Advanced

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Hellisan, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

What a discouraging fucking game. We finally got a X2 on a good player that we needed it on... Got an 800+ point call when we were down by about 200 points... He just signs with Texas after the advance.

I'm sitting there keeping it under my hat thinknig maybe I'll finally sign an impact player. Nope.

So... does anybody else need some time off over the next few days? It would make me feel a bit better about holding up the league. The "get out of jail free" card is to hold the league up an extra 24 hours lol...

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I'd like to raise my hand and say I could use time off too. Still hoping for another but....

We're moving and like everywhere else in the country the weather is horrible here right now. It's gonna take a couple days moving and then it wouldn't be bad to have a day to chill after the move.

3. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Well Friday thru Sunday I have various family/friends gatherings going on. I could prob sneak in a cpu game but I think the next 2 weeks I play Ramirez and then Hot Rod, so scheduling user games might be tough with me

4. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Big win for the Iowa program this week, knocking off undefeated #5 Miami 23-20.

They literally were better (overall wise) than us at every single position across the board. Add in Marcus Coker being questionable and gutting it out, not missing a play, despite clearly being slowed by his injury, I didn't give us much of a shot. But our defense was awesome in this one, picking off Miami 3 times, forcing 1 fumble, and in general containing a loaded Miami offense. Our offense struggled for most of the game, as to be expected with Coker not 100%, but we finally got things going late, scoring 20 pts in the 2nd half after trailing 13-3 at halftime.

Big win for the program over a top ranked squad. We are easily the worst of the 12 user teams, both in terms of talent and school prestige (pretty sure we're the only 3* school left), but since I've taken over, we knocked off Purdue, Ohio St, Michigan and now Miami and hung close with Illinois and Wisconsin. All ranked in the top 10 when we played them. So despite the lack of talent, I seem to have connected with this team and can hang with the big boys. But I think it's time for us to make a jump and start being able to recruit some solid players rather than roster filler. Hopefully this win is a spring board.

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

[​IMG] GIFSoup

6. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    I'll be gone tomorrow through Sunday. I got this weeks game in though.

7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Don't worry, we will be on this week until u get back.

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Always there to rain on Juggy's parade.

9. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

This weeks game is in for us as well. Crushed ASU at home with several of our hopeful prized recruits in attendence.. Couldnt be a worse time for time off for us, huge recruiting weeks in 5 n 6 for the Bruins who have yet to sign anyone this season.

I just want to see who I get for Christmas recruit wise!

10. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I played maybe the easiest game I've played in this years game today against Miami U. They are probably on par with an FCS team with the exception of their HB. I put up 35 points in the first 4 minutes. I put the second stringers in midway through the 2nd quarter and they managed to score a couple TDs on a screen pass with a couple broken tackles, and a ridiculous robo-QB play in which their QB chucked up a deep ball while being hit into double coverage but somehow completed the pass for a TD. It was a rivalry game with the majority of my top recruits in the stands so hopefully I get some commits next week.

11. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

Illinois is not a a very good team......

My best Rb has 91 speed with an acceleration of 80... Ouch!

My offensive line is terrible.

My defensive line is horrible...

My linebackers have speed but little else......

My kickers are in the 50's.......

We are a young team!

My Wide Receivers are average.....

I like my Qb.....

Illinois is the least talented team in the leage and this is indicated by my C+ rating..... Which is the lowest of the users.....

I do have talent on the way..... If I keep winning I will start to get better recruits!

12. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

The Skill of the coach out weigh the talent of your pix-elated players......always will be.

13. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

not always true. yesterday playing Mike, (and earlier this year against Helli), I made good throws, guys dropped wide open passes, even when I tried to user catch. My QB fumbled 3 or 4 times, all on sacks. I can't block and play OLine. Certain things, need talent for

14. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Well seeing as Hotrod made the final of the TF tournament with fucking Indiana and barely lost to Ohio State........thats what I am basing it on.

I even won 2 rounds with fucking Kansas State. I mean shit look who won the national title in the uprising....the guy beat grade A teams with Miss State.

15. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

So we are on Pause till when?

16. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Till whenever Mo and Ryno (and me and BBJ) play our games.... At least Sunday.

17. jfosh

jfosh Super

Dam I wanted to get past week 5.....I brought all UCLA's guys in to try and steal them this week...I wanna know how it turns out.

18. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

[​IMG]

19. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Go pay some attention to Elise for once.

20. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

for once i think your right...:(

21. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Or Maybe we brought all Cal's guyz in and wanted to spoil your fun...hmmm?