Advances

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by Kapono, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

So this league's advance schedule is supposedly 24-48 hours. Lately we're lucky to advance in 3 or 4 days. It's been 1 day and Fuzzy and I are the only ones to play our game. This dynasty has no content besides the 10 minutes per advance I put into it and we advance at a snail's pace. Also, the game summaries are slowly vanishing. I'm hoping people will pick it up soon. I want to be in 2 dynasties and this one has absolutely no activity unless I start a conversation and the pace is way too slow. I'm hoping Irish is just slowing things down because he's waiting for a patch but I don't know what's going on because he didn't respond when I tagged him last time. So hopefully somebody besides Fuzzy and myself will pick it up because it's not fun when I get my game in, then wait 3 days to advance.

IrishBearcat
    UofCWildcat
    fuzzyl0gic
    Mad Money Merk
    a Robbed Lung
    -Cougars-
    DMan22
    MNoffke
    Oshiomogho
    Steamer43
    BakerWildcat7

2. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I get my games in too. :p I play right off the bat, and i even have a team page hero. Irish hasn't responded to my texts and i'm at my grandpa's lake house while he's at home. So i'm waiting on him. I wonder if Irish would pass commish to someone else if he isn't on top of this. I've been waiting days since Navy to play

3. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Yeah, well I'm hoping we can pick this up. You get your games in and the fact that you responded that fast shows you're on top of it. But it's pretty obvious this is going too slow

4. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

We've been slowing down the advances due to connectivity issues. The last advance was 4 days because with the disconnects and our schedules Money and I couldn't get our game in at all. Ultimately he won as I let him play myself on autopilot.

You do also understand there is a bowl/season2 bug so there isn't really a big reason to hurry up to simply wait until the patch comes out. I figured if guys needed to some extra days to get their games in, might as well let em have it since we're in no rush.

I've tried to reach out to several people, including yourself Kapono, for some aid in helping me out running this league with my job. Nobody has stepped up to the plate, so I'm not sure what to do. I really won't be able to give my usual effort until school starts in the middle of September, I'm having trouble simply getting my games done in the two leagues I'm in along with preparing for school, dealing with a demanding job, etc. etc.

If somebody would like to step up and help me out as I've asked before, I'd be appreciative. If not, the league will continue at the pace it's going I suppose until I'm back in school. I was really banking on others to help step up in the content department as well, and that has failed miserably. Things are definitely a lot more active when I have the time to get on everyone's case to really participate.

I've always enjoyed Legendary Veterans and know the pace will pick up again when I have the time to run it like I have in the past. Work & School do come before NCAA as much fun as it is playing the game. So does anyone wanna step up or are we just gonna refuse to help and complain when nothing changes? :)

5. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I agree, I have been contemplating joining another league that is more active, but I've been hanging on here because it's a solid group of guys and I like our setup. There is no doubt it seems this league is on it's last leg, hopefully something Irish can address soon. It's nothing personal against Irish at all, it just seems maybe a lot of people in our league have vastly more busy lives than some of us.

6. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I can step up for the next month and a half, just tell me what needs to be done. If need be, I can be the commissioner and advance for the next couple of weeks. I was hoping the pace was slow because of the EA issues and because we're waiting on the patch, but I wasn't sure what the wait was for.

7. IrishBearcat

I'll send you a PM.

8. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

lets set up a potential schedule table listing the remaining advances that get us to the offseason. we need to start sticking to a schedule. with madden coming out, we still need focus

im gonna step up and start getting us moving

9. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I think we need to stop after this week until we get the patch. In the Experience, we had a dude lose the Big 10 after winning it because it didn't transfer and the bowls were not playable what so ever. There is no point in rushing to play games that won't even process

• Like Like x 1
  10. IrishBearcat

Are we ready to advance? Somebody text me.

11. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I'll text you when i play steamer

12. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Hey just a heads up to everyone, in a dynasty with my friends we are at bowl season and it still won't save your bowl after you play. So avoid playing your bowl if we get there until we get the patch