I say run it until M13, keep it going. As for 13, how are the teams set up when you go to a new game? Would we all keep the teams we a have or is it open? I sure would like to get a chance to run with my Steelers, but if not I'm good.

8. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

AFC vs NFC tourney after 4-5 seasons sounds good, honestly can't say i'm a huge of the 3v3 games.

9. Ghost

yea i rather nfc afc tourney

10. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

I think switching up teams would be prudent for a number of reasons. I understand some loyalties might exist with owners who have been around longer than others, but a randomized team draft would be my choice. Keller

• Like Like x 2
  11. bjbdahitman

bjbdahitman Andy Reid to KC... Finally a real coach...

I say run it out and we'll see where we are at around September... I'm having a blast took awhile to get used to the forum... But this is truly a fun league

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  12. Keller

This isnt a discussion about how we will do team selection for M13, lol. That said, people that don't have "their" team will always want to switch and people that do will generally want to keep their team. While I realize the Bills aren't a popular team, the league would pretty much be zero fun if I didn't have them - in fact I would probably not even play. Maybe thats not fair to the new guys who got stuck with some team they didn't want but we can't please everyone - someone is going to be left out in the cold. What we generally do is give the original owner the right to maintain ownership, if they so choose. If they want to switch teams, they can contact the owner of the team they want about switching. Given that there will be plenty of owners that should want to switch, there should be a decent amount of teams open that people can swap to.

13. Ghost

in M13 i would want the eagles just saying lol

14. Keller

So you can scramble with Vick? Riiiiight.

15. Ghost

-_- no that's my favorite team

16. Keller

FYI Trade Deadline is probably next week - forgot to mention that earlier.

17. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Thank you Jesus.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Keller

It was supposed to be fuzzyl0gic's job to remind me this season.

19. SimFBallCritic

SimFBallCritic Walk On

Keller I would probably stay with the Eagles, I don't if Shaun Mason we come off the Steelers. Plus, we will be playing with current Rosters for M13, that makes your teams different right off the bat.

20. Keller

Shaun is a Browns fan so that is up to him about the Steelers - I'm sure there are other Steelers fans as well though.

Also true that the rosters will be totally different.

21. Ghost

if Shaun goes to browns and Sim goes to steelers i would love to have the eagles

22. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

Fixed.
    Interesting take.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Thank god for trade deadline. And ya If I didn't have the Lions I would be out as well lol

24. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Pretty sure i wont get colts

25. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I want the Browns next year.

That said, we are going to need 5 Madden Leagues next year at least...watch.

• Like Like x 2