Advancement Issue

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by hoodlum10, Dec 13, 2009.

1. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Advancement Issue

The curse is back. Upon advancing the scores were manipulated, AGAIN. The easiest way to prevent this for everyone to click set ready to advance once you're done playing and recruiting. You need to click set ready to advance even if it already says you're ready. In the meantime, we need someone who has saved the file recently. G and I do not have 1 saved recently. Let us know asap what you got so we can get back on track and not be side tracked for long like we have been in the past.

2. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Tuco...I just left you a message. Get back with me man. Thanks ###-###-####

3. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    A couple helpful tips to keep this from happening again, guys.

1. Make sure that no one saves the online dynasty when prompted to do so.

2. Make sure that you don't have any saved online dynasty files on your harddrive.

3. Make sure no one is hosting a 'side' online dynasty using a bastardized copy of this online dynasty.

Sucks you guys keep having these problems. Hope this helps.

4. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    G,

You might want to send him a PM with your #. You never know what kind of weird/port bots are lurking around for information (unless you are into that sort of thing ;) )

5. Iron Mickey

Oh....thanks. Haha. Didnt think about it.

6. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Hey,

Have you guys been hitting ready to advance? I think last year when people would hit ready to advance after they had already played and recruited, it reset it someway so that when we advanced the scores were simulated. IDK, hope you figure it out. I dread the day it happens to us.

7. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Once again let me break this down.

each users game and recruiting is an individual file, which are uploaded to a dynasty folder on the server. My file has nothing to do with anyone elses file. Thats why some scores are correct and others are simulated. The problem is with the guys who's score is simulated.
    Trude / FSU has had the simulated results every time. I went back and checked the old threads.
    FSU is also visiting recruits on days that are scheduled for someone else. Which means their file is not syncing with the rest of the dynasty.

The only teams simulated are the ACC teams(FSU, MIA, and NC ST).

The two main reasons for a bad file is internet connection and packet loss, or bastard files on the ACC teams hard drives, which could come from the having the same dynasty as an offline or as another online dynasty.

when the score goes to get uploaded and reported to the server. the users system looks for the dynasty info and instead of the game results of the game you just played, your system sends the path with the offline or online dynasty of the same type/name. To your hard drive it looks the same.

Not putting anyone on blast this is what is most likely from a computer system point of view. Setting to ready to advance should only control the menu( what we see in dynasty HQ) and not how the file is manipulated, but if the file is bad or incomplete, setting ready to advance could cause the dynasty to think there is no file/game that has been played and cause it to sim that weeks tasks.

8. Iron Mickey

Looks like shawn has a saved file from week 3 I believe. So i guess were going to go with that. He's suppose to be calling me here soon.

9. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Smace you seem like you have a pretty good understanding of the issue. How can we fix it? We keep on moving on and nothing gets fixed. I'd like to make this the last time.

10. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

don't know if this helps, my last file saved was on the 10th

11. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Just like Smace has said. Everyone has to understand that they can't save online dynasty files, use an offline copy of the dynasty, or host a bastardized copy of the dynasty.

Again, like smace points out in his post above, this is a server-side issue with misdirected file paths. Eliminating the opportunity for the server to pull from the wrong file is the only way to nix this.

I would pull a meeting together of everyone. Have everyone check their HDDs for files and make sure there aren't any actively hosted dynasties using these files. Revert back to a save and move forward from there keeping everything above in mind.

Good luck.

12. smace767

smace767 Walk On

That is the issue Jfunk. The only people who have an issue is the ones who are getting simmed.
    Their files are not loading or saving in the dynasty folder on the server due to a bad file on the server or bad internet connection which is causing incomplete downloads. Or its saving the duplicate, from saving the dynasty offline or making a new online dynasty.

as most of you know, we changed commishs so its not them.

But bottom line is the way online dynasties are set up. its a bunch of loading and downloading of files to and from the server, and some people are having a problem loading their files to the server for what ever reason.

Nothing we can do per say, its those who are not getting their correct game file on the server that has to be figured out.

13. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

ok i have a question. smace i know when u referred to me it was as the FSU coach. no prob. this time around as NCST i have no files saved on my ps3 related to ncaa at all. in fact everytime i start the game it wants me to pick my favorite school. this time around was my file or game a different score then what it should have been? im asking to help remedy the situation and the last time i had a saved file of our dynasty of any sort was before i left the league.

14. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

my game got simmed, i have no files saved.

15. Iron Mickey

***ATTENTION***

I got the file and I am about to recreate the dynasty & resend the invites. Make sure you delete ALL saved old files....ALL OF THEM!!!

and according to smace & drifter do not save the file anymore when loggin into the dynasty. and make sure you always check ready to advance.

16. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Ok first before everyone gets bent out of shape lets talk about online dynasties

The whole dynasty is on the server. what users do, is play their piece on their system and upload Their piece to the server dynasty. all any user is doing is adding just what pertains to their team to the server dynasty.
    If the server does not get a file for the user it continues the dynasty on its own without it. when you log into the dynasty, you receive a file that represents whats in the dynasty on the server to see and play on your ps3. when you do something, Your ps3 sends your team info back to the server to continue the dynasty with the latest data. The only thing you update is your shit. Alabamas user has nothing or can do nothing to michigans game file. regardless of whats going on with my file. each users path is isolated, only dealing with his specific team.

