Advancement Notice Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JHeb, Sep 22, 2009.

1. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Advancement Notice Thread

For those who don't check XBL very often, I'll post updates here as to when we advance, etc.

I just advanced to the "End of Season" phase and will gather some info. from it then will advance again here in a bit...

2. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

I just advanced us to the off-season...Players Leaving is up.

Remember: We are allowed to sway players back to our teams from the draft and from transferring.

I'll advance next in 24 hours or as soon as all are done with the players leaving part.

3. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

I will advance later tonight...Not sure if DJ is done with his stuff or not b/c he shows as not being done but the icon at the top shows as all done...I'll be safe and wait it out.

4. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Transfer Requests are up...This should be really quick. Let's try and advance again tonight.

5. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Went ahead and pushed on through the Transfers...Nati has a list up in the offseason thread of the transfers...If you guys who didn't get to do this stage don't want the guy who wanted you, you can cut him with no worries.

6. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

does the celeb recruit still count now? There is a 20 overall 5 star that was just added. Is he fair game?

7. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Yes, I need to go update the Celebrity Recruits...

8. Jackwacker

Jackwacker Noob

If we had a guy that wanted to xfer does he automatically come on our team? My rosters wont show

9. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Yeah, the system automatically sets him to be accepted by you and will come to your team unless you unchecked him...

10. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

We advanced to the next week of recruiting today...Get it done ASAP and we'll try and move again tonight sometime.

11. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I'll be home from work @ 6pm MDT and I'll do my recruiting then. Hopefully we can get 2 weeks in tonight.

12. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Yeah, I'd like to AT LEAST advance again tonight by the time I head off to sleep, which is normally NLT 1am (cen)...That's the goal. We'll see how it goes. If not, no major deal. We'll keep chugging along as best we can.

13. Jackwacker

Jackwacker Noob

I'll be on around 10cent to do my week 2

14. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Gotcha...

15. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

Friday I have a wrestling show from 5:30 to like midnight - wont on then, Saturday I start moving and sunday we finish so I wont be on from fri-sun i'd like to be done ASAP... dont wanna sim my cuts

16. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

You better not have any cuts...Don't go over the 70 limit. As far as advancing, I'd like to be done by then too but it's not looking good. We may just have to take the weekend off. Yikes...

17. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Oh yeah, I advanced a little bit ago...We'll advance again tomorrow night by 11pm central. If we're all done earlier, I'll try and get us advanced sooner.

18. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Sorry guys, 2 of my friends from out of town showed up unannounced and I wasn't able to get my recruiting in to allow JHeb to advance faster. Apologies.

19. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

I just unsure about these walk-ons.... Plus I will still wanna cut some kids we might be allowed 70 but we dont take no bullshit here in new mexico. You either Lobo or you Hobo!

20. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

No Cuts! Actually, according to the Dynasty Description that is stickied to the top of the forums, you can cut ONE player if your final number of players is 70, which would leave you with 69 after the one cut. If you end up with 69 or less then you get no cuts.

All of us should have been making sure we're filling our CPU defined "needs" (those highlighted in red) b/c if those aren't filled then you will get a walk-on and you'll be stuck with that dude. No Cuts.

Don't go over 70. You have a couple of recruiting weeks left so you all better go make sure your boards look correct and you have not over offered b/c the penalties are not good for going over 70. I cannot be any clearer on this.

No excuses. I'm assuming you're joking around Nati, but for real, don't go over. We have specific rules for this kind of dynasty and they must be followed by all.

Okay? Do we all understand? Don't go over 70...No cuts.

Okay, that's enough from me. I just want to make sure we all understand that I'm serious about this.

Thanks guys,

JHeb

21. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

Yea - I gotcha. One thing I am confused about - checking my needs in red it say that my team has 50 players.. do those include the transfers or do they count toward the recruiting board total.

I shouldnt have any walk ons but the game makes me iffy - Ive seen some silly people walk on when you dont need them to.

22. ThaEra25

ThaEra25 Oregon=Longhorn Country

Understood. J is right about walk ons, the only way you will get one is if you havent met roster requirements at a certain position. So if you sign guys that take you to 70 but dont fill a position NEED, you will receive a walk on and then that would put you over the 70.

Side note: Im glad to be in this dynasty and like the challenge of recruiting as LaTech, man its a lot different than being a big time program...I gotta scratch and claw right now to try and land :3stars: guys...LOL

23. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Good question. My transfers have me a bit confuzzled. As I posted in a few places, I had 2 OLBs transfer away which only left me with 1 on my roster. Well, my "Y button detail list" shows me with 3 OLBs. Either:
    1. I was confused before and those 2 guys were already taken off of my roster when I saw that I had 3 guys with 2 of the tranferring.
    2. They're still showing on my roster now (unlikely).
    3. They didn't actually transfer somehow due to some bug.

I also accepted a HB transfer from 'Zona. I don't know that he's showing up on my roster now (I really wish I could see my actual roster instead of just numbers of guys!) so I don't know if he's included or not.

So, does anyone know if incoming transfers are already included in our "y button detail list". I would have to assume that they are (it would be stupid if they weren't).

24. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

(( Take this to the Off Season discussion i have your answer I think ))

25. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Week 4 of recruiting is up...Let's get our stuff done ASAP and try to advance as fast as we can. At this point we should all be down to just a few guys left to recruit. Update your list of recruits.