Advanced to Week Two ...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BlyGilmore, Sep 16, 2012.

1. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

We're now in week two. Didn't get a chance to look at the schedule so I'll post HvH games later today.

Again ... even though you are playing with one player we're striving for realism. Even if that means things like doing HB Sub for a few plays.

For instance we had a player tie the NFL record for carries as a halfback in one game. As a 74 overall player, who set his person record in real life with 21. And on the Patriots with Brady only throwing 26 times in a close game. Not Kosher.

QBs should be throwing about 50 percent of the time. Anything over 40 attempts needs some justification. HBs should be south of 30 without a reason (like you're up big in the 2nd half and just running out the clock) and even then 35 should be the most. And any of the defensive guys shouldn't have a ton of sacks (meaning you're just blitzing all game long).

CWT 3000
    CalebMackie
    oneshot24
    NYJuggalo45
    Ghost
    charter04
    Keller
    Jordan Kleinedler
    bringbackjimmy
    The Rulah
    mooseboyj
    BlyGilmore
    sschevyridah

2. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Whoever the fuck nut is who played with Ridley like that should be booted. NOT even close to sim and I litterly blew my top when I saw that stat line. Are you fucking kidding me with 43 attempts from a RB on a pass first team? Next up is Luck- why the fuck are we running NO huddle all game and throwing for 500+ yards a game? I have never seen so much cheese football in a TSO league.

TSO= SIM FOOTBALL

• Like Like x 2
  3. mooseboyj

mooseboyj Walk On

Is that last game better for u mam? I didn't run no huddle. Ran more than I threw it even! Still had 3 and a half!

4. oneshot24

oneshot24 Walk On

ill make it more realistic but if im having a good running game and cant get the pass game going i will run not gonna lose a game cuz my passing game is getting shut down no real nfl team says shit well we cant get a throwing game going so guess what ima throw it some more if the running is working there gonna stick with it yea pats are a pass first but it wasn't working so i ran the ball i will make sure 2 sub a rb in so i dnt get more carries then i should. i do understand me having 43 carries is overboard i didn't even realize it was that much all i know every pass i was choosing wasn't working so i ran the ball.

5. mooseboyj

mooseboyj Walk On

Yea I ran at Jared Allen all game instead of picking on the weak secondary. I think he's just sore cuz the panthers D blasted his butt vthey had 5 sacks. Gotta make it hard on the running game. I ran till Brown went out with dislocated elbow. Then backup vs Urlacher and Briggs? NO!

6. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I think there might be a disconnect in what tso sim football means...

• Like Like x 1
  7. oneshot24

oneshot24 Walk On

I just did my week 2 game most my plays were gameflow 2 keep it simple brady threw 37 times i ran 24 times and had 6 catches 4 of which i didnt even want 2 catch i just ran my route and cpu threw it 2 me i also sub my guy out on a few plays if u have a problem with them stats let me know and ill try 2 make it better.

8. BlyGilmore

sounds better. I'll take a look at the stats tonight when I get home.

And just a comment on your statement before. Losing is not an excuse to abandon straight/sim principles. if anything that's when they're tested the most ... can you lose and still not revert to unsim play, tricks and money plays? When you say "yes" that's when you're truly a sim player. Anybody can be sim when they're kicking the shit out of somebody and every play works. But when your back is against the wall, can you still uphold the foundation this site was built upon?

And honestly those who say yes will stick around and continue to take part in this and the other great leagues here. those who don't tend to have a hard time finding a league to join (because word gets around), and eventually are never heard from again.

We don't play sim football because its the path of least resistance, or because we're too lazy to "lab," or because we can't hang with the cheesers. On the contrary, we play that way because it is tougher to master 40 plays in your playbook compared to just 10, and because we're looking to play a caliber of Madden that is more demanding.

9. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I was afraid that a super star league might turn into some stat padding. The problem that the stat paddings guys don't seem to get is how unfair it is to guys wanting to play realistic. How does anyone else have a chance at awards when Luck and Ridley are both on pase to shatter NFL records. Lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. oneshot24

oneshot24 Walk On

no i said in real nfl a team that cant get a passing game wont keep trying 2 throw there gonna do whats working and in that game running the ball was working now what i did wrong was hand it off 2 my guy most the time i should have used diff backs so i didnt get all of the carries. so all these ppl that want 2 play sim and be realistic i understand what i did wrong but and in my second game i made it better im not trying 2 be the best rb in the league im just playing 2 my strengths at the time of the game if the cpu goes out and gets in-completions and picks im not gonna keep throwing ima run more and throw some passes in 2 make it balance i fixed the issue with my second game but ppl getting mad over 1 game is stupid it wont happen again.

11. BlyGilmore

well IMO folks also need to have a bit of patience as well. nobody here has ever played in a league like this, so it'll have a few growing pains.

Leagues like the TMFL, Longest Yard, Tradition, etc. didn't just appear overnight and run smoothly. they're the evolution of 10 or so years of online leagues.

• Like Like x 1
  12. BlyGilmore

13. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Did this get played? Let's advance!

14. BlyGilmore

15. BlyGilmore

16. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Sorry man. I have just been real busy with other leagues and life. Go ahead and sim the week. It's fine.

17. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I'm playing as Sim as I can with Blackmon. If you look at my games, I'm running the shit out of the ball (MJD and Jennings should both have a ton of carries) but no one in the passing game even comes close to my numbers. I only call for the ball 3 or 4 times a game but literally no one else catches anything downfield so their stat lines really suck balls.

So hopefully no one is really looking at my stats and complaining but if they are, theres about as much justification as I have.

• Like Like x 1
  18. BlyGilmore

i looked pretty quick ... didn't have a problem with anything. mostly i'm looking for run/pass balance.

19. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

As much as watching MJD rush for 2.5 ypc sucks, I've still ran the ball a ton. Hopefully the stats reflect that.

20. sschevyridah

sschevyridah Walk On

21. BlyGilmore

Caleb has until I'm done with dinner to let us know what's up. I don't mind waiting or being flexible, but at the same time we need some communication.