Advancing

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Masler, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

I've been doing some thinking lately and need to address something. We have 48 hours for CPU games and 72 hours for user games. 72 hours is a last resort in my mind, yes I understand schedules just don't work out. But we need to try to schedule the user games as soon as possible because they are the most important. If you can't make a CPU game, so be it. I would have thought we would be in Week 12 by now and since there is only a user game left that one play doesn't want to play, it should be advanced. From now on the 72 hour rule should only be used in case we have multiple user games, like 3 in a week (half the league). From our history, The Experience never has had issues. The only time I would expect slow times are on the weekends when people would rather watch football, but even then half of us only care about one game (IE me watching MSU).

I am not trying to spark any tempers here I'm just saying we as a whole need to light a fire under our asses a little and keep a good pace. Most of us are scheduling games well before the advance and if you don't respond or make an attempt to schedule without a good reason, you pretty much forfeit yourself in the user game. I will be setting advance times for 48 hours. An extension must be submitted to me via PM. Include yourself and your opponent in the PM. I will discuss the matter with dakota7, jello1717, and Big Suge Knight. If there is a tie breaker I will make the ultimate decision.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I 100% agree with this. I would of thought that we would be in season 3 by now. It's to the point where my OD with my buddies is ahead of us which i see outrageous. I've got 3 people who work 40+ hours a week and they've scheduled way better than other. I will say that we don't have families of their own but we need to get more board active. Posting of extra content is down and i'm doing my best without my computer but this is a PREMIER LEAGUE. You signed up for the fast pace and major extra content. We are lacking both.

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

Exactly. I am even slacking a bit. Haven't even gotten to MVP this season. Working on it today sometime I hope.

4. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Again, i'm without a computer and have to bum off my little brother's to do anything with TapaTalk down =/ I can't even get to my Google Doc enough to have a consistent power rankings.

5. Masler

Masler Moderator

Well not having a computer is understandable. When do you get it back?

6. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

In my opinion, content can go to the wayside if we are moving at a steady clip. If we aren't moving quick, content should be plentiful.

I just wish people would say when they will play or if an extension is needed they would post. I went to Europe. I went to Boston. I asks for extensions as needed. Was fine when the group said no. But then this happens where we are stuck in 2 weeks for 5-6 days and I feel cheated. Why was my request not good enough? Why are we catering to others?

Honestly I think it should be 48 hours regardless unless there is a holiday or something. If people know they can ask for 72 hours then they will take it. I also believe if you jump into the forum and don't respond to your tags we can start making decisions for you. This should be your number one focus when coming here. For me, next week it will be TMFL, THE E, and then once FIFA picks up that will be third. But if I am tagged or asked to participate in something I will be there.

Bottom line is this league slowing down so much is frustrating. Especially when it seems like some are getting longer advances and others like myself have at least ASKED and been denied.

*steps off soap box*

• Like Like x 1
  7. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Have to buy a new one because my mother board is apparently fucked. Guy said to buy a new part would be $250 for just the part and labor would be over $150. So i'd rather just get a new one =/

8. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I agree man. You took the CPU losses/win like a man and when the sims didn't go your way you didn't whine, piss, and moan. You've had a rough season and you've been a trooper throughout it. I also think 48 STRICT unless dire situations come up (working all day like Dakota, Edge's long days at football, or a family issue).

9. Masler

Masler Moderator

Agreed. Back when I first joined TSO I was in:

5 NCAA Leagues
    2 Madden Leagues
    Full-Time Student
    Worked damn near 40 hours

Rarely missed a game or tag.....

10. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I think you hit it right on the head. The solid rule should be 72 hours, if you can't make it work, so be it. We're moving on. Making some exceptions while denying others isn't fair. To me, the only plausible extension is the inability to play because of the EA servers, which seem to be worse and worse every day. (ie...both guys were on and couldn't connect due to a known EA issue) But if one guy can't play for 2 days or your schedules don't jive, consistently waiting around for one game while everyone else is waiting really kills the league. Just my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  11. dakota7

And just to be clear, I also 100% agree with 72 hours being worst case scenario deadline. Not "we have until Thursday to play"....no, we should have a "play asap" mentality.

12. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

I'm assuming you mean the solid rule should be 48.

I'm just glad to see everyone's on board with this. Some quick advances should get some momentum back. 2 user games for next week are already scheduled, so the only other user games are edge7771 vs. iBleedOrange247 and blLL flo vs. Masler .

13. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Yeah... I'm on a bye and saw we had 4 user games. Wanted to throw up.

• Like Like x 1
  14. aarondramp

Two of them are scheduled. Not to throw stones, but it's the UNC-NC State match up that should worry you.

15. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

User games take a while to get done. 4 of em is just disgusting to me on a bye week. I'm also not ecstatic Jello is also on a bye week. We both have time to wait and prepare for each other.

16. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Thanks for noticing. Has not been the slowest time in my life during season 2. I actually started substitute teaching yesterday so my days are gone but I work 8-230 most days. It's an easy 90 bucks.

Ultimately it is a game. I will always do everything I can to get in every game but sometimes it doesn't work. If someone is undefeated in week 12 or a conference race is on the line, we can discuss it but ultimately we need to keep moving. If we are through season 3 by the end of September, we have an issue.

17. dakota7

No, I mean if the deadline is xyz, then that is the deadline. It was 72, so that should be the max. If we decrease it to 48, then that's the max. I really agree with niuhuskie224 there shouldn't be a pick and choose exception.

18. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Exactly. And that's good about teaching. And it's hard to get the fact that his is a game and take it softly. I'm so competitive that it's not healthy sometimes.

19. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

And let me make it clear. I was fine with the decision then. I was the one going out of town. I was the one who was missing out.

But seeing the slowed down pace, I missed a user game when I was still in conference title contention and was told no.

I think another fair rule would be to make it if you miss a scheduled game, you miss out. Ahit happens but if I show up and you don't that is disrespectful. Have had it happen in other leagues and it drives me nuts. Then the guy wants to reschedule. F you. You not showing up tells me you think that your time is more valuable then mine. So if we could implement that rule as well, that would be great.

20. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

I do this however they take me out of class for two periods a day to weight train kids. I get paid alittle extra for that.

21. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

100% agree. I'm implemented that in my OD. I do not take it lightly when i hear Player A gets online at a scheduled time and waits over an hour before he can't play anymore while Player B completely ditches it. Not only is it disrespectful but it's flat out unacceptable.

• Like Like x 1
  22. aarondramp

That took me out of the ACC Championship game this year. I definitely think it's a good rule.

• Like Like x 1
  23. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I'm all for a hard 48 hour advance schedule.

I disagree that content should go to the wayside if we move at a faster clip. This is a premier league and content is a requirement. I've been disappointed not only with the slow pace, but also the lack of content. I wrote up the preview of the ACC championship run and all I asked was for the 5 other BigXII guys to say who they thought would win and only 2/5 answered. For the 2013 FR of the year out of 12 teams there's only 4 that have nominated any of their guys (or acknowledged that they don't have any). The power rankings have stopped. Yes UofC doesn't have a PC, but LSU still does. There are 4 teams that haven't even entered any recruits for 2014. I'm updating the almanac with current team and UvU records and I think that's about it for bonus content right now.

I agree that if someone misses a scheduled game they should have to go on AP unless they have a good excuse.

I know that not everyone gets notifications as well as others depending on their setup, but 24+ hour silences, especially when you have a user game is unacceptable.

• Like Like x 1
  24. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Agreed. 100%. Once i get a new PC (which won't be for a while =/ ) i'll be pumping out a bunch of shit. Especially Power Rankings.

25. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

I am not arguing we move faster and have less content, but if we were advancing a day at a time, or even in 36 hours every time, you could make the argument that not having the extras wouldn't be the worst thing ever. That being said, we are moving super slow, and still aren't getting content so it all sucks.