Advancing

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Sep 19, 2011.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

Alright, to clarify as things have gotten a bit off lately. This is the rules (have always been the rules) and they aren't up for debate. I have gotten away from them a bit and that is my fault as I hate simming guys and like being nice. But it is unhelpful. And my extension of grace hardly means you get to now expect it. I love you:

-We advance on hard time schedules (48hrs or when everyone is done for Cathedral; Sunday/Wednesday midnight for Abbey; all times are EST)
    -We do not make exceptions for anything but emergencies... my discretion. (parties, vacations, late night at work are not emergencies... they are life)
    -You are going to take sims from time to time... no biggie.
    -UNEQUIVOCATED TRUTH #1: Slowing down the league for one person leads to two people leads to three people (which is exactly what has now happened). We just can't do this.
    -UNEQUIVOCATED TRUTH #2: Holding up the league is 8,000 times more detrimental than one guy taking a sim here and there. It isn't close. Be selfless.
    -Sometimes I miss an advance time. Well... eat me. I'm the commish and I can't be at home or sitting in front of a computer every single hard advance schedule. This happens. I try my darndest every single time.
    -We are not making exceptions any longer. I have just wanted to be nice (my fault, not yours!). It was silly. I HATE simming guys... absolutely hate it. Hate mullen missing his game vs. 'Bama and hate Bonner missing his game vs. TCU. I freakin hate sims... mine and yours.
    -Life happens. You are going to take sims.

Finally, and to reiterate, this is entirely my fault. I have gotten lax because I hate simming guys. No more. We are advancing on time everytime (unless I can't make it to a computer). This is the rule. It has always been the rule. Forgive me for muddling things.

We advance tonight at 7pm EST in the Cathedral and midnight EST in the Abbey (unless Bonner can't get his game in then we sim asap). Peace. I love you.

2. vatechhokie01

P.S. One last note: It is your responsibility to keep up with exactly when we advanced and the schedule. I try my best (and again, with friends now gone and craziness over a bit, hopefully I'll be better) to do the Official Threads in a timely fashion, but you should not rely on this. Best way is to receive the EA emails on advances and then you have the exact time when we advanced.

3. vatechhokie01

P.P.S. Simming Cathedral now. Bonner won't be able to squeeze his game in. He graciously asks for your prayers against the Horned Frogs of TCU!

4. vatechhokie01

He lost. mormon must have been praying to his crazy mormon jesus.

• Like Like x 2
  5. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Yeah I agree...I knew that I was going to take a sim against Bama, I had time for one game this weekend, and it was a user game so I took the chance to get that in since it was more important...

You deserve better. You will get better out of me!

6. Goose

Goose Walk On

That's what she said. Boom Roasted.

• Like Like x 3