Advice

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by UofCWildcat, Sep 24, 2012.

1. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

In my friend's OD I got an offer from Baylor to be their HC from UTSA. My team is pretty good but I have no corner 70 or above before progression. Anyone know how to cover them up?

2. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

The best way to cover for bad corners is great D-Line pressure.

3. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

Just ask the guy what 3-3-5 plays gave him all the sacks that resulted in negative rushing yards. Problem solved.

• Like Like x 1
  4. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Thank God that i have 3 Dlineman (2 DTs and 1 DE) above 80 pre-progression then :D

5. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Don't worry. After that bullshit where it kept freezing on us, i nipped that in the bud.

6. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

ehhhh 3-3-5 isn't broken, at least not from my experience using it >< Anyway, as huskie said the best way around crappy corners is a good d-line, or just mixing up your scheme enough that you aren't playing man all the time with both. Usually if I have really terrible corners I'll throw in a lot of zone blitzes and overload zones if I know a guy likes to throw to one side. Or if you're playing someone who really likes the corner/post/etc you can also run man with a lineman or LB in a zone you audibled him into.

7. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

You missed the thread earlier where he had an error in his other OD because a friend was running a blitz from the 3-3-5 that created so many sacks that he gave up negative rushing yards for the season.

8. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

ahh ok. Well that's just abuse then. I've used the 3-3-5 for a combined 3 seasons in other leagues and didn't see abnormal sack numbers so I guess it just comes down to the user. I'd be willing to bet that user with all the sacks was either doing a massive overload blitz with both safeties or was doing something along the lines of a shake blitz.