Yes a bastard file can mess things up. But almost by design my bastard file can not make FSU's game get simmed. My bastard file would mess up my game results.

I know u have NC ST now Trude. My point was, homie, FSU has always been one of the teams and you have always been one of the users, that has had its game simmed and now FSU and NC ST and MIA have their game file messed up/simmed this week,. So most likely its your system or intrenet connection that has an issue.

Nobody else can report your game score or change it or anything. The only thing that can be done to your file is the commish can delete/ throw out your game result file. But loading it to the server is on you and your ps3 and internet connection.

even if here, in Ft Knox KY i had a save file, or another online dynasty, i have no control over someone elses game results. Its not just if you save the dynasty file each week. The problem is your not getting your correct game file loaded on the server, and you get a simmed result.

Now this is not an attack or putting anyone on blast. Im not saying anybody did something wrong. I am saying that the issue has to do with the teams who's game got simmed and the server. A bad network connection or the server being down when you finished your game could be the issue as well.

Im just talking in general how online dynasty and the whole game reporting file download thing works. Point blank if your game got simmed and the results are wrong and other guys have the right game info, 90% of the reason is something to do with whats going on on your ps3 or internet connection.

17. Iron Mickey

Well I think you explained that really well smace. Pretty much if your game results come up screwed up or simmed it's a result of the User and his PS3, their internet connection, and/or a saved bastard file. We need to squash this issue for once and for all. It just slows up the whole thing.

EVERYONE, check and double check they dont have a saved copy of ANY saved file from ANYONE of our dynasties on their hard drive.

Like I said earlier, I resent the invites and we are in week 3. So not a big deal. SuperSim your win or loss and lets get to week 4 tonite. Make sure you have your team "checked" ready to advance.

If you have a bastard file saved offline.....DELETE IT....DELETE IT. I am sure hood will follow this up once he gets on. Everyone jump on and take care of their business.

On a side note, other than the people replying in this topic, no one else is helping out and communicating on the boards. I see several guys trolling through the threads peaking/sniffing around that NEVER say anything or communicate. Then we have guys that dont say anything at all.

I guess some guys didnt take to heart what hoodlum said going into the new season with activity. I dont think he was playing around.

18. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

what is superSim?
    is that siming until you get the original result?

19. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

ok two things. most importantly from my standpoint is this... my internet connection is perfectly fine. hardlined straight in to router. i install this shit for a living and troubleshoot it. 34mbps download speed and 8mbps upload so that one is out the door. i get my cable and internet for free for standard speeds, but i pay 20 bucks a month to jump up speed tiers. secondly and more importantly is this..... when i finish my games sometimes it takes like 2 minutes trying to connect to dynasty server. then it says dynasty servers unavailable would u like to retry? at that point i hit yes and it goes through everytime. maybe this is the issue? i dont know, but either way that is out of my hands unless someone knows a way to make that go away. other then that i have no clue from my standpoint on a way to fix problem. im airing this just like smace is to figure the problem out. I HAVE NOTHING RELATED TO NCAA saved on my ps3. a user profile and that is it. no offline dynasties or anything like that at all.

20. Iron Mickey

the whole dynasty servers available thing is pretty common. It rarely happens to me uploading a game result, but sometimes it does it to me when loggin into the dynasty. But like you said, I just hit retry and it works.

Well i guess we will just hear back from drunken and see what he says. It sounds like you got everything right TRude.

21. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

My 2 cents:

First: I have no dynasty files saved related to any online dynasty I am in. I was told when I first started playing online dynasties not to save it. However, in most of the dynasties I have been the files have been getting corrupted.

I do have one offline dynasty file saved, however, the team I use is a team I use in an online dynasty. I did not convert the dynasty or save the dynasty from an online state. I made it from scratch, manually inputting all sliders. It is not a copy of any dynasty I am in and the name is completely different.

Second: The first time I saw this happen, I asked around and was told by a commissioner of a dynasty that once it started to happen it would continue to happen.

Third: If it has happened as much as it has here, wouldn't it be easier to just start over? I know I am new to this dynasty, but isn't this at least the 5th time this has happened?

Fourth: Isn't it if you delete files, the system still has them somewhere? You just may not be able to access it. If that's true, see the third point.

22. Iron Mickey

It's not a file issue....its a User issue.

We wont be restarting over again either. We are too far along in the league and the fun is really just starting for Cream of the Crop. Almost all default roster players are gone and true recruiting is begining to show.

23. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Everyone needs to delete all files and not ever save them again. Also do not dick around and convert stuff to offline or whatever. Super sim your game, injuries are turned off. Just SIM to get the result you previously got, if you are losing the SIM for a game you actually won just quit out of the SIM and re-do it until you get the win. You must quit before the game ends though otherwise you'll have to wait for the results to be thrown out to re-try it.

24. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

1 more thing, SET READY TO ADVANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Those that have yet to do their week 3 SIM stuff have until the end of tonight to do it. G will advance us in the AM before heading to work. We should get thru week 4 in a hurry, we will be on track and on week 5 soemtime tomorrow night.