Advancing while games are in progress

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by SimFBallCritic, Nov 8, 2012.

1. SimFBallCritic

SimFBallCritic Walk On

What's up guys,

Just thought I would share my thoughts on the situation. Baron and I started playing our game last night at 9pm est and at 9:56pm est the week was advanced while we were in the mid-point of the 3rd quarter. We had a pretty close game in the beginning, but at the moment when the game was advanced Baron was up 21-7 and was starting to take control of the game. There is always the possibility for a comeback, but with the lack luster offense of my Jets team it’s safe to say that Baron would have won the game.

Here’s where the problem lies, Baron came into the week 5-1 and I had a record of 1-4. To add insult to injury Baron lost his BEST defensive player Tamba Hali for 2 weeks. Even though I got the win I don’t think it’s fair to advance the week while a game is in progress. I could understand if we started playing at 9:45pm, but if we started the game at 9pm there shouldn’t be any reason why we can’t hold off the advance until the game is complete.

I really like this league because it is very competitive and without a solid team it is tough to get wins. I don't care for wins from a simmed game, especially in this situation. I hope going forward we can work out a better solution. Let me know what you guys feel about that.

2. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Shaun didn't do it on purpose. It was a miscommunication. He didnt check the forum because of work and checked his friend list and saw nobody online playing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Yea I'm pretty sure it is obvious that Shaun didn't do this on purpose and it was a miscommunication.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

I talked with Shaun Mason in the CB afterwards. It was an honest mistake and there's really nothing we could do about it. Shaun says his friends list didn't display us playing our game.

Shaun said that he should have tried to get in touch with me more directly about our game or check the forums and I said, I probably should have messaged him to say we were still playing. Nothing really to do but shrug our shoulders and move on. Shit happens.

• Like Like x 1
  5. SimFBallCritic

SimFBallCritic Walk On

Guys,

I'm not saying this was done purposely, just making everyone aware of it. I don't think Shaun Mason would do it just because.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Baron

While I believe that Shaun is certainly evil enough to do this on purpose, that's, thankfully, not what occurred here.

7. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Bottom line, advance is at 10 PM every time. If I don't get a message communicating a need for it to be advanced later, I am advancing it.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Baron

Understood. Again, no one accusing you of outright skullduggery, however I think I speak for the entirety of TMFL in saying that I should be given your first round draft pick as compensation for this egregious slight against my record and roster.

9. SimFBallCritic

SimFBallCritic Walk On

Not a problem, next time I play a game at 9p on advance night I'll be sure to send you a message. I believe Baron and I thought you would have seen that information in the forums, we stated the time we were playing.

10. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I read these forums more than any person alive, but to expect me to be constantly up to date is too high of an expectation.

11. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Games take more than an hour so we need to be cognizant of that in our scheduling IMO.

• Like Like x 2
  12. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

As someone who held the file for a bit towards the end of 12, I can say it's impossible to be responsible for 32 users. Any game that will overlap with the advance need to be directly brought to the commissioner's attention SimFBallCritic

• Like Like x 3
  13. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Do you really think Shaun didn't do this shit on purpose?

This didn't happen to two of Shaun's division rivals did it? I'll let Senator Clay Davis give my opinion on you guys thinking Shaun did this on accident.

• Like Like x 1
  14. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    What about dead people?

15. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I don't claim to speak for the dead.:)

16. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads: