Advanced to Wild Card Round

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by HotRod, Nov 2, 2009.

1. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Advanced to Wild Card Round

NEXT ADVANCE: AFTER COMPLETION OF ROUND or THURS 5 PM EST

Patriots (12-4) at Steelers (11-5)

The Patriots head into Heinz Field to meet up with the AFC North division winning Steelers. New England had a very good season which in many years would lead to a division crown. Unfortunately Miami had the best record in the NFL leaving the Pats as a wildcard team. New England is led by the duo of Tom Brady and Randy Moss. Moss led the NFL in receiving with 130 receptions for 2064 yards and 20 TD. Clearly he is the favorite target of Brady who threw out a league leading 45 TDs. The Steelers come in playing very good football finishing the season with a quality win over the Dolphins. Pittsburgh survived a long period without Ben Roethlisberger behind solid defense and an efficient offense. Heinz Field usually provides a great home field advantage for the Steelers but the Patriots will provide a tough obstacle for them to make it to the next round.

Bears (9-7) at Rams (10-6)

The Rams went on an improbable run to finish as the NFC West Champion after starting 1-5. St. Louis was carried by Steven Jackson all season as he led the team in rushing and receiving. Considered to be one of the less talented teams, Coach Romo has had his team playing solid football and they got the huge win over the 49ers in Week 17 to take the division. Chicago comes in as the #6 seed who benefited from the Rams win. The Bears finished with the same record as San Francisco but had the tiebreaker due to beating them earlier in the season. Chicago was led offensively by RB Matt Forte who ran for over 1300 yards and 14 TDs. Jay Cutler had an up and down year with 30 TDs and 30 INTs. The Bears are going to need to hold onto the football against the Rams if they want to move on.

Raiders (13-3) at Colts (10-6)

It’s pretty clear here that the Raider exceeded everyone’s expectations. Well maybe everyone except their Coach BBJ. It takes balls to hand the reigns to relatively unknown QB Keith Null but that’s what he did and it paid off. It also helped that the Raiders had a tough defense backing them up. The result was a great 13-3 season and a tiebreaker away from winning the AFC West. The Raiders look to run a lot with their talented young back Darren McFadden and when the run game is going well they are extremely tough to beat. The Colts on the other hand were the benefactor from a tiebreaker as they got the division nod over the Tennessee Titans. Peyton Manning had an off year throwing 33 INTs but he still manage to lead his team to 10 victories. After the loss of Joseph Addai, backup Donald Brown stepped in and finished 9 yards short of 1000 yards in his rookie year. This one might come down to the QBs and it’s crazy to think that Keith Null may have the advantage.

Giants (10-6) at Saints (9-7)

In a rematch of an early season meeting, New York goes back to the scene of their last minute 27-20 win over the Saints. New York brings in big Brandon Jacobs who had a career year running for 1547 yards and 17 TDs. He has been running over, around, and through teams all season and looks to have a favorable matchup against the Saints D. Eli Manning comes in a little cold as he had the turnover bug late in the season but he’s been to the promised land before. The Saints on the other hand are somewhat of an enigma. They have talent for days on offense but haven’t been consistent this season. Drew Brees played steady football all season protecting the ball while having a great statistical season finishing with 31 TDs. Reggie Bush has also been a key component of the Saints attack running, catching and returning kicks. Their last meeting came down to a returned missed FG for a TD and another close game will probably be in order.

2. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Wow I just realized the Titans got screwed out of the playoffs. They had the same record as the Colts and sweeped them in the regular season but the Colts got the nod. Shitty!

3. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Yeah Maddens tiebreaker is Alphabetical...Stupid EA...

4. RaveDown

RaveDown Get Worked

Whoever is the lowest rated team that wins in the AFC is who I'll play in the second round? Just curious

5. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

correct you face the lowest ranked team remaining...

6. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Yea, WTF happened there? I think that's unfair. Should I play the Raiders anyway?

7. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Def unfair, I'm kind of leaning toward letting BBJ play the CPU.

8. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Tennesse should be in since they have all the tie breakers, but its EA so we should have guessed something easy was going to slip through and let the tie breaker be whose name comes first.

With that said MM has been in the league the whole yr, while it's unfair to the Titans we shouldn't make MM pay for EA's Stupid mistake...I would rather play and lose to MM than to play and win the Cpu so i say let him play.

9. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    I guess that's fine, hopefully we won't have to put an asterisk beside a super bowl champion, lol.

10. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

don't worry we won't(y)

11. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Yea, don't worry, I've choked in every big game this year. I love tossing INTs apparently.

12. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

Are you fucking kidding me?? You guys are joking right? I'm really not in the playoffs??? WOW; I don't care if I haven't been in the league the entire season or not, I still deserve to be playing in December...

13. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    It has nothing to do with how long you've been in the league. It's all about EA having shitty programming in their Online Franchise.

14. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

I must say, I'm a little disappointed that I haven't been asked to play as the Colts since the Titans should be playing in the game...seems only fair to me. your thoughts?

15. RaveDown

RaveDown Get Worked

One big problem...your team is the TITANS not the Colts.

I don't get why you are so frustrated/mad. How many wins did you get with the Titans? I would be alot more sympathetic to your frustration if you played as the Titans the whole season. Regardless the solution is not for you to play as the Colts

16. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

What he said....In all fairness I should have probally won my Divison and 1st week bye, but since its Alphabetical i know i can't fix it. I am not going to ask to switch to the chargers....

17. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I dont see this option making sense to very many people.

18. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    The only other reasonable option I saw was to let the Raiders play the CPU but the game will go on as planned. End of story.

19. Romoisajedi

Romoisajedi Walk On

Hot Rod,

looks like the last game is scheduled for 6:00p.m. eastern,

so do you think we'll advance tonight yet?

just curious...